Windows 10: How can I move my wallpaper vertically in Windows 10?

Discus and support How can I move my wallpaper vertically in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I would like to move my wallpaper up by 60 exactly 60 pixels, as to "prevent" it going "behind" the taskbar cause it is really annoying.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vincent Cerowski, Oct 28, 2020.

1. How can I move my wallpaper vertically in Windows 10?

Hello.

I would like to move my wallpaper up by 60 exactly 60 pixels, as to "prevent" it going "behind" the taskbar cause it is really annoying.

BEFORE YOU ANSWER: No, I do not want to autohide the taskbar nor do I want to make the taskbar transparent. And no, I do not want to simply photoshop a black bar under the image to "move" it up because I am talking about approx. 50 images I want my wallpaper to be a slideshow

I have tried a little program called Wallpaper Aligner, and it works just fine on my VM running guest Windows 7. The problem is, the app does not function properly on Windows 10 even after running it in compatibility mode with admin privileges.

I then tried messing around with the WallpaperOriginY and WallpaperOriginX registry keys HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop, but they have no effect at least on Windows 10.

Can anyone tell me how to move my wallpaper up? If you want to try to resolve the issue with the Wallpaper Aligner program, I uploaded the installer to google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EVM65rbENrayucxx6GffFJzuGI-7HiCh/view I scanned it, it is virus-free

Thanks in advance,

Have a great day!

:)

Vincent Cerowski, Oct 28, 2020

2. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 28, 2020
  4. lZKoce Win User

How can I move my wallpaper vertically in Windows 10?

Wallpaper setup in Windows 10

Hello everyone,

laugh all you want, but I have an issue with Windows 10 and setting up wallpapers. Right click-> background doesn't help. I want the old school screen I have seen in Windows 8. I want to set up a dual monitor wallpaper. This command used to take me to the right place :

control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper , but now it doesn't. What could be the problem here ?

The wallpaper page is no longer available from Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Personlization > Desktop background like in Windows 8. Why did they change this is beyond my understanding. Anyone with an idea is more than welcomed.

Windows version is : 1703 ( OS build 15063.483 )
    Windows edition: Home
    Activation status: Digital license linked to my MS Account

lZKoce, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

How can I move my wallpaper vertically in Windows 10?

1. How can I move my wallpaper vertically in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - move wallpaper vertically

2. How can I change my wallpaper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change my wallpaper: I was able to change my wallpaper prior to today. It shows under personalization as the one I would like in the preview, however it will not change the actual wallpaper. There are no updates to complete....
  3. How can I change my wallpaper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change my wallpaper: I was able to change my wallpaper prior to today. It shows under personalization as the one I would like in the preview, however it will not change the actual wallpaper. There are no updates to complete....
  4. How to move taskbar to vertical position in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move taskbar to vertical position in windows 11?: How do I move the task bar from horizontal position to vertical position? Company just installed windows 11 and I can't seem to figure out how to move it....
  5. How to move taskbar to vertical position in windows 11?

How to move taskbar to vertical position in windows 11?: How do I move the task bar from horizontal position to vertical position? Company just installed windows 11 and I can't seem to figure out how to move it....
  6. How can I change my wallpaper background?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change my wallpaper background?: How can I change my wallpaper background? My laptop is currently member of a domain and we have a wallpaper policy implemented. When I used my laptop outside of our network, the wallpaper turned black....
  7. How can I change my wallpaper background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change my wallpaper background?: How can I change my wallpaper background? My laptop is currently member of a domain and we have a wallpaper policy implemented. When I used my laptop outside of our network, the wallpaper turned black....
  8. How can I change my wallpaper background?

9. How can I set an MP4 as my desktop wallpaper?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I set an MP4 as my desktop wallpaper?: Without using Wallpaper Engine submitted by /u/svenpewdiepie128 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gb0tmm/how_can_i_set_an_mp4_as_my_desktop_wallpaper/
  10. Windows 10 - Cannot remove this weird movable vertical line on my desktop wallpaper.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Cannot remove this weird movable vertical line on my desktop wallpaper.: So I opened my laptop today and found this on my desktop - a weird black that runs from the center of the screen. At first, I thought it's a hardware issue but vertical line disappears when I open any other program or window or click the far right of the taskbar. Hovering...