Windows 10: How can I make the lock screen background black?

Discus and support How can I make the lock screen background black? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I had disabled pictures for the lock screen background in Personalization, but this gave me a dark blue screen. Is there a way to turni it blackor... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LAPIII, Dec 27, 2019.

1. LAPIII Win User

How can I make the lock screen background black?

I had disabled pictures for the lock screen background in Personalization, but this gave me a dark blue screen. Is there a way to turni it blackor where might I download a black background?

:)

LAPIII, Dec 27, 2019

2. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Lock screen background keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand your concern about lock screen background, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to personalize the lock screen and check if it helps:

Change your lock screen background:

• Right click on Desktop, click on Personalization, and on
      Lock screen in the left pane.
    • Here, under Background (click on the drop down arrow) you will see
      Windows spotlight, Picture, Slideshow.
    • Select Windows Spotlight, lock the screen (Press Windows key + L) and check if it helps.
    • Also, you can select Picture, Choose your picture, lock the screen and check if the issue persists.

For more information refer: Personalize your lock screen

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Lock Screen Background

Hi Jean,

It's possible that you are updating the wrong configuration setting. The
    Background
    setting under Windows Settings > Personalization will update the background picture that will be shown on your desktop where icons are placed. Meanwhile, the
    Lock screen setting will update the background picture that will be shown when you are logging in to your device.

To update your Lock scren setting, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    2. Type in Lock screen settings in the search bar and press
      Enter
    3. Under Background, make sure the it is set to Picture.
    4. Click the Browse button.
    5. Locate the picture that you want to set as lock screen background and click
      Choose picture

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Ferdz Amp, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I make the lock screen background black? - Similar Threads - lock screen background

2. How can i stop my lock screen background from changing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i stop my lock screen background from changing?: My desktop wallpaper is working fine and don't changes but lock screen wallpaper keeps changing. I have selected Picture in persionalisation setting and my remember my prefrence option is off. when i out my laptop to sleep and opens it back it shows the wallpaper i slected...
  3. How can i stop my lock screen background from changing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i stop my lock screen background from changing?: My desktop wallpaper is working fine and don't changes but lock screen wallpaper keeps changing. I have selected Picture in persionalisation setting and my remember my prefrence option is off. when i out my laptop to sleep and opens it back it shows the wallpaper i slected...
  4. how to remove the black screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to remove the black screen background: my computer screen is showing a black ground for contrast but it is causing more problem --how can i remove it and go back the way it was clear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-black-screen-background/3a7f1ea2-f595-4a54-96bb-c2923d02d639
  5. how to remove the black screen background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove the black screen background: my computer screen is showing a black ground for contrast but it is causing more problem --how can i remove it and go back the way it was clear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-black-screen-background/3a7f1ea2-f595-4a54-96bb-c2923d02d639
  6. how to remove the black screen background

7. Showing lock screen on sign-in makes lock screen image black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing lock screen on sign-in makes lock screen image black: When I turn on the setting "Show the lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under personisation, the lock screen bbackground picture will just be black. Here's an example:Setting ONSetting OFFMy laptop: ASUS TUF Gaming F15Other info: Factory reset 8 days ago...
  8. Showing lock screen on sign-in makes lock screen image black

Showing lock screen on sign-in makes lock screen image black: When I turn on the setting "Show the lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under personisation, the lock screen bbackground picture will just be black. Here's an example:Setting ONSetting OFFMy laptop: ASUS TUF Gaming F15Other info: Factory reset 8 days ago...
  9. Background black screen

Background black screen: I made a folder with a bunch of pictures i use for a background slideshow and some pictures wont load. When i tried to set the picture for the background it automatically sets it to a black background. What do i do?...
  10. How can I retrieve old lock screen background images.

How can I retrieve old lock screen background images.: There are a few images that I have lost my copy of, yet they still show up when I go to change my lock screen background's picture. Is there a way to retrieve a copy of these images? And if so, how?...