Windows 10: How can I play my old disk games on a new laptop with no disk drive?

Discus and support How can I play my old disk games on a new laptop with no disk drive? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a few disk games for PC I bought a long time ago: Halo CE, Halo 2, Flight Simulator X, Age of Empires 1 and 2, among others. The problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aaron076, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Aaron076 Win User

How can I play my old disk games on a new laptop with no disk drive?

I have a few disk games for PC I bought a long time ago: Halo CE, Halo 2, Flight Simulator X, Age of Empires 1 and 2, among others. The problem is that my new laptop does not come with a disk drive. Is there a legal way to get an .iso file or some other installer so I can continue to play my legacy games? I know, I already have Halo TMCC on my Xbox and I can get the Age of Empires Definitive through the Game Pass, but I want to play my games using my existing licenses. Is there any hope? Thanks for any information you may provide me.

Aaron M.

:)

Aaron076, Dec 10, 2019
  2. Mal_shoe Win User

How to play and install a game with no disk drive?

My disk drive in my laptop got damaged and I am unable to play my Age of Empires game that I have played and enjoyed for years now. I am a college student so I'm trying to save money and avoid buying an external disk drive. I tried a factory reset before
    I figured out it was a hardware issue so it uninstalled from my laptop. Is there anyway to get it back on my laptop to play it with out having to buy a digital copy? Thank you.

Mal_shoe, Dec 10, 2019
  3. VicErrico Win User
    Disk Drive

HI, I'm using a HP15 Laptop with Windows 10. When I insert a DVD into the Disk Drive built into the laptop, I don't know how to get it to play. I'm not real computer savvy but manage. I can hear the disk drive run, but nothing shows up on the screen to
    prompt me to play or run. Any suggestions on how to view the prompts or disk would be appreciated. Thank you.

VicErrico, Dec 10, 2019
  4. How can I play my old disk games on a new laptop with no disk drive?

Flash Drive and Disk Reader .

"Insert a disk"

My computer is approximately 6 years old and has been used extensively and the drive that plays the flash drives and disks has always worked. Now when I try to play either type, the report comes up immediately, "Insert disk" and there is already one in
    it. I have taken it to the Geek Squad and they say that everything is okay. Any suggestions - and this notice comes up on both types - new ones and ones that have been used for years.

Sydna Arbuckle, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

How can I play my old disk games on a new laptop with no disk drive?

1. How can I play my old disk games on a new laptop with no disk drive? - Similar Threads - play old disk

2. How I can make my Dynamic disk to basic Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I can make my Dynamic disk to basic Disk: How I can make my Dynamic disk back to Basic .it is my main Disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-make-my-dynamic-disk-to-basic-disk/d506d312-5e4c-4d0e-b84d-3a8bc597a0f1
  3. How I can make my Dynamic disk to basic Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I can make my Dynamic disk to basic Disk: How I can make my Dynamic disk back to Basic .it is my main Disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-make-my-dynamic-disk-to-basic-disk/d506d312-5e4c-4d0e-b84d-3a8bc597a0f1
  4. How can I move my E drive to C drive? or combine Disk 0 and Disk 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I move my E drive to C drive? or combine Disk 0 and Disk 1: Hi, I'm having an issue where I can't move the E drive adjacent to the C drive. I have a M.2 ssd Samsung 970 EVO and just got a WD Blue SSD Sata as an additional storage. I wanted the additional storage to be combined with the C drive but I won't let me. I tried using AOMEI...
  5. How can I move my E drive to C drive? or combine Disk 0 and Disk 1

How can I move my E drive to C drive? or combine Disk 0 and Disk 1: Hi, I'm having an issue where I can't move the E drive adjacent to the C drive. I have a M.2 ssd Samsung 970 EVO and just got a WD Blue SSD Sata as an additional storage. I wanted the additional storage to be combined with the C drive but I won't let me. I tried using AOMEI...
  6. Repurposing and old Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Repurposing and old Disk Drive: I need to reformat and old an old disk disk drive. It will only be used to store pictures, videos and music and will not be needed for booting the computer.This is a 1 T byte drive and now has a three partitions. I installed this drive in an external hard case. I tried using...
  7. Repurposing and old Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repurposing and old Disk Drive: I need to reformat and old an old disk disk drive. It will only be used to store pictures, videos and music and will not be needed for booting the computer.This is a 1 T byte drive and now has a three partitions. I installed this drive in an external hard case. I tried using...
  8. Repurposing and old Disk Drive

9. Playing Microsoft Game with a disk drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing Microsoft Game with a disk drive: Hello! I recently found my old tycoon games- zoo tycoon, mall tycoon, moon tycoon, etc. I have an external disk drive and was wondering if it was possible to still download the games and play them through this method. I have room to download them and everything and can also...
  10. how do i play a video game without a disk drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i play a video game without a disk drive: i have a gaming pc with windows 10 version 1809 but i have no disk drive and i want to download games like ps1, ps2 and ps3 games but the pc version, so how can i play them without a disk drive, is there any kind of program i can use?...