Windows 10: How can I "Open command prompt with administrator access"

Discus and support How can I "Open command prompt with administrator access" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 64 on an HP Envy Laptop - I've lost my User Profile as a default but found my files under Windows C: - and all access to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Amma904, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Amma904 Win User

How can I "Open command prompt with administrator access"

I'm running Windows 10 64 on an HP Envy Laptop - I've lost my User Profile as a default but found my files under Windows C: - and all access to applications as the Windows Logo Key, Windows Start Key and Cortana no longer work at all - clicking on any of these options does absolutely nothing. I was advised to run "Perform SFC Scan and Repair Windows Image" by "Open command prompt with administrator access" I'm hoping someone can walk me through this process with extremely specific instructions as I am only slightly computer literate. I'm hoping someone can guide me as to how to "Open Comm

:)

Amma904, Jul 25, 2021
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jul 25, 2021
  3. cwtech Win User

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Jul 25, 2021
  4. Caring1 Win User

Command prompt is only accessible from the Administrative Profile, this is to prevent general users from accessing and bypassing controls.
    One method is to remove the drive and connect it to another system.

Caring1, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

1. How can I "Open command prompt with administrator access" - Similar Threads - Open command prompt

2. How to Access Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Access Command Prompt?: I have Windows 10 and I can't find command prompt anywhere. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-command-prompt/3e20bcdf-cc50-4e2a-9b37-635c0cd70506
  3. Unable to open Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 10

Unable to open Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 10: Hello everyone I'm having a problem when I attempt to open my Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 10. I'm unable to enter my admin username and password. It saysTo continue, enter an admin user name and password, but then under that there are no entry prompts for the...
  4. Not being able to open PowerShell & Command Prompt as Administrative

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not being able to open PowerShell & Command Prompt as Administrative: Hi, I have the problem of not being able to open the PowerShell. Whenever I click on it, I just return to my desktop after 2 seconds and it never opens. Command prompt doesn't open as administrative and the same thing happens as in the PowerShell. It does open without...
  5. how can I access Snip & Sketch at the Run command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I access Snip & Sketch at the Run command prompt: At the run command prompt how can I get to the Snip & Sketch Application I know how to open a new snip but not how to open the very Snip & Sketch option...
  6. How do I open a Command Prompt as Administrator in one click?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I open a Command Prompt as Administrator in one click?: Hi. I think that I was able to do this before and now I can't. What I would like to do is twofold - 1) Have a desktop shortcut for the Command Prompt on the desktop to open as Administrator. 2) Be able to use Windows+X and have the capability to open a normal Command...
  7. Command Prompt Administrator

Command Prompt Administrator: I am the Administrator but at the Command Prompt access is denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-administrator/4e28f118-973a-4b2a-a82e-0942312494b0
  8. Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt?: I have read everything I can find on Error messages regarding looping of Preparing to Repair. I can not open my computer to Windows...it never loads. I started experiencing problems a while ago. Finally, I would be able to get on line, but only for about a minute before it...
  9. I can not open command prompt.

in Windows 10 Support
    I can not open command prompt.: I can not open command prompt. Every time I open it I got error message come up. *Sad The message is said [ The application is not start up right Press OK to close] [img] 25131
  10. Command Prompt as Administrator.

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt as Administrator.: How do I switch powershell in start menu to command prompt administrator. Henry. 87415