Windows 10: how can I permanently delete keyboard layouts?

Discus and support how can I permanently delete keyboard layouts? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I do know how to remove a keyboard layout through settings/language. However, as you see in the first screenshot, Windows thinks there are a bunch of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bearpecs, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Bearpecs Win User

how can I permanently delete keyboard layouts?

I do know how to remove a keyboard layout through settings/language.

However, as you see in the first screenshot, Windows thinks there are a bunch of potential keyboard layouts.

I have installed and then removed each of these phantom keyboards.

In the second screenshot, you see that after being installed, the keyboard is not actually available.

I have deleted all files with the name "myhebr07" and removed the driver in Control Panel/ Programs.

I have removed Hebrew as a language and then reinstalled it.

I rebooted after each attempt to fix.

Can someone tell me how to dispose of these phantoms?

how can I permanently delete keyboard layouts? 986eb238-60bd-48ea-84f0-0cab09fedb24?upload=true.jpg how can I permanently delete keyboard layouts? 3eba01aa-76e8-4b1d-aaf6-167f931bd96c?upload=true.jpg

:)

Bearpecs, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 29, 2019
  4. how can I permanently delete keyboard layouts?

Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

how can I permanently delete keyboard layouts?

1. how can I permanently delete keyboard layouts? - Similar Threads - permanently delete keyboard

2. how can i change keyboard layout in WinPE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change keyboard layout in WinPE: i have my PC in arabic, i'm trying to use it the Command Prompt tool in the Recovery Mode, but my keyboard layout is in arabic which makes it impossible to use the cmdis there any way to change it?...
  3. how can i change keyboard layout in WinPE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i change keyboard layout in WinPE: i have my PC in arabic, i'm trying to use it the Command Prompt tool in the Recovery Mode, but my keyboard layout is in arabic which makes it impossible to use the cmdis there any way to change it?...
  4. Deleted Keyboard Layout in Registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Keyboard Layout in Registry: Hello, I was having some issues with my keyboard Corsair K100 Window key not working. I spent hours on google trying to figure out what was wrong. When I pressed the Windows key to open the start menu it wouldn't function. I followed all of the steps that I found online and...
  5. How to delete a keyboard layout?

How to delete a keyboard layout?: Currently, I have 2 languages at my machine: english and russian. For each language I have one keyboard layout that I want to use, but no matter what I do I still have 2 layouts for each language which I just can't delete. It's so frustrating that I just can't comprehend it...
  6. How can I delete a custom keyboard layout from my COMPUTER

How can I delete a custom keyboard layout from my COMPUTER: So I create my own custom keyboard layout but every time I want to change something I need to create a new keyboard layout so I have multiple keyboard layouts with the same description because apparently the descriptions of every keyboard layout have a capacity of 16 letters,...
  7. I can't delete keyboard layouts!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't delete keyboard layouts!: Hello, I have a custom layout but I have a problem... My problem is that there are two keyboard layouts on windows that will not go away... I've tried everything (even the registry edit method) It's a pain because of my particular layout... See the images attached here......
  8. how can i change the name of the keyboard layout? I am making a custom keyboard layout and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how can i change the name of the keyboard layout? I am making a custom keyboard layout and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fishey-MusicNGaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k9hqdy/how_can_i_change_the_name_of_the_keyboard_layout/
  9. How to delete or remove keyboard layout?

How to delete or remove keyboard layout?: I wanna remove Bangla (India) keyboard layout from language preference, How to do that??[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-or-remove-keyboard-layout/677deeb0-50bd-43bf-b201-bc69e17b920c
  10. How to delete a keyboard layout in Windows 10

How to delete a keyboard layout in Windows 10: I installed Windows 10 on a physically German keyboard, then installed an English keyboard How do I remove the German keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-a-keyboard-layout-in-windows-10/221b3ebd-8bde-4649-a2e7-389d06f09f6f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to permanently remove a keyboard