Windows 10: How can I open my saved Paint 3D projects?

Discus and support How can I open my saved Paint 3D projects? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Suddenly today, all my saved projects have disappeared from "OPEN" menu screen. How can I open my saved projects? I can open only their thumbnails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aw3#WA, Dec 3, 2018.

1. aw3#WA Win User

How can I open my saved Paint 3D projects?

Suddenly today, all my saved projects have disappeared from "OPEN" menu screen.
    How can I open my saved projects?

I can open only their thumbnails from %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MSPaint_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Projects.

Could someone please help me?
    Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

:)

aw3#WA, Dec 3, 2018

2. Paint 3D Projects not Appearing

Hi,

The location that you've provided is the default file storage for Paint 3D. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Have you tried browsing on the default file storage and open the project files in Open menu? If yes, what happens when opening the project files?
    • What do you mean about project.json does not point to any of the projects?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step and check if the project files are visible in the Open menu. You can also try browsing the project files in the Open menu after running the troubleshooter.
    For your reference, check this article on how to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Dec 3, 2018
  3. malexmc Win User
    Paint 3D Projects not Appearing

Hey Gerard,

Thanks for getting back to me. Here's where I'm at:

We suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step and check if the project files are visible in the Open menu. You can also try browsing the project files in the Open menu after
    running the troubleshooter.

I have ran the troubleshooter which completed a reset and opening of the windows store. It listed the issue of "Windows Store cache may be damaged" as being fixed. When I repoen and rerun the troubleshooter, it continues to find and "fix" the same issue
    each time shown in Figure 1.

How can I open my saved Paint 3D projects? 0973dc5e-04a6-4260-82d8-dbc07792be31?upload=true.png

Figure 1: Windows Store Troubleshooter

I have tried to open the files through the open dialog in Paint 3D. The problem that I am seeing is that Paint 3D projects don't seem to have a master file that Paint 3D itself can recognize. In each project there is at most a thumbnail
    and several .bin type files which cannot be opened from Paint 3D as in Figures 2 and 3

How can I open my saved Paint 3D projects? 4b93c72e-53e0-4b80-8678-5bbf943e542b?upload=true.png

Figure 2: Data files of one project that cannot be found

How can I open my saved Paint 3D projects? 668ffbaf-b218-464d-9773-46a71cc77bf7?upload=true.png
    Figure
    3: The same project directory from Figure 2, but from the Open dialog.

Sorry for being vague. After the data loss, I created two new projects,
    radda and radda2 to see if they would be identified in the open screen. They were, and this is the current projects.JSON file in the Paint 3D directory:

[{"Id":"{755cfc74-87ba-474b-9882-c221017bbbaa}","SourceId":"","Name":"Untitled","URI":"","DateTime":1.3162058946403906E+17,"Path":"Projects\\Untitled","SourceFilePath":"","Version":0.21,"IsRecovered":false,"IsPreviouslySaved":false},{"Id":"{d0ed6c56-dbe1-4136-88dc-9dd2496dd535}","SourceId":"","Name":"radda2","URI":"ms-appdata:///local/Projects/Untitled
    (39)/Thumbnail.png","DateTime":1.316189481089825E+17,"Path":"Projects\\Untitled (39)","SourceFilePath":"","Version":0.21,"IsRecovered":false,"IsPreviouslySaved":true},{"Id":"{1c0fc511-8370-4c2e-a882-a776daa73b6d}","SourceId":"","Name":"radda","URI":"ms-appdata:///local/Projects/Untitled
    (37)/Thumbnail.png","DateTime":1.3161894802891816E+17,"Path":"Projects\\Untitled (37)","SourceFilePath":"","Version":0.21,"IsRecovered":false,"IsPreviouslySaved":true}]

While it's kind of a mess in that form, you can see clear references to radda and radda2, while none of the other projects are referenced at all except for a project named "Untitled" which doesn't exist
    in the open screen. This is what I meant by projects.JSON not pointing to the old projects.

Thank you for taking the time to sort through this. Let me know if there is any more information I can offer.

