Windows 10: How can I move Outlook items with same name to Z Drive without having to rename them?

Discus and support How can I move Outlook items with same name to Z Drive without having to rename them? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The option to move and leave the same as it was is GONE! Looking for a simple solution as I have to move thousands of emails and can't rename the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by M Gaudet, Feb 5, 2020.

1. M Gaudet Win User

How can I move Outlook items with same name to Z Drive without having to rename them?

The option to move and leave the same as it was is GONE! Looking for a simple solution as I have to move thousands of emails and can't rename the duplicates. This seems to be a Windows 10 oddity.

:)

M Gaudet, Feb 5, 2020
  2. RobRue Win User

new drive named local disk(z) is appearing

Solved... at least for me.

I tried some of the other suggested methods to get rid of "local disk (z) with no success.

However, a simple System Restore to an earlier version removed the mystery disk Z: completely.

RobRue, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Anak Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

How can I move Outlook items with same name to Z Drive without having to rename them? [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Anak, Feb 5, 2020
  4. jimbo45 Win User

How can I move Outlook items with same name to Z Drive without having to rename them?

Outlook 2007 Deleted items

Hi there

@Take a guess

on IMAP if you set in the config operations for each account you have the problems with -- Root Folder -->INBOX there should then be a deleted items folder. Restart outlook and when you delete items they should then go to the deleted items folder. Use Empty folder to purge the email.

Outlook 2007 and 2010 will work the same

Step 1 in account config -->change-->advanced choose the last tab and then enter INBOX (in English should be Root Folder in the menu)

How can I move Outlook items with same name to Z Drive without having to rename them? [​IMG]

Step 2 now do New folder on tab 3 and create Deleted Items on the server for the account

Step 3 move mouse to newly created folder for deleted items - your deleted items should now go into that folder after you restart Outlook. You might have to move the underlined mail etc first and then purge.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I move Outlook items with same name to Z Drive without having to rename them? - Similar Threads - move Outlook items

2. "can't open this item it might have been moved renamed or deleted"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "can't open this item it might have been moved renamed or deleted": I suddenly got this and half of the apps aren't working also logged me out of all of my accounts. I already did the basic troubleshooting and restarting but it didn't really fix all of them my wallpaper got removed or just turned black and whenever I try to change it in the...
  3. "can't open this item it might have been moved renamed or deleted"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "can't open this item it might have been moved renamed or deleted": I suddenly got this and half of the apps aren't working also logged me out of all of my accounts. I already did the basic troubleshooting and restarting but it didn't really fix all of them my wallpaper got removed or just turned black and whenever I try to change it in the...
  4. How to rename hard drive device name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rename hard drive device name: I have two hard drives with the exact same device name, both with bootable Windows versions on them, and I wish to rename them to make them distinguishable from each other when I view them from the BIOS or boot menu. Could someone please advise if this is possible, and if so,...
  5. How to rename hard drive device name

How to rename hard drive device name: I have two hard drives with the exact same device name, both with bootable Windows versions on them, and I wish to rename them to make them distinguishable from each other when I view them from the BIOS or boot menu. Could someone please advise if this is possible, and if so,...
  6. How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?: I've found some discussions on that dated 6-7 years ago. There were no reasonable solutions provided then. I guess it's time to re-open the discussion and maybe do something about it?So, my question is...How or rather when I'll be able to:1 Right-click an item in the Quick...
  7. How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?: I've found some discussions on that dated 6-7 years ago. There were no reasonable solutions provided then. I guess it's time to re-open the discussion and maybe do something about it?So, my question is...How or rather when I'll be able to:1 Right-click an item in the Quick...
  8. How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?

9. Move files from Outlook to C: Drive without having to rename

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move files from Outlook to C: Drive without having to rename: Windows 10. The 2 options when dragging and dropping a file with same name/subject line from Outlook to C: do not allow you to keep both files. What is the EASIEST WAY to do this? Renaming the email is not an ideal option. Is there a way to automatically rename files with...
  10. Outlook, How do I move an email to another outlook file and rename it

Outlook, How do I move an email to another outlook file and rename it: Good morning all I am involved in a court case where there are a huge abundance of emails to keep. I need to have different folders, all within outlook and need to move them from the inbox to these different folders and rename them (so as to find what I want easily) How...