Windows 10: How can I migrate my Windows 10 install to a new drive?

Discus and support How can I migrate my Windows 10 install to a new drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey there. I've been attempting to migrate my system drive to a new SSD with more space on it, but I'm not sure about how to get the PC to recognize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/flipdark9511, Jan 16, 2021.

1. How can I migrate my Windows 10 install to a new drive?

Hey there. I've been attempting to migrate my system drive to a new SSD with more space on it, but I'm not sure about how to get the PC to recognize that the new drive has windows on it.

I've used Macrium Reflect to clone my C: Drive to the empty SSD, but from there I want to use that new SSD as the system drive instead of the old one. How do I do that? I also want to change the drive letter of the old drive so my programs can recognize the new drive without much difficulty.

submitted by /u/flipdark9511
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/flipdark9511, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

How can I migrate my Windows 10 install to a new drive?

1. How can I migrate my Windows 10 install to a new drive? - Similar Threads - migrate install drive

2. How can I get Windows 10 for installation on a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get Windows 10 for installation on a new hard drive?: How can I get Windows 10 for installation on a new hard drive? The old on cannot be operated.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-windows-10-for-installation-on-a-new/57bb3769-de22-4a13-888a-5ac28cd8000f
  3. How can I get Windows 10 for installation on a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get Windows 10 for installation on a new hard drive?: How can I get Windows 10 for installation on a new hard drive? The old on cannot be operated.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-windows-10-for-installation-on-a-new/57bb3769-de22-4a13-888a-5ac28cd8000f
  4. How can I get Windows 10 for installation on a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Migrating Windows 10 to new ssd drive.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrating Windows 10 to new ssd drive.: I need to retire my very old hdd. I am hoping that I can transfer my existing installation from drive to drive without a lot of trouble. Is this possible?...
  6. How do I migrate windows 10 to another drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I migrate windows 10 to another drive?: Hello all! I was wondering if you guys could help me. I have windows 10 on an old 120gb m.2 and I want to put it on a newer 256gb m.2, so is there a way to put windows 10 on a hdd that is currently installed in the system to then replace the old drive and put windows 10 on...
  7. Migrating a Windows 10 installation to a new SSD drive

Migrating a Windows 10 installation to a new SSD drive: Before I ask my question, I've read this post so I understand the basic procedure. My exact situation however is that I intend to keep the existing drive with Windows on it installed, but just transfer my Windows installation to a new SSD that I plan on installing. What do...
  8. how to migrate to a new Windows 10 laptop?

how to migrate to a new Windows 10 laptop?: Hello, It's time to replace my 6 year old laptop with a new one. But I have about 50 applications installed. Some I don't remember how they got there, others for which I don't have the install executables anymore and others for which I might have some installation CD's....
  9. Migrating to a new Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrating to a new Hard Drive?: Hi Forum Folke, So my hard drive had a catastrophic failure... the machine won't boot from ANY source if the drive is plugged in. I put another much smaller drive from my last laptop into it, and suddenly now the machine boots from DVD. So, the drive is dead/trash/gone....
  10. How can I install new clean copy of my windows 10 ?

How can I install new clean copy of my windows 10 ?: I have windows 10 Home: Version: 1709 Build: 16299.248 I want to format my hard disk and install a new clean of my windows 10 copy. 1. The first step I want to do is some how to download from the internet from microsoft the windows 10 it self and make a bootable dvd using...