Windows 10: How can I make the volume slider to properly control volume?

Discus and support How can I make the volume slider to properly control volume? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It use to work as intended but lately I've noticed that moving the slider to 0 mutes the volume, while moving anywhere between 1-100 maximizes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by laurentiu cosa, Mar 22, 2023.

1. How can I make the volume slider to properly control volume?

It use to work as intended but lately I've noticed that moving the slider to 0 mutes the volume, while moving anywhere between 1-100 maximizes the volume. To be clear: there is no gradual volume increase / decrease from 1 to 100, is always max; only moving to 0 mutes the volume.I have Realtek audio and Microsoft driver, there is no driver for windows 11 on manufacturer site. I have tried various setting options, disabled all audio enhancements, run the troubleshooter, all with no change.HP Pavilion laptop withHow can I make the volume slider to properly control volume? :processor AMD Ryzen 3 4300U with Radeon Graphics 2.70 GHzInstalled RAM 8.

:)

laurentiu cosa, Mar 22, 2023
  2. dacrone Win User

Link Multiple Volume Sliders

How can I make the volume slider to properly control volume? 316570d1611852190t-link-multiple-volume-sliders-vbprogram.png

How can I make the volume slider to properly control volume? 316571d1611852207t-link-multiple-volume-sliders-volsliders.png

so, to clarify... the VoiceMeeter app shows (highlighted in pink) the 2 Dell speakers and (highlighted in red) the 1 output to control both in unison. The volume sliders on allow me to control all 3 (each speaker and the voicemeeter) from the old volume tasktray flyout. what i would like to do is link the 3 on the flyout so that i can move one and turn the volume up or down for all (as this will control it for all pc sounds and apps... is this possible via a reg hack or anything of the sort? or does anyone know of a program to control multiple audio output devices simultaneously?

dacrone, Mar 22, 2023
  3. any way to override the master volume control?

My master volume control slider slides back to zero each time is it pushed upward. I believe this is a hardware issue.

Nevertheless, i am asking this question in desperation whether there is a way to deliver audio output with volume.

I tried a usb audio controller and even channelling the sound through bluetooth but the volume control of these are also controlled by the master volume control.

Any suggestions or tricks (aprt from a repair)?

Thanks

perfection, Mar 22, 2023
  4. How can I make the volume slider to properly control volume?

X-Fi only controls front speaker's volume.

It's definitely set to 4 channels and the Volume control is control panel are where they should although there are only two sliders. Shouldn't there be four?

Update on what I've figured out. If I go into the creative volume panel and adjust the "Wave" volume slider it adjusts all four speaker volumes but the "master volume" control for both windows and creative volume control panel only adjust the front two. Trashy and clunky. I want to get everything balanced and then have a true master volume control instead of having to adjust two volume controls every time I want to turn my music up or down.

Polaris573, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

How can I make the volume slider to properly control volume?

1. How can I make the volume slider to properly control volume? - Similar Threads - volume slider properly

2. How can I make the volume slider to properly control volume?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make the volume slider to properly control volume?: It use to work as intended but lately I've noticed that moving the slider to 0 mutes the volume, while moving anywhere between 1-100 maximizes the volume. To be clear: there is no gradual volume increase / decrease from 1 to 100, is always max; only moving to 0 mutes the...
  3. Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls: Hello. I have been using a Logitech G213 to control my volume and to skip songs while listening to music. But now suddenly the popup that happens while doing this has stopped showing up. This has prevented me from skipping through music and has become a hindrance. I hope...
  4. Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls

Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls: Hello. I have been using a Logitech G213 to control my volume and to skip songs while listening to music. But now suddenly the popup that happens while doing this has stopped showing up. This has prevented me from skipping through music and has become a hindrance. I hope...
  5. How to show Media Control Buttons alongside with volume slider control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to show Media Control Buttons alongside with volume slider control: Hello, recently I installed Windows 11 Pro editionthis is my first time using W11 and I have observed that Media Controls Buttons won't show like they used to be in Windows 10like in the first image,but only shows the slider without those media control buttonsbackward, pause,...
  6. How to show Media Control Buttons alongside with volume slider control

How to show Media Control Buttons alongside with volume slider control: Hello, recently I installed Windows 11 Pro editionthis is my first time using W11 and I have observed that Media Controls Buttons won't show like they used to be in Windows 10like in the first image,but only shows the slider without those media control buttonsbackward, pause,...
  7. volume slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  8. volume slider

volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  9. volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. volume slider

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume slider: I can see the speaker on the left of the taskbar next to the Time, Date & Year, but when I click it or right click it nothing happens. This happened after the last win10 update a few days ago. Any help will be appreciated. Thnks...