Windows 10: How can i move these folders up and down?

Discus and support How can i move these folders up and down? in Cortana to solve the problem; I updated recently my Windows and noticed that i cant move folders in File Explorer any longer, i cant really explain what type of folders i mean so... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by POMihai, Jun 18, 2020.

1. POMihai Win User

How can i move these folders up and down?

I updated recently my Windows and noticed that i cant move folders in File Explorer any longer, i cant really explain what type of folders i mean so ill leave a screenshot
    How can i move these folders up and down? 283d7289-2c50-48df-a41d-4e9469427164?upload=true.png

:)

POMihai, Jun 18, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 18, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

1. How can i move these folders up and down? - Similar Threads - move folders down

2. How can I move a file back to "WindowsApps" folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I move a file back to "WindowsApps" folder?: I was trying to solve a problem, my NVIDIA Control Panel was not opening, it showed an error "The Parameter is Incorrect" and the directory of the NVIDIA program, which was on "C:\Program...
  3. How can I move a file back to "WindowsApps" folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I move a file back to "WindowsApps" folder?: I was trying to solve a problem, my NVIDIA Control Panel was not opening, it showed an error "The Parameter is Incorrect" and the directory of the NVIDIA program, which was on "C:\Program...
  4. How can I move a file back to "WindowsApps" folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I move individual files up or down within a folder windows 10

How do I move individual files up or down within a folder windows 10: How do I move individual files up or down within a folder windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-individual-files-up-or-down-within-a/960c3cd0-7138-4019-9e62-d633a1170165
  6. How do I move individual files up or down within a folder windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move individual files up or down within a folder windows 10: How do I move individual files up or down within a folder windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-individual-files-up-or-down-within-a/960c3cd0-7138-4019-9e62-d633a1170165
  7. How do I move individual files up or down within a folder windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can not move Desktop folder

Can not move Desktop folder: I'm trying to stop my OneDrive account to use iDrive. However, I can't move my Desktop folder now that I've unlinked OneDrive from the cloud.Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-move-desktop-folder/082f9566-460e-4ed0-9a22-66ecd0de74d2
  9. How can I give permission to move a protected folder to myself?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I give permission to move a protected folder to myself?: So I'm trying to move a folder from an external hard drive to my desktop, but when I try that, it says that I need permission from my own account, does anyone know how to fix this? 100042
  10. "move to folder" and "copy to folder" drop down menus

in Windows 10 Support
    "move to folder" and "copy to folder" drop down menus: Is there a way to specify the folders that are listed when one clicks on "copy to folder" or "move to folder" in the context menu? Many choices are displayed, but not necessarily the ones I want to access. 101597