Windows 10: How can I make the length of an mp3 file show up?

Discus and support How can I make the length of an mp3 file show up? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to burn some mp3 files to a blank cd, from youtube videos that I converted into mp3s. In properties, it doesn't show the length for any of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tallkneea, May 8, 2022.

1. tallkneea Win User

How can I make the length of an mp3 file show up?

I'm trying to burn some mp3 files to a blank cd, from youtube videos that I converted into mp3s. In properties, it doesn't show the length for any of them. However, it does show the length when I go to play it in Groovy weirdly, still does not show the length in the properties in Groovy. This is creating an issue for me as the Windows Media Player can't burn the mp3 files if it doesn't know the length of them. I've tried all of the regular solutions troubleshooting, changing the file directory, even downloading a third party app, but nothing changes it probably because the issue is not ju

:)

tallkneea, May 8, 2022

2. MP3 ringtone length

Hello everybody I have a 8800, my partner has a 6230. My ringtones is 3.2mb and plays as an mp3 file for 3min 30 seconds. My partners ringtones is 2.3mb and plays as an mp3 for 2min 30 seconds. On checking when both are set as a ringtone the length for
    both phones is approx 40 seconds before it cuts off !!!! The questions is "how do I go about adjusting the length of the time it will ring before it cuts off, with the recorded message this person is unavailable please try later" Any help please. Regards Tony

scubatony---01, May 8, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

How can I make the length of an mp3 file show up? [​IMG]

Here is a mp3 file with just Title (Concerto Gregoriano) and Composer in its metadata.
    1. In file explorer, I created a new file on my desktop and copied the mp3 file to it.
    As you can see, it is listed with date, size. The folder is a general format type, not music.
    Please try that.

2. To the right, mp3tag, a free utility, shows the metadata in the file.
    You might find it useful to get mp3tag.
    3. Rt click, Properties, Details, shows the Title as part of the metadata. (Composer is off the screen).

I suggest you make sure your mp3's do indeed contain metadata.

(Sorry the Window titles are faint- they are background, but should be clearer)

dalchina, May 8, 2022
  4. Bree Win User

windows 10: how do i display mp3 file duration in file explorer?

Welcome to TenForums @drnda42

'Length' is the correct column to choose, it shows the correct times for my mp3s.

Could it be something about the mp3 files that's non-standard? In File Explorer right-click on one and select 'Properties'. Does the correct length show on the 'Details' tab?

Bree, May 8, 2022
Thema:

1. How can I make the length of an mp3 file show up? - Similar Threads - length mp3 file

2. downloaded mp3 not showing file length. WMP is not showing the file length on downloaded mp3s?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downloaded mp3 not showing file length. WMP is not showing the file length on downloaded mp3s?: I downloaded mp3s to my desktop so I could put them on my usb drive to listen to in my car. Some of the songs are missing file length so I deleted them and downloaded them again and checked the down load length was there. but when i opened them on my pc the length was missing...
  3. downloaded mp3 not showing file length. WMP is not showing the file length on downloaded mp3s?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downloaded mp3 not showing file length. WMP is not showing the file length on downloaded mp3s?: I downloaded mp3s to my desktop so I could put them on my usb drive to listen to in my car. Some of the songs are missing file length so I deleted them and downloaded them again and checked the down load length was there. but when i opened them on my pc the length was missing...
  4. How can I make the length of an mp3 file show up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make the length of an mp3 file show up?: I'm trying to burn some mp3 files to a blank cd, from youtube videos that I converted into mp3s. In properties, it doesn't show the length for any of them. However, it does show the length when I go to play it in Groovy weirdly, still does not show the length in the...
  5. How can I make the length of an mp3 file show up?

How can I make the length of an mp3 file show up?: I'm trying to burn some mp3 files to a blank cd, from youtube videos that I converted into mp3s. In properties, it doesn't show the length for any of them. However, it does show the length when I go to play it in Groovy weirdly, still does not show the length in the...
  6. Downloaded mp3 files don't show up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloaded mp3 files don't show up in file explorer.: My specific issue is downloaded youtube mp4's and converted to mp3's with "Realplayer Downloader" and "Realplayer Converter" show up in my WMP library but do not show up in file explorer when accessing thru my cutter/joiner program. "Example" I've ripped 10 tracks from the cd...
  7. Downloaded mp3 files don't show up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded mp3 files don't show up in file explorer.: My specific issue is downloaded youtube mp4's and converted to mp3's with "Realplayer Downloader" and "Realplayer Converter" show up in my WMP library but do not show up in file explorer when accessing thru my cutter/joiner program. "Example" I've ripped 10 tracks from the cd...
  8. Downloaded mp3 files don't show up in file explorer.

9. How to make folder with mp3 files to playlist

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make folder with mp3 files to playlist: I want to use m3u files i already have on my phone. Can i tell windows to create seperate folders as playlists using the information from the m3u files? The m3u files include the information which songs (specific named mp3 files) should be put together in a playlist. My music...
  10. MP3 File Does Not Show Up on Device

MP3 File Does Not Show Up on Device: I have a Nokia Lumina 630. I just use it as a MP3 player. I copied over my music from One Drive, but doesn't show all of the songs. I can't edit the metadata on the songs that don't show up. I go into the music folder on the phone, and it shows the files are there, but they...