Windows 10: How can I move everything from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive?

Discus and support How can I move everything from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I wanna move everything from temp folders and so on from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive without creating Aria Debug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IntenseJames, Mar 4, 2019.

1. How can I move everything from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive?

How can I move everything from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive? d29aea44-321a-434e-8b9a-0fee58b94952?upload=true.jpg

How can I move everything from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive? cd54eb45-ed33-4a62-a7d3-cd0eae99a59d?upload=true.jpg

How can I move everything from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive? 7cf96b2b-e7a0-45b4-85b3-122503030120?upload=true.jpg

I wanna move everything from temp folders and so on from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive without creating Aria Debug files or other issues how would I do this?

Because I already have everything pointing to my DATA (D) Drive but I have stuff like C/Windows/Temp in my OS (C) Drive how can I move these without breaking something?

My DATA (D) Drive has more space and I need it to build my SDK in Android Studio and when I try building my SDK it tells me not enough room since it's pointing to my C/Windows/Temp folder and when I try pointing it to my DATA (D) Drive I get issues like Aria Debug.

So how do I correctly move these files from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive?

:)

IntenseJames, Mar 4, 2019

2. No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Gerwoj Win User
    OS drive versus D drive

My new window computer has 100g on the OS drive, of which 71G is already used (Computer is two weeks old)

How much of the 71G is from the Windows 10 operating system?

If I buy a piece of software and install it on my computer, is it all going to land on the OS drive?

MY D drive has 1TB of storage space. It is designated as D (Data).

I assume anything I create (Word Docs, CAD drawings, etc) would be stored here.

If What I've said is true why do documents I create default to the OS C: drive?

Gerwoj, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Bross76 Win User

How can I move everything from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive?

All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized

Hello everyone

I am using a ASUS ROG laptop with two drives: a SSD "C:/" called "OS" and a HDD "D:/" called DATA.

After uninstalling 4 or 5 games from my laptop (properly, using the Applications list to uninstall), all my games, music, pictures, etc stored on drive D (DATA) suddenly looked to have disappeared. Steam is still working but all games show as uninstalled, Origin isn't even working at all anymore, all my music, videos etc can't be found and played anymore.

When trying to play a mp3 from "recent files", it says that drive D is not available and the file can't be found.

Drive D is still visible and can be opened but it appears almost empty, which shouldn't be the case. I think all my data is still there but can't be seen. I can still see all my Origin and Steam games in the Apllications list. It's like the data is not available or recognized anymore. The laptop runs fine (fast, no weird noises, no system error).

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot!

Bross76, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

How can I move everything from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive?

1. How can I move everything from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive? - Similar Threads - move everything Drive

2. How can i move games, documents etc. from my d drive to my c drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i move games, documents etc. from my d drive to my c drive?: I want to move my games, documents etc. from my d drive to my c drive. (D drive is an old hdd and c drive a new m.2 ssd) How can i move everything? submitted by /u/jaR0o0 [link] [comments]...
  3. What to move from C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What to move from C drive to D drive: Hi, I have a laptop with a 118GB SSD C drive and a 920GB HDD D drive. I have only a few megabytes of space left on my C drive so I need to start moving things from my C drive to my D drive to free up space. However, I have no idea what I can move to the D drive. I already...
  4. Moving app from C: drive to D: drive

Moving app from C: drive to D: drive: How do I move an app to a different internal drive? I'm aware of the move tool in the apps and features settings but it is greyed out and unavailable with no explanation as to why. I'd rather move the application without uninstalling and reinstalling it as it is a large file...
  5. How to move stuff from OS C: drive to D D: drive safely.

How to move stuff from OS C: drive to D D: drive safely.: Hello, I am asking how to move some important file library locations music, documents, pictures, perhaps even my desktop files and more to my D drive since my OS drive is almost full. Yes, I don't understand how computers work but i messed up before and wish not to do it...
  6. Move data from C drive to D

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Move data from C drive to D: How to move a c drive that is full to the D drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-data-from-c-drive-to-d/0df7a77f-dcac-4ec1-9d53-148f0565176e
  7. How to move pictures from the C drive to the D drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move pictures from the C drive to the D drive?: I have folders with a bunch of pictures and I want to move them to the D drive because there is more space there. How to do that? Also is there a way to set the D drive as the default drive so pictures saved will automatically go there? submitted by /u/jayx468 [link]...
  8. Moving 'System' Drive from C to D Drive

Moving 'System' Drive from C to D Drive: Because my C drive has limited space, Ive been trying to change all settings of storage to my D drive. However, whenever trying to install a new program, it tries to be downloaded on the C drive still as the program requires to be downloaded on the 'system drive'. I also...
  9. How can I merge my D: drive and my C: Drive?

How can I merge my D: drive and my C: Drive?: My D: drive has 900 GB available and my C: drive is out of space. I tried going into disk management and right clicking my C: drive, but the extend volume button is grayed out. My C: drive is in the disk 1 section while my D: drive is in the disk 0 section. Please help, my...
  10. C Drive is full, how to move unwanted data to D drive?

C Drive is full, how to move unwanted data to D drive?: Hi there, my c drive is almost full and this has slowed down my window explorer files when i try to go in document so i wanted to know what i can cut and copy/ transfer files or data to my d drive so my laptop can run faster? thanks...