Windows 10: How can I move windows from the C drive to another hard drive?

Discus and support How can I move windows from the C drive to another hard drive? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop has recently had multiple bsod, I didnt give it much attention until I decided to scan my hard drive and realized that the C has a physical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lonter911, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Lonter911 Win User

How can I move windows from the C drive to another hard drive?

My laptop has recently had multiple bsod, I didnt give it much attention until I decided to scan my hard drive and realized that the C has a physical bad sector, and to my luck I got a bsod and since then can't be on the laptop for more than 10 minutes without getting a bsodbtw the bsod error is mostly "critical process died" but it changes sometimes.

If anyone has any advice on how I can move windows from C to another drive it would be really helpful.

Thanks

:)

Lonter911, Mar 14, 2020
  2. little cat, Mar 14, 2020
  3. $immond$ Win User
    Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Mar 14, 2020
  4. How can I move windows from the C drive to another hard drive?

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

How can I move windows from the C drive to another hard drive?

1. How can I move windows from the C drive to another hard drive? - Similar Threads - move drive another

2. How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive from C:\ drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive from C:\ drive?: I have installed the windows 11 OS to a SSD drive having 100GB capacity. Its 70GB already filled up and the maximum space is taken by the Program Files, Program Files x86 and the Users folder.I already moved the C:\users\username\Downloads, Documents, Pictures, Music, 3D...
  3. Moving Windows to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows to another hard drive: i have my laptod with Windows 10 Pro 21H1 on Sata Drive 1TB. Now i have added an SSD 250GB Hard with it for faster processing. I want to move my complete OS to new SSD without loosing my softwares and file. What should i do. I will keep using the old drive as extension drive...
  4. Moving Windows to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Windows to another hard drive: i have my laptod with Windows 10 Pro 21H1 on Sata Drive 1TB. Now i have added an SSD 250GB Hard with it for faster processing. I want to move my complete OS to new SSD without loosing my softwares and file. What should i do. I will keep using the old drive as extension drive...
  5. Moving Windows to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive: 21H1 Built 19043.1110 I have a Dell Inspiron 3580 that comes with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB Toshiba hard drive. After trying to install a duel boot with Win 10 Pro and Linux I see in Disk Management that Windows (C:) is on the 1 TB drive. I can only boot into Win 10 and every...
  7. Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive: 21H1 Built 19043.1110 I have a Dell Inspiron 3580 that comes with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB Toshiba hard drive. After trying to install a duel boot with Win 10 Pro and Linux I see in Disk Management that Windows (C:) is on the 1 TB drive. I can only boot into Win 10 and every...
  8. Moving games from C Drive to another Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving games from C Drive to another Hard Drive: Hello, I am trying to free up space on my C Drive Where Windows 10 Home is installed. How do I move games installed on C Drive to another Hard Drive? I have 2 additional Hard Drives on my PC. How do I do this without buying a program to do it. I want a simple solution to...
  9. How to "move" an app from c:/ to another drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to "move" an app from c:/ to another drive?: I am trying to move an app to a different drive to free up space. I am an administrator. The "move" icon on the apps & features page is grayed out. What do I have to do to activate the move command?...
  10. How to move a program files folder from C drive to another drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move a program files folder from C drive to another drive: Hello Peepz My first post so hello to all. I have a windows 10 pc (x64) hence me joining the community ;-) I have a samsung 850 evo 250GB SSD ( C Drive ) & a Seagate FireCuda SSHD 1TB ( D drive ) I'm in a predicament where my kids play a lot of games on the PC, Fortnite being...