Windows 10: How can I minimize disk usage?

Discus and support How can I minimize disk usage? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I open Task Manager in my laptop and I can see that my disc usage is 100% and it won't decrease. Can somebody help me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ilias Kslr, Sep 23, 2018.

1. How can I minimize disk usage?

I open Task Manager in my laptop and I can see that my disc usage is 100% and it won't decrease. Can somebody help me?

:)

Ilias Kslr, Sep 23, 2018

2. Off the chart (literally!) disk usage

Glenn, we would like to check if you are still experiencing a high disk usage on your end, if yes, we would like to ask if you can try to follow the steps below for as a workaround:

• Go to Start menu and select Settings
    • Select System
    • Select Notification & actions
    • Then turn off all notification and check if disk usage would still get a high usage.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Jose Est Win User
    100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Gino Des Win User

How can I minimize disk usage?

Disk usage 100%

Hi,

A startup program or service might be the cause of this issue. To identify the offending program or service, we suggest that you

perform a clean boot
    . This is carried out to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update.

After starting your computer in a clean boot environment and if you do not experience high disk usage, kindly follow the steps in the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section in the previous link.

A driver conflict can also cause this issue. We recommend that you check and
    update the device drivers
    on your computer. Driver updates for Windows 10
    are automatically downloaded and installed through Windows Update.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided by
    DigitalMooney in the following thread: How to fix 100% disk usage
    in Windows 10

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

How can I minimize disk usage?

1. How can I minimize disk usage? - Similar Threads - minimize disk usage

2. How to decrease Disk Usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to decrease Disk Usage: [ATTACH] Hello, I have an old computer (used by my grandmother), the HDD will die soon. I can't change the disk now. Do you have some technics for reduce disk usage and preserve it ? Thanks submitted by /u/F4Fanthome [link] [comments]...
  3. How can I fix 100% disk usage on windows 11 -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix 100% disk usage on windows 11 -: How can I fix 100% disk usage on windows 11 - I have done everything already suggested. I have been on every forum, every website. I have disabled everything, I have updated everything, it happens in Safe Mode - I have removed all extensions.......... there is NO remedy...
  4. How can I fix 100% disk usage on windows 11 -

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix 100% disk usage on windows 11 -: How can I fix 100% disk usage on windows 11 - I have done everything already suggested. I have been on every forum, every website. I have disabled everything, I have updated everything, it happens in Safe Mode - I have removed all extensions.......... there is NO remedy...
  5. how can i fix high disk usage by system while gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i fix high disk usage by system while gaming?: i got a lot fps drop and i knew the issue is from system using 100% disk usage how can i fix that problom? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-high-disk-usage-by-system-while/2aed24fa-2173-42d4-a897-106030366d2f
  6. how can i fix high disk usage by system while gaming?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i fix high disk usage by system while gaming?: i got a lot fps drop and i knew the issue is from system using 100% disk usage how can i fix that problom? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-high-disk-usage-by-system-while/2aed24fa-2173-42d4-a897-106030366d2f
  7. how can i fix high disk usage by system while gaming?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How do I reduce disk usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I reduce disk usage?: [ATTACH] Windows10 has trouble updating as it tells me I need to reduce hard disk space usage. How can I do that when almost all of the space consumed is by system and reserved windows files? I have removed all other programs that are not critical to me....
  9. How can I minimize CPU usage?

How can I minimize CPU usage?: Hey can someone tell me how to minimize cpu usage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-can-i-minimize-cpu-usage/724f450e-0f43-4a3e-8344-3f6a4d1a6ac6
  10. How can you minimize RAM usage?

How can you minimize RAM usage?: Hi guys I just want to know how to minimize RAM usage in a laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-can-you-minimize-ram-usage/2372ba97-ce32-4fab-953f-0ce6dcd223cf