Windows 10: how can I open a file that was saved as a MS DOS application?

Discus and support how can I open a file that was saved as a MS DOS application? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; how can I open a file that was saved as a MS DOS application? We exported a log for from marketo and saved it as a pdf. It saved as an MS DOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Vandana Shah, Jan 30, 2023.

1. how can I open a file that was saved as a MS DOS application?

how can I open a file that was saved as a MS DOS application? We exported a log for from marketo and saved it as a pdf. It saved as an MS DOS Application and now we are unable to open the file. Please advise.

:)

Vandana Shah, Jan 30, 2023
  2. GiannaZK Win User

Images saved as MS-DOS Application.

Just happened to a couple of web-captured images.

Very strange - and I just read about somebody whose .txt file was saved as MS-DOS Application.

How do I open these?

Thank you.

GiannaZK, Jan 30, 2023
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    Saving/Opening files crashes applications

Let's further isolate your concern about the File Explorer. We'd like to gather additional information to resolve this issue. Please answer the following:

• Did you install any recent application before this happened?
    • Have you tried clearing the history of the File Explorer? To do this, open File Explorer
      > View > Options > Change Folder and search options
      > Privacy > Clear File Explorer History >
      Clear > OK.

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the netsh and winsock reset as an initial troubleshooting step to fix any network related issue that may be affecting your device. To do this, you may check these steps:

• Type cmd in the search box > right-click Command Prompt >
      Run as administrator.
    • Type netsh in the Command Prompt > press Enter.
    • Type winsock in the Command Prompt > hit Enter.

Let us know if the recommended solution works for you.

Joan Pin, Jan 30, 2023
  4. GiannaZK Win User

how can I open a file that was saved as a MS DOS application?

Images saved as MS-DOS Application.

I did that.

Btw, I took the screenshot, so it is definitely not malware.

it is listed - with 4 other web-captured images as MS-DOS Application.

I am familiar with the process, and I am familiar with many different file types, but I have never seen this before.
    I changed the association, which it really did not have. When I saved the image, it snapped the website where the image originated, and so was a DOT COM suffix.

Guess I will change it back.

When I attempted to open it, I got a Runtime Error.

Now what?

Thank you,

GiannaZK, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

how can I open a file that was saved as a MS DOS application?

1. how can I open a file that was saved as a MS DOS application? - Similar Threads - open file was

2. PDF File Saves to MS-DOS Application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF File Saves to MS-DOS Application: When I save a PDF file, it now shows as an MS-DOS Application. It will not allow me to open the file. I'm not sure what has happened as I've not made any changes to my Windows 10 operating system. How can this be resolved?...
  3. PDF File Saves to MS-DOS Application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF File Saves to MS-DOS Application: When I save a PDF file, it now shows as an MS-DOS Application. It will not allow me to open the file. I'm not sure what has happened as I've not made any changes to my Windows 10 operating system. How can this be resolved?...
  4. PDF File Saves to MS-DOS Application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how can I open a file that was saved as a MS DOS application?

how can I open a file that was saved as a MS DOS application?: how can I open a file that was saved as a MS DOS application? We exported a log for from marketo and saved it as a pdf. It saved as an MS DOS Application and now we are unable to open the file. Please advise....
  6. Some of my files are saved as MS Dos Application even though I saved them as notepad file....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my files are saved as MS Dos Application even though I saved them as notepad file....: As elaborated in the question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-my-files-are-saved-as-ms-dos-application/4cb8534d-6438-4d84-90a0-d5872cf9b4a6
  7. Some of my files are saved as MS Dos Application even though I saved them as notepad file....

Some of my files are saved as MS Dos Application even though I saved them as notepad file....: As elaborated in the question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-my-files-are-saved-as-ms-dos-application/4cb8534d-6438-4d84-90a0-d5872cf9b4a6
  8. Images saved as MS-DOS Application.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Images saved as MS-DOS Application.: Just happened to a couple of web-captured images.Very strange - and I just read about somebody whose .txt file was saved as MS-DOS Application.How do I open these?Thank you....
  9. Images saved as MS-DOS Application.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Images saved as MS-DOS Application.: Just happened to a couple of web-captured images.Very strange - and I just read about somebody whose .txt file was saved as MS-DOS Application.How do I open these?Thank you....
  10. Images saved as MS-DOS Application.