Windows 10: How can I password protect Microsoft Solitaire?

Discus and support How can I password protect Microsoft Solitaire? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; ONLY Microsoft Solitaire. NOT all my apps. NOT my entire computer. NOT my folders. There seems to be no information on how to do this one simple... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Elgarresta, Apr 11, 2019.

1. How can I password protect Microsoft Solitaire?

ONLY Microsoft Solitaire. NOT all my apps. NOT my entire computer. NOT my folders.

There seems to be no information on how to do this one simple task. Right clicking on the app doesn't even have an option to "view in folder." The only option to keep people from spending too much time on this app right now is to delete it which is effective, but kind of like setting fire to the house to warm up the soup.

I have a Dell XPS 18 running Windows 10 Home.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Elgarresta, Apr 11, 2019

2. Microsoft Solitaire is not working

Hi,

I need more information about your concern. Is there any error message/code after Microsoft Solitaire fails to launch? Since the steps you have tried did not work, I suggest that you reinstall it instead. Follow the steps below:

• Open Windows PowerShell as an administrator. (Type PowerShell in Start menu search box, right-click and select Run as administrator)
    • Type the following command and press Enter "Get-AppxPackage *solitairecollection* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    • You can close the PowerShell window and restart your device.
    • Open Store app and search for Microsoft Solitaire Collection and download the game.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Microsoft Solitaire events crashed

Thank you for the information. It turns out that the twinapi.appcore.dll files are corrupted, that's why you're getting the said error message. We suggest that you uninstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection on your computer, and then perform
    the following steps:

• Press Windows key + R to open Run.
    • Type WSReset.exe and hit Enter.
    • Open Windows Store and install Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Once done, kindly check if the game works for you.

We'll keep an eye on your update.

Ariel Acu, Apr 11, 2019
  4. LinOly Win User

How can I password protect Microsoft Solitaire?

Microsoft Solitaire events crashed

Carlo--

The following worked for me:

Hi ,

Ariel Acu has replied to the question Microsoft Solitaire events crashed that you are following in
    Microsoft Community.

Thank you for the information. It turns out that the
    twinapi.appcore.dll files are corrupted, that's why you're getting the said error message. We suggest that you uninstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection on your computer, and then perform the following steps:

• Press Windows key + R to open Run.
    • Type WSReset.exe and hit
      Enter
    • Open Windows Store and install Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
    Once done, kindly check if the game works for you.

We'll keep an eye on your update.

Good luck!

LinOly, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

How can I password protect Microsoft Solitaire?

1. How can I password protect Microsoft Solitaire? - Similar Threads - password protect Microsoft

2. How can I password protect folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I password protect folders?: How can someone who has a personal laptop or tablet e.g. Surface Go with Windows 11 S password protect or encrypt folders? Is Bitlocker something that can be purchased for individuals? Are there any particular applications or alternatives Microsoft recommends for individuals...
  3. How can I password protect folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I password protect folders?: How can someone who has a personal laptop or tablet e.g. Surface Go with Windows 11 S password protect or encrypt folders? Is Bitlocker something that can be purchased for individuals? Are there any particular applications or alternatives Microsoft recommends for individuals...
  4. can I delete microsoft password protected files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can I delete microsoft password protected files: I did a scan with BitDefender and it found over 80 password protected files. For example: \\?\Volume{5dfa899c-fb0c-4783-9718-f8a366c8a027}\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD.LOG. Can I delete these files or will it hurt my system? Not all of the 80 were Microsoft files....
  5. can I delete microsoft password protected files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I delete microsoft password protected files: I did a scan with BitDefender and it found over 80 password protected files. For example: \\?\Volume{5dfa899c-fb0c-4783-9718-f8a366c8a027}\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD.LOG. Can I delete these files or will it hurt my system? Not all of the 80 were Microsoft files....
  6. can I delete microsoft password protected files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. how can i password protect/encrypt a folder?

how can i password protect/encrypt a folder?: i want to encrypt/ password protect a folder, but when i try to turn on encryption for the folder the area is greyed out, i downloaded winrar and 7zip but when i try to password protect or encrypt the folder it says folder not found, i edited the registry, i used encryption0...
  8. How can I password protect my laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I password protect my laptop?: How can I password protect my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-password-protect-my-laptop/0ace8e18-643e-4b4d-b58f-225c6f045d97
  9. Password to Access Microsoft Solitaire

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password to Access Microsoft Solitaire: I've been playing Microsoft Solitaire Klondike for years without having to provide a password. Today, it wants me to enter my password to access the game. Is this something new that Microsoft has added?...
  10. How I can protect a folder with password?

How I can protect a folder with password?: I need your support; how i can create a password to protect my folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-protect-a-folder-with-password/9cc8f781-f069-4737-866a-972f39aa7f45"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HOW DO YOU PASSWORD LOCK SOLITAIRE