Windows 10: How can I make windows 10 NOT to install driver devices? and not updating drivers?

Discus and support How can I make windows 10 NOT to install driver devices? and not updating drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a laptop with AMD APU and an AMD GPU. After a damn update, my GPU seems dead or isn't working properly and triggers BSOD whenever it is switched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SupreemSS, Jan 30, 2019.

1. SupreemSS Win User

How can I make windows 10 NOT to install driver devices? and not updating drivers?

I use a laptop with AMD APU and an AMD GPU. After a damn update, my GPU seems dead or isn't working properly and triggers BSOD whenever it is switched on/ Used by any app. I somehow found out that using APU doesn't trigger any problems so am using it as for now. But windows 10 seems to be contradicting my decisions and my convenience by installing the drivers for my discrete GPU without my permission and triggering BSOD on the way. Since it is a laptop I cannot remove GPU physically. Can someone please, please help me stop windows 10 from installing driver for that particular device or any device as well as prevent it from updating existing drivers of my APU since the new drivers tend to decrease performance in GPU dependent tasks(personally verified)? I can't even use my laptop by this issue( it is an issue at least for me).

:)

SupreemSS, Jan 30, 2019

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Jayce Win User

How can I make windows 10 NOT to install driver devices? and not updating drivers?

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I make windows 10 NOT to install driver devices? and not updating drivers? - Similar Threads - install driver devices

2. How do I install a driver if the driver doesn't recognise the device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install a driver if the driver doesn't recognise the device?: Hi, I recently picked up a webcam from my inlaws, a "Live! Cam Optia" old I know, and it worked fine plug & play. I later tried to connect it to my Android phone, and it gave an error, so I gave up with that idea and plugged it back in, not giving it much thought. I tried to...
  3. How do I install a driver if the driver doesn't recognise the device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I install a driver if the driver doesn't recognise the device?: Hi, I recently picked up a webcam from my inlaws, a "Live! Cam Optia" old I know, and it worked fine plug & play. I later tried to connect it to my Android phone, and it gave an error, so I gave up with that idea and plugged it back in, not giving it much thought. I tried to...
  4. How is an audio device driver installed in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is an audio device driver installed in windows 10?: I suddenly have no sound from my Dell windows 10 laptop. I've done the troubleshooting, but it appears my laptop is missing the audio device driver. One of the instructions said to search for Device Manager then go to Sound, video & game controllers. Audio driver is supposed...
  5. How is an audio device driver installed in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How is an audio device driver installed in windows 10?: I suddenly have no sound from my Dell windows 10 laptop. I've done the troubleshooting, but it appears my laptop is missing the audio device driver. One of the instructions said to search for Device Manager then go to Sound, video & game controllers. Audio driver is supposed...
  6. How is an audio device driver installed in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How can i check if a driver is installed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i check if a driver is installed?: How can I check if a certain driver is already installed? Is there some folder where all of that saves? submitted by /u/swansfan_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kkevnp/how_can_i_check_if_a_driver_is_installed/
  8. How to install Bluetooth device driver.

How to install Bluetooth device driver.: Hi there I need help on how to fix my Bluetooth device on my laptop Acer E1 - 531 window 10 pro OS, I tried but the Bluetooth icon is missing in the hidden devices....
  9. How can I disable automatic driver / device installation?

How can I disable automatic driver / device installation?: Hi. This is not exactly win 10 specific question, i had same problem in win 7, but now that i'm on win 10, that problem is still there. here's what's going on: I have high-end gaming PC with GTX 980 and 4k monitor and 1080p monitor as secondary. 4k Monitor is connected...
  10. How do i install drivers for these Devices in Device Manager?

How do i install drivers for these Devices in Device Manager?: I recently did a fresh clean install of windows 10 64 bit on my ASUS X550LC Laptop. SPECS: Processor - 4th Gen i5 4200U Graphic Card - Nvidia GT720M RAM : 4GB DDR3 OS : Windows 10 64 Bit I am having a smooth experience with the OS but im just curious how should i...