Windows 10: How can I modify the “schedule scan” to be disabled? don't have permission to disable

Discus and support How can I modify the “schedule scan” to be disabled? don't have permission to disable in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After running powercfg /requests, it seems that \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\MoUsoCoreWorker.exe is responsible for my computer not being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JohnVanVT, Aug 7, 2020.

1. JohnVanVT Win User

How can I modify the “schedule scan” to be disabled? don't have permission to disable

After running powercfg /requests, it seems that \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\MoUsoCoreWorker.exe is responsible for my computer not being able to sleep/stay asleep.

I've located the process to "schedule scan" within the task scheduler, but am unable to disable it as I get an error "the user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task"

:)

JohnVanVT, Aug 7, 2020
  2. f_bax Win User

The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task.

Attempts to disable or modify any task in Task Scheduler results in "The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task."; even though my user account has Administrator privileges. I have created a new
    task; it works correctly and I can modify it anytime. Tasks created by me in the past or tasks created by software (update checks, etc) cannot be modified. Any suggestions how to fix this?

f_bax, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled

Hi ErolD.IT,

Your computer may have been set to run tasks such as software updates, security scan, and system diagnostics when not in use. Let's look into your computer's
    System and Maintenance page and see if the mentioned option is enabled. Follow these steps:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Navigate to System and Security > Security and Maintenance.
    3. Expand the Maintenance category.
    4. Under Automatic Maintenance, click Change maintenance settings.
    5. Uncheck the Allow scheduled maintenance to wake up my computer at the scheduled time option.
    6. Click OK.

You may also disable the wake timers under Power options. Here's how:

1. Open Control Panel, then click Power Options.
    2. At the right pane of your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    3. Click Change advanced power settings.
    4. Locate and expand the Sleep option on the list.
    5. Expand Allow wake timers, then set the Setting to
      Disable
    6. Click Apply, then OK.

Please let me know how it goes so I can further assist you if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 7, 2020
  4. How can I modify the “schedule scan” to be disabled? don't have permission to disable

How to schedule scan with Windows defender and How to disable Cortana

Hi Nick,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To schedule scan with Windows defender kindly follow the steps given in the below link and check if it helps:

How to schedule Windows defender scan?

And related to Cortana, If you prevent Cortana from running as a Windows Process you also loose
    Windows Search. We do not recommend doing it. How ever you can follow the steps in the given link to disable Cortana:

How to disable Cortana on the Windows 10 Taskbar

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you better.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

How can I modify the “schedule scan” to be disabled? don't have permission to disable

1. How can I modify the “schedule scan” to be disabled? don't have permission to disable - Similar Threads - modify “schedule scan”

2. Schedule Scan Cannot be modified or disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Schedule Scan Cannot be modified or disabled: I have schedule scan everyday that crashes my latop. When i try to disable the message show: "The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task. "And if i click properties and disable then apply, it requires me to enter the password for...
  3. Schedule Scan Cannot be modified or disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Schedule Scan Cannot be modified or disabled: I have schedule scan everyday that crashes my latop. When i try to disable the message show: "The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task. "And if i click properties and disable then apply, it requires me to enter the password for...
  4. How can I disable it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I disable it?: I recently got given a Microsoft laptop windows 10 For the use of my Xxpen artist12. I attempted to download the drivers for it and when I clicked on “open” it appeared with. “Do you want this app to make changes?” With the only option saying No. I can’t disable it too...
  5. How can I disable "We need permission to disable Phone Link features?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable "We need permission to disable Phone Link features?": I understand Microsoft would like me to give permissions for "enhancements" for this functionality. But the link works fine for my purposed. Demanding that I give additional permissions to the app everytime I open it is unnecessary and, frankly, irritating. It's a good...
  6. How to disable the scheduled Update Orchestrator scan in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable the scheduled Update Orchestrator scan in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If your computer is waking up all the time because of the UpdateOrchestrator Service, […] This article How to disable the scheduled Update Orchestrator scan in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How can I modify the “schedule scan” to be disabled? (don't have permission to disable)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I modify the “schedule scan” to be disabled? (don't have permission to disable): After running powercfg /requests, it seems that \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\MoUsoCoreWorker.exe is responsible for my computer not being able to sleep/stay asleep. I've located the process to "schedule scan" within the task scheduler, but am unable to disable it...
  8. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled: I put my machine to sleep. It wakes up due to a task in Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator > Schedule Retry Scan [ATTACH] I am the administrator of my own home machine and I would like to disable this as I do NOT want my machine waking when I am not using it. This...
  9. No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler: Hello, I'm trying to disable a task in Task Scheduler, FCU 1709 as I always did with all previous versions of W 10 without problems. Now, when I go to Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows/Update Orchestrator/Scheduled Scan and trying to disable that task, I'm getting the...
  10. How can i disable task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can i disable task scheduler?: I want to be able to do the tasks when i want to so i dont need task sceduler but the only option that works changing the schedule startup to 4 but after a restart my taskbar is crippled does anyone know how to successfully turn it off? 75739