Windows 10: How can I pin a peripheral to the Start Menu on Windows 10?

Discus and support How can I pin a peripheral to the Start Menu on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can access my HPS PSC 750 through: Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Devices and Printers > HP PSC 750 I can't find a way to pin this to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrankyMacky, Mar 28, 2021.

1. How can I pin a peripheral to the Start Menu on Windows 10?

I can access my HPS PSC 750 through:

Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Devices and Printers > HP PSC 750

I can't find a way to pin this to the Start Menu the same place where users log out or shut down. There is no pin-to-start in the context menu.

I can ctrl-drag it to the desktop, but I can't ctrl-drag it to the Start Menu.

None of the suggestions at the following page help: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-winpc/how-can-i-add-shortcuts-to-the-windows-10-start/cd53f04c-ea86-4565-b502-d17bc00fb1b8

I even copied the shortcut from the desktop to folder C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, but still no pin-to-start in the context menu.

I have limited success after the last step above by clicking Start, panning down to the HP PSC 750 icon, right-clicking, and choosing Pin-to-start. It creates a tile on the right side of the start menu. But I really want it small and unobtrusive, to the left, where users sign out, hibernate, sleep, or shutdown.

:)

FrankyMacky, Mar 28, 2021
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Mar 28, 2021
  3. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Jetster Win User

How can I pin a peripheral to the Start Menu on Windows 10?

Jetster, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

How can I pin a peripheral to the Start Menu on Windows 10?

1. How can I pin a peripheral to the Start Menu on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - pin peripheral Start

2. How can I pin a shortcut to a URL to the start menu in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I pin a shortcut to a URL to the start menu in Windows 10?: Specifically desktop shortcuts made by a game launcher that link back to the launcher rather than to any .exe in the install. Particularly for expansion packs, and other dlc that have no specific .exe and therefore can only be launched from the game launchers url link...
  3. How can I pin a shortcut to a URL to the start menu in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I pin a shortcut to a URL to the start menu in Windows 10?: Specifically desktop shortcuts made by a game launcher that link back to the launcher rather than to any .exe in the install. Particularly for expansion packs, and other dlc that have no specific .exe and therefore can only be launched from the game launchers url link...
  4. How can I pin a shortcut to a URL to the start menu in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pinning to start menu windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pinning to start menu windows 10: I have never had any problems pinning a web page to start menu before but obviously there have been some changes. I consulted several sites on the internet and they all say to click on the 3 dots in the top right corner and select pin to start from the drop down menu. It is...
  6. How to pin windows update to start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to pin windows update to start menu?: Hi Windows10! When I was setting up my laptop a few years ago, I pinned my windows update to the start menu (see the screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/XW9HEJE). I was just installing Windows on a new computer and I can't figure out how to do it... Can you please help?...
  7. How to pin calendar to start menu

How to pin calendar to start menu: I want to pin calendar to the Start Menu. I use Office 2019 on my Windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pin-calendar-to-start-menu/4b5397ed-9095-4a0e-b9cf-db7fbcdaf4f5
  8. How many notebooks I can pin into my Start menu?

How many notebooks I can pin into my Start menu?: I was able to pin 4 notebooks from OneNote onto my Start Menu. There's one more notebook I want to pin, but it replaces one of the notebooks that are already on the menu. Does anyone know if Start Menu has limitations on how many notebooks or apps I can apply? Or is this a...
  9. What can you pin to start menu?

What can you pin to start menu?: So what exactly can be pinned to start menu in Win10? Applications, obviously, Folders, Settings from modern Settings App, Settings from Control Panel, Websites, through Edge menu, Websites, by creating "application view" in IE11, OneNote notes and notebooks through modern...
  10. How to pin app in start menu ??

How to pin app in start menu ??: How to pin app in start menu ? ? I mean I dont want to pin app in start. I want to pin app in start menu like windows 7. Is it possible ? ? I search in setting but i cant fnd any option. Is thr any 3rd party software to do this ? ? 82320