Windows 10: How can I permanently turn off Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry?

Discus and support How can I permanently turn off Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I have a laptop with Windows 10 Pro and want to permanently turn off Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry because it consumes a lot of resources. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pablo Messina, Apr 7, 2019.

1. How can I permanently turn off Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry?

Hi. I have a laptop with Windows 10 Pro and want to permanently turn off Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry because it consumes a lot of resources. I already tried disabling 3 tasks from the Task Scheduler: Application Experience, Autochk and Customer Experience Improvement Program (check out the screenshot below). However, after a while somehow those tasks re-enable themselves out of nowhere, and Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry starts running again against my will. I have even gotten to the point of explicitly deleting those tasks from the Task Scheduler. However, after a while, maybe a couple days, I unexpectedly hear my laptop's fan running full speed, I open the Task Manager to check out what's going and voila! Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is running again with very high disk and cpu usage. I scratch my head and open the Task Scheduler to see if the tasks are still deleted and .. guess what, they re-installed themselves again. This pattern has repeated dozens of times. Does anybody know how to permanently disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry, once and for all?

How can I permanently turn off Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry? f2bf5108-470f-4bde-91d6-44fb050b5ad9?upload=true.jpg

:)

Pablo Messina, Apr 7, 2019

2. Permanently Disabling Windows Compatibility Telemetry

Hello,

In Task Manager, I often see the Windows Compatibility Telemetry process running in the background and unnecessarily creating CPU usage. Can you explain how to permanently turn off the telemetry?

vlad978123., Apr 7, 2019
  3. Microsoft compatibility telemetry

I have tried to turn it off - to no avail. The closest thing I can equate
    Microsoft compatibility telemetry
    to is spyware. The only thing I can suggest to you is to keep your
    Task Manager open at all times, and if you see your disk start to spike, go to the
    Task Manager and shut it down. I followed all the instructions on how to stop or remove
    Microsoft compatibility telemetry and nothing worked. This the
    real price you pay for the free upgrade to Win10.

To Microsoft: show some common decency, or at least some balls and help people solve this. Otherwise you are starting to smell like some third-rate organization run out of Mumbai.

MichaelCorbridge, Apr 7, 2019
  4. How can I permanently turn off Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry?

Microsoft compatibility telemetry

Microsoft compatibility telemetry 100% disk usage slowing my PC even when it is set at security. How to disable it permanently?

Shashank1997, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

How can I permanently turn off Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry?

1. How can I permanently turn off Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry? - Similar Threads - permanently turn off

2. Permanently Disable or Delete Windows Compatibility Telemetry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently Disable or Delete Windows Compatibility Telemetry: I disabled "microsoft compatible telemetry" a while ago. Today as my computer text input was lagging, I opened up Task Manager to see "microsoft compatible telemetry" running and using large percentage of CPU.I confirmed that it was disabled and gave the last run time as...
  3. Permanently Disable or Delete Windows Compatibility Telemetry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently Disable or Delete Windows Compatibility Telemetry: I disabled "microsoft compatible telemetry" a while ago. Today as my computer text input was lagging, I opened up Task Manager to see "microsoft compatible telemetry" running and using large percentage of CPU.I confirmed that it was disabled and gave the last run time as...
  4. Permanently Disable or Delete Windows Compatibility Telemetry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry: I followed this instructions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-disabling-windows-compatibility/6bf71583-81b0-4a74-ae2e-8fd73305aad1 Microsoft Compatibility telemetry still triggers itselfI want it to permanently delete it from the computer....
  6. Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry: I followed this instructions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-disabling-windows-compatibility/6bf71583-81b0-4a74-ae2e-8fd73305aad1 Microsoft Compatibility telemetry still triggers itselfI want it to permanently delete it from the computer....
  7. Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How to permanently turn off Microsoft Defender AntiVirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to permanently turn off Microsoft Defender AntiVirus: I am on a Windows 10 laptop and I want to either disable windows firewall completely or let all files from origin be able to download. I have used most methods online to disable/turn off and within 2 seconds it turns itself back on. Every time I try to download my games it...
  9. How do I turn off Microsoft defender permanently?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off Microsoft defender permanently?: Not to be rude, but Microsoft defender is super obnoxious in turning real-time protection back on after I turn it off. My problem with this is that I often like using automation in my daily life with certain programs that windows defender seems to not like very much at all....
  10. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry AppCrash

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry AppCrash: I guess this is not a new question and apologise in advance if I am repeating it but I failed to unearth anything helpful through Search: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 one month ago. Reliability Monitor, which I run every day, has advised me three times since May 22nd...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turning off telemetry windows 10