Windows 10: How can I pin a shortcut to a URL to the start menu in Windows 10?

Discus and support How can I pin a shortcut to a URL to the start menu in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Specifically desktop shortcuts made by a game launcher that link back to the launcher rather than to any .exe in the install. Particularly for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Keelbreaker_V, Nov 22, 2022.

1. How can I pin a shortcut to a URL to the start menu in Windows 10?

Specifically desktop shortcuts made by a game launcher that link back to the launcher rather than to any .exe in the install. Particularly for expansion packs, and other dlc that have no specific .exe and therefore can only be launched from the game launchers url link shortcuts.Right clicking does not give the usual options including pin to start.

:)

Keelbreaker_V, Nov 22, 2022
  2. MDD0799 Win User

How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Sergiy Shklyar - You are a genius. This is the solution for pinning a non-executable to the Start Menu. Many thanks.

MDD0799, Nov 22, 2022
  3. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

At first, you can create a shortcut in your Programs folder
    (in a hidden folder C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs). The shortcut appears in
    All apps list. Then you can pin it to Start menu / Taskbar as Mayank Gupta10 suggested.

The common way is to create a shortcut on the Desktop.
    But the more elegant way is creating Custom toolbars.

Sergiy Shklyar, Nov 22, 2022
  4. How can I pin a shortcut to a URL to the start menu in Windows 10?

How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-Start-menu

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Nov 22, 2022
Thema:

How can I pin a shortcut to a URL to the start menu in Windows 10?

1. How can I pin a shortcut to a URL to the start menu in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - pin shortcut URL

2. Pinning a shortcut to the Start menu - Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning a shortcut to the Start menu - Strange Behavior: Windows 11 with all current updatesI created a shortcut on the desktop that runs a Cygwin-X server. The shortcut target is: C:\cygwin64\bin\run.exe --quote /usr/bin/xlaunch.exe -run /home/jim/.xlaunch/jhg.xlaunchDouble-clicking this shortcut has the intended effect, starting...
  3. Pinning a shortcut to the Start menu - Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning a shortcut to the Start menu - Strange Behavior: Windows 11 with all current updatesI created a shortcut on the desktop that runs a Cygwin-X server. The shortcut target is: C:\cygwin64\bin\run.exe --quote /usr/bin/xlaunch.exe -run /home/jim/.xlaunch/jhg.xlaunchDouble-clicking this shortcut has the intended effect, starting...
  4. How can I pin a shortcut to a URL to the start menu in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I pin a shortcut to a URL to the start menu in Windows 10?: Specifically desktop shortcuts made by a game launcher that link back to the launcher rather than to any .exe in the install. Particularly for expansion packs, and other dlc that have no specific .exe and therefore can only be launched from the game launchers url link...
  5. How can I pin a shortcut to a URL to the start menu in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I pin a shortcut to a URL to the start menu in Windows 10?: Specifically desktop shortcuts made by a game launcher that link back to the launcher rather than to any .exe in the install. Particularly for expansion packs, and other dlc that have no specific .exe and therefore can only be launched from the game launchers url link...
  6. How can I pin a peripheral to the Start Menu on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I pin a peripheral to the Start Menu on Windows 10?: I can access my HPS PSC 750 through: Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Devices and Printers > HP PSC 750 I can't find a way to pin this to the Start Menu the same place where users log out or shut down. There is no pin-to-start in the context menu. I can ctrl-drag...
  7. How do I pin a custom shortcut to the Start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I pin a custom shortcut to the Start menu?: I found an article about how to do this that described this method: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3wnohc/is_there_a_way_to_pin_custom_shortcuts_to_the/ but this doesn't work. There are only a handful of folders and shortcuts in this folder, not anywhere near the...
  8. How can I group a program shortcut 'menu' in one 'Pin'?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I group a program shortcut 'menu' in one 'Pin'?: I want to group similar types of programs on one 'pin', so I click the pin and a 'menu' of program shortcuts pop up. (pins for browsers, game launchers, utilities, audio & video players & editors, etc.) Windows 7 had several programs that did this (7Stacks was one) but do...
  9. How to Pin IE Shortcuts to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Pin IE Shortcuts to Start Menu: UPDATE: See Edwin's method in Post #4 for IE it is much easier than mine. But for other browsers use this method. Since you cannot just drag and drop a shortcut to a web site into the app menu the way I do it is to create a short cut on my desktop then copy it into the...
  10. Pin shortcuts to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin shortcuts to Start Menu: What am I missing here? I can pin exe's with a right click but trying to do this with a desktop shortcut does nothing. If it is not allowed, why does the context menu have 'Pin to start' in it? Just wondering. 8914