Windows 10: How can i move games, documents etc. from my d drive to my c drive?

Discus and support How can i move games, documents etc. from my d drive to my c drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to move my games, documents etc. from my d drive to my c drive. (D drive is an old hdd and c drive a new m.2 ssd) How can i move everything?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jaR0o0, Mar 8, 2021.

1. /u/jaR0o0 Win User

How can i move games, documents etc. from my d drive to my c drive?

I want to move my games, documents etc. from my d drive to my c drive. (D drive is an old hdd and c drive a new m.2 ssd) How can i move everything?

submitted by /u/jaR0o0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jaR0o0, Mar 8, 2021

2. Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Windows 10 search not showing any document in C&D drive

Hi,

In windows 10 search, if I try to search any document in my C or D drive, that doesn’t show in the search result. whereas if I change the Filter "All" Category to "folder" or documents it will show there.

Example: I have a folder named “AAA” in C Drive, and I search that folder in windows 10 search, there will be no result, same time if I change the Filter “All” to Folder, there I can found this folder “AAA”.

Note that the C and D Drives are already in the indexing list. And I have rebuild the indexing, still I couldn’t solve this issue.

ZulfikarAli kk, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Jan Del Win User

D drive

Since the game is being downloaded to the temporary files of the drive C, it may create conflict when you install the downloaded game from temporary file C to drive D. We suggest to set-up your steam to download the game directly to drive D and check if
    you will get the same error message when you install it.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

1. How can i move games, documents etc. from my d drive to my c drive? - Similar Threads - move games documents

2. Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive: I have not been able to move my documents folder from my C drive, which is a solid state drive, to my D drive, which is a regular hard drive. I've tried going into the folder properties and changing the location, but it doesn't move. I do not have One Drive installed on my...
  3. I cant install or move games from my C drive to my D drive! Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cant install or move games from my C drive to my D drive! Microsoft Store: Every time i try to install or move games from the Microsoft store i just gives my diffrent errors like this one.It basically sais "We cant move Sea of ThievesThe action was not completet, try again later.The error is 0x80070005, If you need it" Please help me :-...
  4. How do you MOVE Documents from C: Drive to D: Drive?

How do you MOVE Documents from C: Drive to D: Drive?: My computer is a hybrid of 256GB SS drive C: and an HDD 1 TB drive D:. All the data files have been saved to the C: drive so far, but now I have used up almost all of the 256GB. There is nothing on the D: drive. I want to move my Document folders and files, and Picture...
  5. What to move from C drive to D drive

What to move from C drive to D drive: Hi, I have a laptop with a 118GB SSD C drive and a 920GB HDD D drive. I have only a few megabytes of space left on my C drive so I need to start moving things from my C drive to my D drive to free up space. However, I have no idea what I can move to the D drive. I already...
  6. Moving app from C: drive to D: drive

Moving app from C: drive to D: drive: How do I move an app to a different internal drive? I'm aware of the move tool in the apps and features settings but it is greyed out and unavailable with no explanation as to why. I'd rather move the application without uninstalling and reinstalling it as it is a large file...
  7. How to move pictures from the C drive to the D drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move pictures from the C drive to the D drive?: I have folders with a bunch of pictures and I want to move them to the D drive because there is more space there. How to do that? Also is there a way to set the D drive as the default drive so pictures saved will automatically go there? submitted by /u/jayx468 [link]...
  8. Moving 'System' Drive from C to D Drive

Moving 'System' Drive from C to D Drive: Because my C drive has limited space, Ive been trying to change all settings of storage to my D drive. However, whenever trying to install a new program, it tries to be downloaded on the C drive still as the program requires to be downloaded on the 'system drive'. I also...
  9. How can I move everything from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive?

How can I move everything from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I wanna move everything from temp folders and so on from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive without creating Aria Debug files or other issues how would I do this? Because I already have everything pointing to my DATA (D) Drive but I have...
  10. How can I merge my D: drive and my C: Drive?

How can I merge my D: drive and my C: Drive?: My D: drive has 900 GB available and my C: drive is out of space. I tried going into disk management and right clicking my C: drive, but the extend volume button is grayed out. My C: drive is in the disk 1 section while my D: drive is in the disk 0 section. Please help, my...