Windows 10: how can i make Windows 10 remember the location of my Desktop Icons?

Discus and support how can i make Windows 10 remember the location of my Desktop Icons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have a 4K 3840x2160 main display, and a 1920x1200 secondary display, i have all my desktop icons sorted and arranged perfectly on my secondary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeppeGeer, Dec 27, 2019.

1. JeppeGeer Win User

how can i make Windows 10 remember the location of my Desktop Icons?

i have a 4K 3840x2160 main display, and a 1920x1200 secondary display, i have all my desktop icons sorted and arranged perfectly on my secondary display, but whenever i run a game in Fullscreen on the 4K display, Windows decides it's time to scramble my Icons into randomness on both screens, how do i make that stop?

:)

JeppeGeer, Dec 27, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Dec 27, 2019
  4. how can i make Windows 10 remember the location of my Desktop Icons?

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

how can i make Windows 10 remember the location of my Desktop Icons?

1. how can i make Windows 10 remember the location of my Desktop Icons? - Similar Threads - remember location Desktop

2. How make a desktop icon and toolbar icon for the Desktop itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How make a desktop icon and toolbar icon for the Desktop itself?: Not how make a desktop icon I know how do that. How do I can an icon on my toolbar that I can click when gaming that leads directly to the desktop; that minimizes all the programs and browsers and shows only the desktop. But is on my TOOLBAR so I can get to it EASILY. ???...
  3. How make a desktop icon and toolbar icon for the Desktop itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How make a desktop icon and toolbar icon for the Desktop itself?: Not how make a desktop icon I know how do that. How do I can an icon on my toolbar that I can click when gaming that leads directly to the desktop; that minimizes all the programs and browsers and shows only the desktop. But is on my TOOLBAR so I can get to it EASILY. ???...
  4. Can I make Windows remember my volume settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I make Windows remember my volume settings?: My computer's master volume seems to have no effect on my zoom/teams calls. Fortunately, I managed to find a workaround by changing the individual app volume in the sound mixer options. Unfortunately, Windows doesn't remember my app volume levels, so I have to do this every...
  5. How can I secure the icons of my desktop?

How can I secure the icons of my desktop?: My icons on the desktop is so very nice sorted. But without warning, all icons go to the left side, and the sortrd order is gone. Has anyone of you all managed to fix this little problem?...
  6. How do I make the icons on my desktop smaller?

How do I make the icons on my desktop smaller?: So I recently unplugged my second monitor's hdmi, used a different monitor, and then plugged the original one back in. The result was the icons i had on both monitors swapped monitors, and also they're all bigger now. To get the icons back to the right monitors though I just...
  7. Is there a way to make programs remember their size & location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make programs remember their size & location?: I'm running 4 displays but one of them isn't next to me so it's a bit of a pain when things don't go where they need to be. I keep a Chrome window & Rekordbox DJ open on my separated display. I'm using half the screen for each window, (4k portrait, 2160x1920 windows) Is...
  8. How can I make Edge remember website cookies?

How can I make Edge remember website cookies?: Every time I revisit websites on Edge, it forgets all stored cookie information meaning I have to re-enter passwords and so forth. From what I read, the default Edge option is to store and remember cookies, but this is not happening. Is this an Edge bug or is there a way to...
  9. HOW TO MAKE MY DESKTOP ICONS GREAT

HOW TO MAKE MY DESKTOP ICONS GREAT: HOW TO MAKE MY DESKTOP ICONS GREAT... PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-to-make-my-desktop-icons-great/cc1f8d2e-12e5-44df-9fff-abfc2907577f
  10. Desktop Icons Not Remembered on Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Not Remembered on Restart: I keep several folders on my desktop. I find the icon settings for the icons in those folders are not remembered when the PC reboots. For example, I like to set medium size icons but I find the details view is set after a reboot. I'm sure this used to work fine before the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remember windows size and position windows 10

2. remember window sizes