Windows 10: How can I open a cr2 with the "photos" app

Discus and support How can I open a cr2 with the "photos" app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I recently reinstalled my Windows 10 and now when I want to open a cr2 file, there is no "photos" under the "open with" option. When I open a jpg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zerfallsgesetz, Nov 30, 2019.

1. How can I open a cr2 with the "photos" app

Hi,

I recently reinstalled my Windows 10 and now when I want to open a cr2 file, there is no "photos" under the "open with" option.

When I open a jpg with the photos app and klick next, the cr2 image shows up with no problem. But I can't open the cr2 file directly, because there is no photos option available.

submitted by /u/Zerfallsgesetz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zerfallsgesetz, Nov 30, 2019

2. .CR2 raw files not opening

Hi,

We may open .cr2 files using the Photo file. We need additional information to help resolve your concern. Are you getting any error message when opening a .cr2 file format? If yes, we recommend setting a default program to open the file. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Apps.
    • Click Default apps.
    • Click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Locate .cr2, then select Photos as the default app.

How can I open a cr2 with the "photos" app 422ce918-8282-47eb-9d60-3d2b2c75bdad?upload=true.png

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Nov 30, 2019
  4. How can I open a cr2 with the "photos" app

windows 10 photo app not supporting cr2 files why?

Photos app doesn't support CR2 format, that's why you are not able to open.

You should install Irfanview which is World's most popular image viewer. This can open almost all image formats including CR2. But this requires a plugin to open CR2. This plugin can be downloaded from

download: plugins/canon_crw.zip

Download Link for Irfan View -
    https://www.irfanview.com/64bit.htm

Vijay_Verma, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

How can I open a cr2 with the "photos" app

1. How can I open a cr2 with the "photos" app - Similar Threads - open cr2 photos

2. How can I restore my photos app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore my photos app?: At some point whenever I tried to open it, an error message would pop up, eventually I deleted the app, but whenever I tried to reinstall it through the Microsoft store, that resulted in an error message as well. I tried to reinstall it via Microsoft PowerShell as one of the...
  3. How can I restore my photos app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restore my photos app?: At some point whenever I tried to open it, an error message would pop up, eventually I deleted the app, but whenever I tried to reinstall it through the Microsoft store, that resulted in an error message as well. I tried to reinstall it via Microsoft PowerShell as one of the...
  4. windows photos app - auto rotation cr2 raw photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows photos app - auto rotation cr2 raw photos: Why hasn't MS fixed this issue? If I shoot a photo vertically top to bottom, and view it in MS Photos, Win 11, it will AUTO ROTATE sideways. This has nothing to do with screen display or monitor angles. I've updated everything.I've installed RAW Image Ext and nothing works....
  5. windows photos app - auto rotation cr2 raw photos

windows photos app - auto rotation cr2 raw photos: Why hasn't MS fixed this issue? If I shoot a photo vertically top to bottom, and view it in MS Photos, Win 11, it will AUTO ROTATE sideways. This has nothing to do with screen display or monitor angles. I've updated everything.I've installed RAW Image Ext and nothing works....
  6. How can I open Maps app from Photos File info

How can I open Maps app from Photos File info: The photo app has a Location of where the picture was taken if it has the GPS info included the picture, It also has a link to Open Map at the bottom left and clicking on Open Map does nothing. I have looked at the settings for both Photo's and Maps app and found no setting's...
  7. can not open the PHOTO APP??

can not open the PHOTO APP??: can not open the PHOTO APP?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-the-photo-app/020c3682-1889-402b-b9f9-c00000bb5691
  8. How do I open the Photo App that includes photo editing?

How do I open the Photo App that includes photo editing?: How do I open the Photo App that includes editing? I know how to open Photos, but there is not any editing available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-the-photo-app-that-includes-photo/a9341ecf-badc-43bc-a314-a22a3ff4e7b3
  9. Windows 10 Photos app rotates vertical CR2 image files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Photos app rotates vertical CR2 image files: Alright so ive been researching this problem for days with not only no solutions being found, but I cant even find anyone with the same problem. Ill start from the beginning. step 1: transfer raw CR2 files from my camera onto my PC so I may go thru them. step 2: Open files...
  10. windows 10 photo app not supporting cr2 files why?

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 photo app not supporting cr2 files why?: why won't windows 10 show cr2 raw photos ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-app-not-supporting-cr2-files-why/b7a14adb-fbc3-415f-a8ce-9e65f59465de

Users found this page by searching for:

1. default app cr2

2. open cr2 file app