Windows 10: How can I merge two partitions from an external SSD ?

Discus and support How can I merge two partitions from an external SSD ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a 4tb external SSD which has two default 2tb partitions Can I merge the two together Ive gone into disk management shrunk first one partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/renegademaster9090, Nov 15, 2021.

1. How can I merge two partitions from an external SSD ?

I have a 4tb external SSD which has two default 2tb partitions

Can I merge the two together

Ive gone into disk management shrunk first one partition them tried deleting it all together. The. I tried to extend the other or merge but I do not have a merge option and the extend is grayed out .

Any ideas ?

Is it even possible to merge these two

submitted by /u/renegademaster9090
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/renegademaster9090, Nov 15, 2021
  2. foxslink Win User

Cant merge Partitions

Hi folks,
    i was trying to merge a partition to another one but i couldnt, it said i didnt have GPT or that i dont have enough space to extend it, does anyone know why? there is only 1 unallocated partition im trying to merge into another partition that has files, the idea is to keep the files intact. i tried deleting it then using the extend function but nada. pls help

foxslink, Nov 15, 2021
  3. Toothless Win User
    Cant merge Partitions

Move the files, backed up. Use Easeus to delete both partitions, merge, make new parition, and move files back.

Toothless, Nov 15, 2021
  4. Merwynna Win User

How can I merge two partitions from an external SSD ?

Merge Partitions and re-install

Hello

I have just bought a new Windows 10 laptop which came with a 500gb SSD drive partitioned as follows;

EFI / OS Drive / recovery / Data

There is no DVD drive and hence no recovery or OS / driver disks.

I want to merge the OS drive with the data drive. Third party partition software will do this but wants to merge the recovery partition with it....no good if ultimately the OS drive fails?

I have been told to reinstall a full version of Windows 10 to solve this problem, so I have to download Windows 10 using microsoft's media creation tool. I have also been advised to first clone my system onto an external drive.

How do I make a clone?

Do I have to merge the partitions before I reinstall? Do I then format the resulting One drive?

How do I preserve the EFI partition, or will a re-install re-create this?

Will a re-install re-create another recovery partition?

Does the Windows 10 re-install include all the necessary drivers?

Merwynna, Nov 15, 2021
Thema:

How can I merge two partitions from an external SSD ?

1. How can I merge two partitions from an external SSD ? - Similar Threads - merge partitions external

2. How can I merge my Disk C 500GB ssd from its two 250GB partitions one for windows and the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I merge my Disk C 500GB ssd from its two 250GB partitions one for windows and the...: I want to merge two partitions of my disk C, it is 500GB and is divided in halve, one for windows installation and the other one for backup. I don’t want the backup and would use more space in C. Is there a way to did that without resin taking windows with a flash drive or...
  3. How can I merge my Disk C 500GB ssd from its two 250GB partitions one for windows and the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I merge my Disk C 500GB ssd from its two 250GB partitions one for windows and the...: I want to merge two partitions of my disk C, it is 500GB and is divided in halve, one for windows installation and the other one for backup. I don’t want the backup and would use more space in C. Is there a way to did that without resin taking windows with a flash drive or...
  4. How to merge partitions of the same SSD drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to merge partitions of the same SSD drive: Hello there,I wanted to merge my C and D drive, which are the same SSD, but the Store I bought it from, they've split it into 2 parts.I need them into 1 drive, as all my things are here and there, and it's confusing. I'm running Windows 11, if that makes a difference in the...
  5. Merge two partitions with a partition in between

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merge two partitions with a partition in between: I deleted a recovery partition 17G and want to merge it into my C partition but I have a System Reserved Partition in between the two. Is there a way to do this? I understand you have to keep the System Reserved in windows 10. I'm using Windows 10 Pro, version21H1, build...
  6. Merge two partitions with a partition in between

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Merge two partitions with a partition in between: I deleted a recovery partition 17G and want to merge it into my C partition but I have a System Reserved Partition in between the two. Is there a way to do this? I understand you have to keep the System Reserved in windows 10. I'm using Windows 10 Pro, version21H1, build...
  7. Merging two(?) partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Merging two(?) partitions: I bought a new laptop (it came with FreeDOS) and wanted to do a fast & clean Windows 10 install, so: 1. I get the boot order right, 2. Boot from my USB stick, 3. Pick the partition and install. It seems, in haste, I forgot about something(?), because the moment I got the...
  8. How to merge a partition to boot partition(same ssd)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to merge a partition to boot partition(same ssd): submitted by /u/Ripcord999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k2siue/how_to_merge_a_partition_to_boot_partitionsame_ssd/
  9. how if at all can i merge partitions ..

how if at all can i merge partitions ..: this computer i just purchased was put together by previous owner with several partitions .. unfortunately the C: drive is very small and the E: drive is huge ... not sure if or how i can save programs and get them to work as the c: drive is pretty much full with the windows...
  10. How to merge two partitions into one?

How to merge two partitions into one?: I have recently upgraded to the Windows 10 anniversary version. I would like to extend my C: drive by merging the F: drive into it. Attached is the photo of my hard drive. How do I go about merging F: drive into c: drive? I would like to use Windows 10 disk management...