Windows 10: How can I permanently disable adaptive brighness?

Discus and support How can I permanently disable adaptive brighness? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a HP laptop - it works just fine on its own, but when I connect it to an external screen it automatically dims down the screen brightness... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by eriwet, Dec 31, 2020.

1. eriwet Win User

How can I permanently disable adaptive brighness?

I have a HP laptop - it works just fine on its own, but when I connect it to an external screen it automatically dims down the screen brightness whenever I look at anything dark (like when editing photos in Capture One or using Premiere etc).

This is hugely annoying!

I've tried all the options in this tutorial Enable or Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10 (except option 2 since the adaptive brightness option is missing in advanced power settings) but nothing helps. [

It doesn't matter if I am plugged in or on battery.

The screen I use does not have any adaptive brightness feature built in (as far as I know) so I suppose the problem is with Windows 10

I'm currently running Windows 10 Business version 20H2, OS build 19042.685

:)

eriwet, Dec 31, 2020

2. How to permanently disable ms virtual wifi adapter

Hi,

You may permanently disable the Virtual Network Adapter and Virtual Wifi Adapter by deleting it completely from the Network and Sharing Center.

To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Network and Internet.
    • On the left-side, click Change adapter settings.
    • Right click on the name of the adapter, then choose Delete.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Adaptive Brightness will not stay disabled permanently

Stop Adaptive Brightness the way you are doing now - be sure to OK and Save Changes all the way out.

Start - type in --> Services msc

find at top and click on it

scroll down to "Sensor Monitoring Service"

Set to Disabled and Stop

That should permanently stop it.

SpiritX MS MVP, Dec 31, 2020
  4. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

How can I permanently disable adaptive brighness? [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I permanently disable adaptive brighness? - Similar Threads - permanently disable adaptive

2. How to permanently disable built-in WiFi adapter in Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to permanently disable built-in WiFi adapter in Windows 10 Home?: I have an ageing laptop with a built-in Broadcom Wi-Fi adaptor. This adapter doesn't have the network speed that I require. I have purchased a USB Wi-Fi "dongle". This works very well, but despite all my efforts, I am unable to permanently disable the built-in...
  3. How to permanently disable built-in WiFi adapter in Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently disable built-in WiFi adapter in Windows 10 Home?: I have an ageing laptop with a built-in Broadcom Wi-Fi adaptor. This adapter doesn't have the network speed that I require. I have purchased a USB Wi-Fi "dongle". This works very well, but despite all my efforts, I am unable to permanently disable the built-in...
  4. WiFi adapters permanently disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi adapters permanently disabled: Not often flummoxed with a MS Windows problem but anybody got any ‘outside of the box’ solutions. FYI Im on a Dell G7 recently upgrading from 10 to 11 via auto windows update.Both my ethernet and wifi adapters are disabled and when I enable they connect [but with sub msg ‘no...
  5. WiFi adapters permanently disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi adapters permanently disabled: Not often flummoxed with a MS Windows problem but anybody got any ‘outside of the box’ solutions. FYI Im on a Dell G7 recently upgrading from 10 to 11 via auto windows update.Both my ethernet and wifi adapters are disabled and when I enable they connect [but with sub msg ‘no...
  6. How can I "permanently" disable Windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I "permanently" disable Windows Defender?: Hey friends! I have been trying to disable Windows Defender for 2 days but none of the casual methods on internet works. It just keeps opening up, drives me crazy. I want to close it just because I should be able to do it. What happened to Microsoft? Things were not like that...
  7. How can I "permanently" disable Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I "permanently" disable Windows Defender?: Hey friends! I have been trying to disable Windows Defender for 2 days but none of the casual methods on internet works. It just keeps opening up, drives me crazy. I want to close it just because I should be able to do it. What happened to Microsoft? Things were not like that...
  8. Can I permanently disable the media overlay?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I permanently disable the media overlay?: Hi, I've looked around this forum and the internet for months on and off and never found an adequate solution. Sometimes I accidentally tap the volume control on my keyboard and it's such a terror inducing prospect that I've even attempted to reassign the keys to something...
  9. How can I permanently disable adaptive brighness?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I permanently disable adaptive brighness?: I have a HP laptop - it works just fine on its own, but when I connect it to an external screen it automatically dims down the screen brightness whenever I look at anything dark (like when editing photos in Capture One or using Premiere etc). This is hugely annoying! I've...
  10. how can I permanently disable airplane mode?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can I permanently disable airplane mode?: airplane mode keeps turning on itself and disconnecting me from the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-can-i-permanently-disable-airplane-mode/08e611d8-3682-48b9-8a28-eac3612b621b