Windows 10: How can I open multiple files at once?

Discus and support How can I open multiple files at once? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For example, when two Word files are selected and type Enter key, two Words run. However, when a Word file and an Excel file are selected and type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by trueyamamoto, Jul 23, 2020.

1. How can I open multiple files at once?

For example, when two Word files are selected and type Enter key, two Words run. However, when a Word file and an Excel file are selected and type Enter key, nothing runs. In this case, I want both Word and Excel to run.
    Likewise, two shortcuts for different applications are not run at once while shortcuts for the same application can be run.

:)

trueyamamoto, Jul 23, 2020
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jul 30, 2020
  3. xypha Win User
    Open With on multiple files?

you can do this using a workaround by using "Send to" on the right click context menu in Windows File Explorer. Here's how

Step 1 - Add Chrome shortcut to SendTo folder so that chrome may appear in the send to menu.

SendTo folder:%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

This can be done in one of several ways. I will mention one of the easiest below.

• Right-drag the Google Chrome shortcut that was created on the Desktop when Chrome installed, or the Chrome shortcut in the Start menu, to the SendTo folder and select Copy.

Note: Right-click this shortcut, select Properties, and confirm that the Target field contains no command line options, just the path + file name for Chrome.

Step 2: Select the 16 JPGs, right click, go to "Send to" & select "Google Chrome".

That's it. All JPGs will open in Chrome, each in its own tab.

I use this with Firefox, but it should work with Chrome too.

How can I open multiple files at once? AOrAC.png

Troubleshoot #1

If Google Chrome doesn't appear in the "Send to" menu, try restarting Windows File Explorer from Task Manager.

Troubleshoot #2

If the JPGs open in multiple windows, you might want to consider installing an extension in Chrome to prevent this behaviour. I suggest One Window.

xypha, Jul 30, 2020
  4. MZ3692 Win User

How can I open multiple files at once?

How Can I Open...?

How can you open a .nfo file and what program do you use? Thanks.

MZ3692, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

How can I open multiple files at once?

1. How can I open multiple files at once? - Similar Threads - open multiple files

2. Is there a short cut to open multiple files' properties at once?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a short cut to open multiple files' properties at once?: Hey Y'all, I have a 250GB main drive and would usually use an external drive for space, but I broke my external drive on accident. As a result I often run out of room and delete a lot of bigger files. It's quite tedious to right-click on each file separately and click...
  3. Is there a short cut to open multiple files' properties at once?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a short cut to open multiple files' properties at once?: Hey Y'all, I have a 250GB main drive and would usually use an external drive for space, but I broke my external drive on accident. As a result I often run out of room and delete a lot of bigger files. It's quite tedious to right-click on each file separately and click...
  4. Is there a short cut to open multiple files' properties at once?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Rename multiple files at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rename multiple files at once: Greetings,I have the following situation:I need to rename a lot really a lot of files, that were named without using any standard. So, I am doing this manually, but it is taking too much time. So, I would like to know if there is any tool that I could use to help me on...
  6. Rename multiple files at once

Rename multiple files at once: Greetings,I have the following situation:I need to rename a lot really a lot of files, that were named without using any standard. So, I am doing this manually, but it is taking too much time. So, I would like to know if there is any tool that I could use to help me on...
  7. Rename multiple files at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Renaming multiple files at once.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming multiple files at once.: Hi Team,Is there a way to change the format in which multiple renaming is done?For example if i select 3 files and hit rename, currently it does them like this:"xx 1.yy""xx 2.yy""xx 3.yy"In my daily work it would help a lot if instead the renaming would be done like...
  9. File explorer not opening multiple files at once.

File explorer not opening multiple files at once.: For some reason, when I try to open 45 files at once, it does nothing. Somehow I was able to do this with over 100 files but I forgot how I managed to do that. They all have the same program and same file extension .mesh. It's supposed to open with a converter program....
  10. How can I search for Above 30 multiple files at once in win 10

in Cortana
    How can I search for Above 30 multiple files at once in win 10: I Can't find above 20 Files in window 10 but we can find above 20 files in window 7. Please give solution. Thanks & Regards Prince https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-search-for-above-30-multiple-files-at/d22d3ff5-9971-4278-9629-3dc7f10f4c06"