Windows 10: How can I merge system and boot partitions

Discus and support How can I merge system and boot partitions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi to all! On hdd-1 I have clean installation of windows 10 Pro updated to the latest version. (Of course) there are system reserved active partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by render1967, Feb 12, 2020.

1. How can I merge system and boot partitions

Hi to all!
    On hdd-1 I have clean installation of windows 10 Pro updated to the latest version. (Of course) there are system reserved active partition followed by boot partition C. Tell me, please, how to (if possible) merge system and boot partitions without the need for subsequent reinstallation of Windows 10.

:)

render1967, Feb 12, 2020

2. Merged the system reserved disk partition, now it won't boot up.

I have a windows 10 professional installed. There was a system reserved disk partition and i merged it with the local disk d by the aomei partition software.

And when i restart it doesn't boot up

What do i do

Please help

PrashantShah2, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Merging partitions

Hi RFish3

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Right click the System partition where Windows 10 is installed then click Extend.

Click Yes when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, Feb 12, 2020
  4. jeffQS Win User

How can I merge system and boot partitions

Is it possible to merge the OS partition and the boot partition?

I have 4 partitions on my HDD and am unable to download some diagnostic software due to this. I have a 500 MB reserved, OS, boot and recovery partitions. Is it possible to merge any of these partitions to make one available in Windows 10 education version?

jeffQS, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

How can I merge system and boot partitions

1. How can I merge system and boot partitions - Similar Threads - merge system boot

2. How can I merge partitions without lossing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I merge partitions without lossing data: As I have shared the Image I want to merge 4 partitions into 1 in Disk 0. REDI want to merge 2 partitions into 1 in Disk 1. GREENIs it possible to merge the partitions....
  3. hello how can i merge the recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello how can i merge the recovery partitions: i installled linux in a usb drive and some how linux make a recovry partition in the drive of windows i want to merge this partion or deleted but i dont know how note:- i dont know what partition it is...
  4. hello how can i merge the recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello how can i merge the recovery partitions: i installled linux in a usb drive and some how linux make a recovry partition in the drive of windows i want to merge this partion or deleted but i dont know how note:- i dont know what partition it is...
  5. How can I merge 2 partitions in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I merge 2 partitions in windows 11: I want to merge 2 partitions as they are not side by side like C and D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-merge-2-partitions-in-windows-11/9268a64a-2832-4508-9b79-5168b0e5a42a
  6. How to merge a partition to boot partition(same ssd)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to merge a partition to boot partition(same ssd): submitted by /u/Ripcord999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k2siue/how_to_merge_a_partition_to_boot_partitionsame_ssd/
  7. How can I merge my Boot and System Partition into an unique one?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I merge my Boot and System Partition into an unique one?: Hello everyone. I recently opened my disk manager and Boot and System Properties are on two different partitions. Here is a screenshot of my Disk Manager. [img] I apologize for the image being in french. The system partition where windows is installed is the second one...
  8. Is it possible to merge the OS partition and the boot partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to merge the OS partition and the boot partition?: I have 4 partitions on my HDD and am unable to download some diagnostic software due to this. I have a 500 MB reserved, OS, boot and recovery partitions. Is it possible to merge any of these partitions to make one available in Windows 10 education version?...
  9. how if at all can i merge partitions ..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how if at all can i merge partitions ..: this computer i just purchased was put together by previous owner with several partitions .. unfortunately the C: drive is very small and the E: drive is huge ... not sure if or how i can save programs and get them to work as the c: drive is pretty much full with the windows...
  10. How do I merge boot and system partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I merge boot and system partitions: Hi everyone, I recently updated from Win7 to Win10. Initially when updating I was encountering an error, which I resolved by splitting my SSD into 2 partitions using CMD (I found this information through other posts). Now the SSD is in 2 partitions, one being the boot...