Windows 10: how can i make windows not try my offline router for internet?

Discus and support how can i make windows not try my offline router for internet? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i just got a dedicated router for streaming VR over wifi 6. only problem is that my computer tries to use this router that isn't online for internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/legop3, Jan 24, 2021.

1. /u/legop3 Win User

how can i make windows not try my offline router for internet?

i just got a dedicated router for streaming VR over wifi 6. only problem is that my computer tries to use this router that isn't online for internet requests for about a minute or so before it switches to using my household wifi network. is there a way i can make it try the wifi adapter first? thanks.

submitted by /u/legop3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/legop3, Jan 24, 2021
  2. LydiaSims Win User

Windows XP to internet provider router

I have a computer that still runs on Windows XP that was given to me about 2 yrs. ago & I recently just got an ethernet cable 3 wks. ago to connect the router to the computer. Because the computer runs on XP, I need step by step instructions on how to get
    the list of internet providers on my computer to have the internet going through my provider. Can you do that for me? Is there step by step instructions for me to follow? Please help me with that.

Frustrated

LydiaSims, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Gino Des Win User
    wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jan 24, 2021
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

1. how can i make windows not try my offline router for internet? - Similar Threads - try offline router

2. Can i use my Wifi as a gatway router to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i use my Wifi as a gatway router to internet: My home lab has 3 PCsPC1 has 2 network interface WIFI connected to internet and Ethernet connected to a local 5 port switchP2 and PC3 has no internet but Ethernet which are connected to same switch as PC1I want to keep PC1 Ethernet, PC2 and PC3 in different subnet, say...
  3. Can i use my Wifi as a gatway router to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i use my Wifi as a gatway router to internet: My home lab has 3 PCsPC1 has 2 network interface WIFI connected to internet and Ethernet connected to a local 5 port switchP2 and PC3 has no internet but Ethernet which are connected to same switch as PC1I want to keep PC1 Ethernet, PC2 and PC3 in different subnet, say...
  4. How can i remove files or anything that makes internet shortcuts in my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i remove files or anything that makes internet shortcuts in my computer: Hi,about 8 days ago i installed a game on my computer and some advertisement internet shortcut creators installed with it,and now i don't know how can i delete this shortcuts permanently,Every time I open the computer, these internet shortcuts are created again along with the...
  5. How can i remove files or anything that makes internet shortcuts in my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i remove files or anything that makes internet shortcuts in my computer: Hi,about 8 days ago i installed a game on my computer and some advertisement internet shortcut creators installed with it,and now i don't know how can i delete this shortcuts permanently,Every time I open the computer, these internet shortcuts are created again along with the...
  6. How I can make my website accessible in Internet Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How I can make my website accessible in Internet Explorer?: Hi there! I was using google chrome for all of my work, but when I tried to access my web page on internet explorer that is preinstalled in windows 10, it is not opening up there, my website is regarding best juicer for celery 2021, on the other browsers like Google Chrome,...
  7. How I can make my website accessible in Internet Explorer?

How I can make my website accessible in Internet Explorer?: Hi there!I was using google chrome for all of my work, but when I tried to access my web page on internet explorer that is preinstalled in windows 10, it is not opening up there, on the other browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox,it's accessible. Kindly help me...
  8. How I can make my website accessible in Internet Explorer?

How I can make my website accessible in Internet Explorer?: Hi there! I was using google chrome for all of my work, but when I tried to access my web page on internet explorer that is preinstalled in windows 10, it is not opening up there, on the other browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, it's accessible. Kindly help me in...
  9. Sharing my Internet Wifi to Router

Sharing my Internet Wifi to Router: How to share my Internet to Router? I've Internet connection with JioFi Reliance, India wifi dongle via "TP-Link" USB dongle at my computer Win_10. I want to share Internet to a router D-Link DWR-116 to increase to WiFi signal. Can anyone help...?...
  10. computer not able to make internet connection through router(s)

computer not able to make internet connection through router(s): A couple days ago the computer's internet access ( DSL ) failed. This was with a Western Digital MyNet600. I checked with the ISP's tech support ( ATT ), who tested the line each time I called them; on their side the line is clean. I can connect to the internet by...