Windows 10: How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

Discus and support How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In January I udpated my Samsung Galaxy Book S to Windows 11. Everything worked great but it caused a detection problem with one of the two USB-C port.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Labrador7, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Labrador7 Win User

How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

In January I udpated my Samsung Galaxy Book S to Windows 11. Everything worked great but it caused a detection problem with one of the two USB-C port. I contacted Samsung support and they advised to do a system reset. Unfortunately, I performed a system reset in Windows 11 without first creating an image to attempt to resolve the USB-C driver issue and it did not resolve the problem. I eventually figured out a fix but the system reset resulted in some loss: a Qualcomm power plan that came with the Samsung Galaxy Book S disappeared. This was a Samsung-specific power plan that came with the la

:)

Labrador7, Feb 22, 2024
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Unable to perform a system reset

Hi,

A factory reset is a way to restore a device to its original system state. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Have you tried backing up your important files and check if you can perform factory reset?
    • Why do you want to perform a factory reset in your laptop?

Meanwhile, you can also follow the steps provided in this article:
    Recovery options in Windows 10.
    It will let you restore from a system restore point or go back to the previous version of Windows.

Keeps us posted if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 22, 2024
  3. Bree Win User
    windows reinstallation question

Typically a system supplied with an OEM pre-installed Windows 10 does not have a separate restore image. Restoring to factory conditions is done by resetting Windows, the OEM apps and drivers being installed from a 'provisioning package'. Microsoft introduced this in Windows 10 to save OEM from having to use many GB of the hard drive for a restore image.

Reset Windows 10

You can also make a 'factory reset' USB on such a machine by making a Recovery Drive that includes system files, the provisioning package will be one of those system files.

Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10

4. How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

How to perform Reset on Windows 10 to restore factory settings?

Hi Vikram,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are trying to perform reset on your PC by selecting remove everything option, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know what is the exact issue you are facing in accessing Windows 10?

I would like to inform that, if you want to reset your device back to Windows 8.1, you will have to perform reset to factory settings. (Provided that the system came pre-installed with Windows 8.1)

If you perform Reset on your PC by selecting Remove everything, this will perform clean installation of Windows 10 and not Windows 8.1.

I suggest you to perform reset on your device by selecting Factory reset option to rollback to pre-installed Windows Operating System.

It is recommend you to create an external backup of all your data, as restoring to factory settings will:

• Reinstalls the version of Windows that your PC came with (either Windows 8 or
      Windows 8.1) and removes your personal files.
    • Removes apps and drivers you installed.
    • Removes changes you made to settings.
    • Reinstalls any apps your PC manufacturer installed on your PC.

For more information refer: Recovery options in Windows 10

Section: Reset your PC

Option: Restore factory settings

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

1. How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps - Similar Threads - Perform System Reset

2. How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps: In January I udpated my Samsung Galaxy Book S to Windows 11. Everything worked great but it caused a detection problem with one of the two USB-C port. I contacted Samsung support and they advised to do a system reset. Unfortunately, I performed a system reset in Windows 11...
  3. How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps: In January I udpated my Samsung Galaxy Book S to Windows 11. Everything worked great but it caused a detection problem with one of the two USB-C port. I contacted Samsung support and they advised to do a system reset. Unfortunately, I performed a system reset in Windows 11...
  4. How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

7. Can't install Updates, Drivers or perform Factory Reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Updates, Drivers or perform Factory Reset.: Hello everyone, as the title says I can't seem to install any update from windows, i can't install any driver manually and it doesn't let me reset the computer altogether, saying that it ran into an error and no changes were applied. I uninstalled the AMD Integrated Graphics...
  8. Can't install Updates, Drivers or perform Factory Reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Updates, Drivers or perform Factory Reset.: Hello everyone, as the title says I can't seem to install any update from windows, i can't install any driver manually and it doesn't let me reset the computer altogether, saying that it ran into an error and no changes were applied. I uninstalled the AMD Integrated Graphics...
  9. Will a factory reset keep all factory software/apps?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will a factory reset keep all factory software/apps?: I'm planning to factory reset my laptop. The apps that came with Windows when I bought the laptop were all important. So, if I factory reset my laptop, will it keep the factory software and apps that came with my laptop or will it wipe all of them?...
  10. Factory Reset/Performance

Factory Reset/Performance: I've had this laptop for about 3 years, so it has started to lag pretty badly, and I figured that this was happening because it has less than 2 GB of space and it can't update, and I can't free up any more space or at least, figure out how to. So, I tried to factory reset it,...