-Alex

malexmc, Dec 3, 2018
  4. How can I open my saved Paint 3D projects?

3D Paint: Can't open saved projects

Tonight I spent several hours making a project in paint 3D as a friends birthday gift. I saved it several times along the way and after taking a single screenshot I closed it, planning to finish it later. Minutes later, I opened it again
    to take more pictures and in about 30 seconds I recieved the error "Can't open that file: Something went wrong." I can see the preview for the files but none actually open. I've researched online but I can't find any real answers. I tested several files and
    even a flat single color image cannot be opened. I really hope I can open the file at least one more time so i can give the gift to my friend.

Important Info:

• The issue occurred tonight (8/30/2017)
    • I cannot open even the simplest paint 3d file.
    • I ran the troubleshooter for Windows
      apps
    • I tried to save the files located in appdata (so that I could reinstall) but am unable.
    Thank you so much in advance.

MerryMidlight, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

How can I open my saved Paint 3D projects?

1. How can I open my saved Paint 3D projects? - Similar Threads - open saved Paint

2. How can I backup my Paint 3D projects?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I backup my Paint 3D projects?: I can't seem to access the local files for my paint 3D projects. I have over 20 projects for my business and I cannot afford the risk of losing them. How do I backup my projects so that I can access them from a different computer and continue my work on them? Help much...
  3. Do you guys know how I can backup my Paint 3D projects?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do you guys know how I can backup my Paint 3D projects?: It seems there is no way to backup the actual project file and it's stressing me out since I have a ton of 3d models I've made for my business. I'm worried incase my PC messes up and I've lost all my work. Help appreciated thanks. submitted by /u/eels_no1 [link]...
  4. Paint 3D deleted all my projects!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Paint 3D deleted all my projects!: I opened Paint 3D today for a project, but when I went into the Open section, all my projects were gone. I saved every single one of them as Paint 3D projects so I could work on them because I needed them for schoolwork, but now the Open section is empty. How do I get my...
  5. Paint 3D Projects keep crashing

Paint 3D Projects keep crashing: I have been a long user of Paint 3D and I am becoming increasingly frustrated with spending hours making beautiful 3D models to have them simply disappear or become some "error" that is unfixable. There is no logical pattern to it. Sometimes it works fine, saves, and I am...
  6. transferring paint 3d project files

transferring paint 3d project files: How do I transfer paint 3d project files to another computer runnig paint 3d? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-paint-3d-project-files/9035ee8e-1214-4d18-a2be-58911f118587
  7. How can I save custom stickers on Paint 3D?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I save custom stickers on Paint 3D?: Is it possible to save these stickers to re-use them on new projects? Thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-save-custom-stickers-on-paint-3d/b6ff7b90-9998-4e65-99ff-b05afb9eadb8
  8. Paint 3d projects deleted

Paint 3d projects deleted: Paint 3d was not responding, so i did a reset. It said no files would be deleted, but they all were. I still have files i saved as glb files, but 2d projects are gone. A system restore did not help. Nor did a recover search for the Ms Paint app data bin files. Are my projects...
  9. Saving a sticker in paint 3D

Saving a sticker in paint 3D: The only way I seem to be able to get the background to be transparent, is by making my picture into a sticker. I want to be able to use this as a cover for an electronical story I am writing on Episode Interactive so I want to put my sticker on the background I have created...
  10. How to resize and save in 3D Paint

How to resize and save in 3D Paint: I'm trying my best to resize (no problem here) and save the resized (enlarged) picture but cannot. The Save As does zero when I click on that and when I click Save, I get the thrilling, heartburn causing message "something went wrong." Probably the question is too general...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MSPaint_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Projects

2. where are paint 3d projects saved

3. saved paint

4. where are paint 3d projects stored,
  5. my saved pant,
  6. where is paint 3d saved projects,
  7. WHERE ARE MY PAINT 3D PROJECTS SAVED,
  8. Paint 3d files saved,
  9. where do paint 3d projects save,
  10. Where is paint 3D project filed?,
  11. where does paint 3d save files,
  12. how to open saved projects in paint 3d,
  13. where are 3d paint files saved,