Windows 10: How can i make windows completely forget a headset ?

Discus and support How can i make windows completely forget a headset ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, My headset microphone began sounding completely horrible after i did some things, first of all its an headset that plugs in via audio jacks. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CipTheTrihard, Apr 21, 2020.

1. How can i make windows completely forget a headset ?

Hello, My headset microphone began sounding completely horrible after i did some things, first of all its an headset that plugs in via audio jacks. I did everything i could to fix it. But it still didnt work. My only option would be to make windows completely forget the headset, so i can plug it back in, and every setting to be at a default state. How can i do it ?

submitted by /u/CipTheTrihard
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CipTheTrihard, Apr 21, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue How can i make windows completely forget a headset ? :p

cadaveca, Apr 21, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How can i make windows completely forget a headset ? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

How can i make windows completely forget a headset ?

Headset microphone not working in windows 10

Thank you for the feedback. Since you have tried all the troubleshooting steps in the article, it's possible that the issue lies with the hardware or it's driver. To assist you further, please provide the following information:

• Have you tried the headset on a different Windows 10 computer?
    • Have you tried connecting a different headset on your PC?

We suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your PC to check the headset jack for issues. Also try to reach out to the manufacturer of your headset to
    check if they have a new driver for the recent Windows 10 updates.

Keep us posted.

Jay Jap, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

How can i make windows completely forget a headset ?

1. How can i make windows completely forget a headset ? - Similar Threads - completely forget headset

2. I forget my laptop password how can I get it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forget my laptop password how can I get it?: +201023134091 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forget-my-laptop-password-how-can-i-get-it/b21d365c-1604-4994-92bc-5fa28929d471
  3. I forget my laptop password how can I get it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forget my laptop password how can I get it?: +201023134091 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forget-my-laptop-password-how-can-i-get-it/b21d365c-1604-4994-92bc-5fa28929d471
  4. I forget my laptop password how can I get it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How can I make one account completely invisible with another defaulted.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I make one account completely invisible with another defaulted.: Here is what I am trying to do on a Windows 10 Home laptop. I have two accounts. Let's call them Bert and Ernie for ease of explaining. Bert is the administrator of this laptop and his account is tied to a Microsoft account. Ernie is a local account and could be...
  6. Make several computers forget Miracast

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Make several computers forget Miracast: I have an issue in regards to that the computers remembers the connection to the Miracast wireless display adapter. Sometimes a person forgets to disconnect and as soon as the computer is close to the Miracast the dashboard appears. How can you make the Windows 10 computers...
  7. How to make win10 Forget a password

in Browsers and Email
    How to make win10 Forget a password: Hi all, I have windows setup so that it asks me if it should remember the "sign in info for this website" and then i click yes or no. Is there a way to make windows forget the information for just one website? I know i can make it forget ALL passwords, but that is not what i...
  8. How to make windows forget usb device as if I had never plugged it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to make windows forget usb device as if I had never plugged it?: Hi! Windows seems to remember USB devices sometimes. How can I make it forget USB devices? For example if I plug in usb hard drive and I un-assign drive letter manually, it remembers this and does not assign it to this usb hard drive anymore. However, when I plug in another...
  9. Forget second monitor completely

Forget second monitor completely: Hi all. Simple question, how can I make sure the next time I plugged my second monitor on my laptop it won't used the settings I've chosen last time. Right now the second monitor is unusable (analog cut 67.5khz / 60khz, cant figure whats going on here) and each time I plug...
  10. How do I get Windows 10 to forget a driver completely ?

How do I get Windows 10 to forget a driver completely ?: How do I get Windows 10 to forget a driver completely , so that when I plug my device in, it acts like the first time its ever seen it? 94699