Windows 10: how can i place desktop icons where i want them

Discus and support how can i place desktop icons where i want them in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how can i place desktop icons where i want them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatLewis48, Apr 28, 2020.

1. how can i place desktop icons where i want them

how can i place desktop icons where i want them

:)

PatLewis48, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Cant place icons on certain places on dekstop

We appreciate the information you've provided. We suggest downloading the latest update, KB4020102, to see if that resolves your concern with the icon placement.
    To do that, go to Settings > Update & Security
    > Check for Updates.

We also recommend changing the desktop icon settings. To access it, follow these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Themes and press Enter.

• Click Change desktop icons.

• Uncheck Allow themes to change desktop icons.

• Click Apply.

• Click OK.

After installing the latest updates and changing the desktop icon settings, check if you can place icons on the left side of your screen.

Let us know if what happens to your icon placement after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 can't lock desktop icons in place

Hi,

In Windows 10, there are ways to keep the icons in place. To make them stay in their location, we suggest that you check these methods:

Method 1:

• In your desktop, right click on an open area.
    • Select Personalise, click Themes on the left menu.
    • Remove the checkmark on Allow themes to change desktop icons, then click
      Apply.
    • Arrange your icons where you want them to be.

Method 2:

• In an open area, right click on your desktop.
    • Select View, on the drop down menu Auto arrange icons shouldn't have a checkmark and
      Align icons to grid should have a checkmark.
    Let us know if any of the above methods work.

Xylee Del, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. how can i place desktop icons where i want them - Similar Threads - place desktop icons

2. Has MS sorted out being able to lock desktop items where I want them sorted and placed?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has MS sorted out being able to lock desktop items where I want them sorted and placed?...: Having to reorganise my desktop icons on each hotdesk I go to and is infuriating why can't I just lock them where I put them and they stay in place. It even messes them up on my laptop. Surely there is a simple fix. My Mac I had at a previous job never did this!...
  3. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons not staying where I want them: Hi there - I have just switched from a desktop to a laptop, and I have a number of icons on my main screen. However, I like these icons to be grouped in a particular way - for example, all Word icons to be together, all Excel icons together, a Citrix icon on the top right of...
  4. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons not staying where I want them: Hi there - I have just switched from a desktop to a laptop, and I have a number of icons on my main screen. However, I like these icons to be grouped in a particular way - for example, all Word icons to be together, all Excel icons together, a Citrix icon on the top right of...
  5. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. I hope there's a way to have my Desktop icons stay where I place them

I hope there's a way to have my Desktop icons stay where I place them: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro. I have my; desktop icons arranged. Two rows, on the right And one row, on the left. Here's, the problem. For some reason. Sometimes all of he icons, end up on the left It's like they just, slammed over there. To put...
  7. Desktop icons moved to the left side all by themselves and I can't move them where I want them

Desktop icons moved to the left side all by themselves and I can't move them where I want them: How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-moved-to-the-left-side-all-by/a6406f14-6c26-4387-b48e-4ea55c5eb732
  8. I want to know where is this place?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to know where is this place?: I want to know where is this place? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-know-where-is-this-place/e3c518c9-de22-4ef9-b06d-0278f8c42d05
  9. Desktop Icons won't stay where I put them

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons won't stay where I put them: I like to position all my desktop icons in a custom order, but since I took my PC into the Geeks to remove a suspected virus, my desktop icons keep returning to default positions upon restart or refresh. I've experimented with unchecking grid and align options, and even...
  10. Some desktop icons won't stay where I place them.

in Windows 10 Support
    Some desktop icons won't stay where I place them.: This started after I did a refresh installation. While many of the icons remain where they are, some of them refuse to stay put when I move them. They spring to another position. What might be causing this bizarre behaviour? 95380