Windows 10: How Can I Maximize Internet Speed?

Discus and support How Can I Maximize Internet Speed? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got Windows 10 Home edition. How can I maximize internet speed? 61081 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xlook, Aug 21, 2016.

1. xlook Win User

How Can I Maximize Internet Speed?

I got Windows 10 Home edition. How can I maximize internet speed?

:)

xlook, Aug 21, 2016
  2. Tim1901 Win User

IE 11 Won't Open Maximized In Windows 10

I am running IE 11 on Windows 10, Pro, 64bit. Whenever I open IE using my desktop icon, it doesn't open fully maximized. I have to click on the "Maximize" icon in the upper right corner. This happens every time I open IE 11 and/or any of my desktop internet
    web page shortcuts. How can I permanently correct this to where all of my IE pages open maximized? Thanks for your help!!

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category (from Windows | Windows 10 | Network & internet to
    Internet Explorer | Internet Explorer 11 | Windows 10).**

Tim1901, Aug 21, 2016
  3. PROBLEM WITH MAXIMIZED/MINIMIZED SCREENS

You are referring to Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer, right?

> file will be minimized

Do you mean "normal" (not filling the screen) as opposed to minimized to the Taskbar?

Don

Don Varnau, Aug 21, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Need a whole lot more of info. It is like going to your mechanic and asking them how to get more miles for the gallon, but not what for.

bro67, Aug 21, 2016
  5. xlook Win User
    How much more specific do you need? I dont get it.

xlook, Aug 21, 2016
  6. brummyfan Win User
    Start with filling up your system specs, provide details of your network hardware, tell us how you are connected(Ethernet or Wi-Fi) and also get in touch with your ISP to increase the speed for your line.
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

brummyfan, Aug 21, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    Uhm everything

bro67, Aug 22, 2016
  8. LMiller7 Win User

You would increase Internet speed by dealing with whatever is limiting it. Typically this would be your ISP limiting the speed to what you are paying for. In some cases there are other things limiting speed to something less but at present there isn't enough information to make even a reasonable guess.

LMiller7, Aug 22, 2016
  9. Mystere Win User
    How do you it's not already maximized? Without a baseline, there's no way to know.

Mystere, Aug 22, 2016
  10. xlook Win User
    That's true. But I wanted to know if there were tweaks to maximize it to the limits.

xlook, Aug 22, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    We need everything filled in on your System Spec's before anyone can suggest anything to you. It all depends on what computer you have, what hard drive, what Gateway, who your ISP is, how you are doing Network connections, if there is interference on the Wifi channel that you are using if that is how you are connecting, are there any bad routes or hops between you and whatever website you are trying to access, how much download and upload speed you are allowed by your ISP to use for your profile with them.

We do not fill out our System Spec's for gloating. It is there for allowing others to know what we are using and what hardware for our network and computers. Personally for my home network, I probably have one of the better & faster setups than the majority, when it comes to Wifi and LAN.

bro67, Aug 22, 2016
  12. snickie Win User
    I have W10 home and my download speed is 97 Mbit/s. My upload speed is also 97 Mbit/s. I haven't done any tweaking at all. If you have bad internet speed then it's probably what you pay your ISP. You get what you pay!

snickie, Aug 24, 2016
  13. xlook Win User

Who told you I got bad internet speed? I said I want to maximize my speed.

xlook, Aug 24, 2016
  14. bro67 Win User
    That does not help the OP in any way.

bro67, Aug 25, 2016
  15. bro67 Win User
    Still waiting on you to fill out your system spec's. At this point we are going to take this that you are not going to be helpful, so you will have wait for help until you get all of the blanks filled in your System Spec's section.

bro67, Aug 25, 2016
Thema:

1. How Can I Maximize Internet Speed? - Similar Threads - Maximize Internet Speed

2. How can we show the internet speeds on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can we show the internet speeds on windows 11?: How can we show the internet speeds on windows 11?How can we show the internet speed on windows task magager?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-show-the-internet-speeds-on-windows-11/34cf80d5-90f4-4fd2-b009-10f5c7692464
  3. How can we show the internet speeds on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can we show the internet speeds on windows 11?: How can we show the internet speeds on windows 11?How can we show the internet speed on windows task magager?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-show-the-internet-speeds-on-windows-11/34cf80d5-90f4-4fd2-b009-10f5c7692464
  4. How to speed up animation when closing or maximizing a window?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to speed up animation when closing or maximizing a window?: I don't want to get rid of animations completely. I just want to make it a little quicker like Android where you can set the animation scale to .5x in developer options. submitted by /u/I_love_emoji [link] [comments]...
  5. How to speed up animation when closing or maximizing a window?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to speed up animation when closing or maximizing a window?: I don't want to get rid of animations completely. I just want to make it a little quicker like Android where you can set the animation scale to .5x in developer options. submitted by /u/I_love_emoji [link] [comments]...
  6. how can I measure my internet speed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can I measure my internet speed?: how can I measure my internet speed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-measure-my-internet-speed/46463538-eb5e-4fbd-9686-f35ba99a6779
  7. how can i maximize battery life and how can i charge it to 60% only

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how can i maximize battery life and how can i charge it to 60% only: hi, lithium ion batteries last longer if u charge it to level 50 or 60 if u leave it 100% that is not good for storing and that's mostly because most people don't use their laptop batteries until they go out or power goes down my lenovo laptop has a feature that charges my...
  8. Maximize windows update speed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Maximize windows update speed: I often create instances from Win10 / Win2016 images that are several months old. When I do so, it literally takes days, and half a dozen reboots, to get all of the updates applied. Every time it reboots, I have to log in, go back to Windows Update again, search for...
  9. Internet Speeds

Internet Speeds: Hi folks, just looking for some information here. I have been a long-time Virgin Media customer and never really had cause to complain before. When we moved house back in May they had to do a fresh installation as they couldn't find the cable that came into the property...
  10. How do I maximize my internet speed while in Panama

How do I maximize my internet speed while in Panama: Heading for the jungles of Panama... actually, my house is not in the jungle but the only internet service I can get is via a company called Cable Onda and this service is via a dish, no in ground wires. Their service comes to me at an advertised rate of 4 Mbps. *cry While...