Windows 10: how can I prevent a stranger from trying to connect to my computer using my bluetooth

Discus and support how can I prevent a stranger from trying to connect to my computer using my bluetooth in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just wasted another half an hour of my time trying to get online help via online chat with a Microsoft representative. It appears that someone is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CarmenAnderson1, Sep 4, 2018.

1. how can I prevent a stranger from trying to connect to my computer using my bluetooth

I just wasted another half an hour of my time trying to get online help via online chat with a Microsoft representative. It appears that someone is trying to gain access to my computer. I continue to get notifications about this. I want it to stop. I see I can't even upload a screenshot here! FFS I am getting angry now.

:)

CarmenAnderson1, Sep 4, 2018

2. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Fault trying to share photos from phone to laptop via Bluetooth

While waiting for replies I solved this - in Windows 10 by the following steps where -> means click/select.
    1. Start -> Settings-> Devices -> Bluetooth.
    2. At this point ensure Bluetooth is on and device you wish to make the transfer from is listed and paired.
    3. At the bottom of the same page under Related Settings -> Send or receive files via Bluetooth -> Receive files.
    4. The Waiting for connection page appears stay on this page and initiate the transfer from your device.
    5. The file is being received window appears with a progress bar when this is complete you will be asked where to save the file and Finish
    It appears these steps have to be performed for each individual file transferred therefore I've pinned the Settings window with Bluetooth selected to the task bar.

SlainteMhath, Sep 4, 2018
  4. aasim1111 Win User

how can I prevent a stranger from trying to connect to my computer using my bluetooth

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

how can I prevent a stranger from trying to connect to my computer using my bluetooth

1. how can I prevent a stranger from trying to connect to my computer using my bluetooth - Similar Threads - prevent stranger trying

2. how to connect bluetooth in my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to connect bluetooth in my computer: in my computer already had a Bluetooth USB Dongle connected., but in my case computer cant access to this hardware so please resolve my problem as well asthank you..!!...
  3. how to connect bluetooth in my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to connect bluetooth in my computer: in my computer already had a Bluetooth USB Dongle connected., but in my case computer cant access to this hardware so please resolve my problem as well asthank you..!!...
  4. How can I prevent Windows 11 from interrupting my Galaxy S22 Bluetooth headphone connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent Windows 11 from interrupting my Galaxy S22 Bluetooth headphone connection?: My Bluetooth headphones both Bose QC2 and Galaxy ProBuds2 disconnect from my Galaxy S22 when I'm logged into my Windows 11 PC. It seems as though Windows is overriding my Android Bluetooth connection. How can I prevent this from happening?...
  5. How can I prevent Windows 11 from interrupting my Galaxy S22 Bluetooth headphone connection?

How can I prevent Windows 11 from interrupting my Galaxy S22 Bluetooth headphone connection?: My Bluetooth headphones both Bose QC2 and Galaxy ProBuds2 disconnect from my Galaxy S22 when I'm logged into my Windows 11 PC. It seems as though Windows is overriding my Android Bluetooth connection. How can I prevent this from happening?...
  6. How can I prevent Connected Standby from draining my battery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent Connected Standby from draining my battery?: I have a Dell Inspiron 7506 laptop that's less than a year old and updated to the latest version of Windows 11, and I experienced my first battery issue with it today. I charged the device's battery all the way to 100% last night, put it in my bag, and went to bed. Then, when...
  7. How can I prevent Connected Standby from draining my battery?

How can I prevent Connected Standby from draining my battery?: I have a Dell Inspiron 7506 laptop that's less than a year old and updated to the latest version of Windows 11, and I experienced my first battery issue with it today. I charged the device's battery all the way to 100% last night, put it in my bag, and went to bed. Then, when...
  8. How can i add bluetooth to my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i add bluetooth to my computer?: I need bluetooth to my computer, because i want to connect my Galaxy Buds to my computer, but it doesn't have bluetooth support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-add-bluetooth-to-my-computer/b855cc68-5ad1-4099-adb6-04a5f09f3526
  9. How can I connect my headphones to my computer via bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I connect my headphones to my computer via bluetooth?: I have a pair of headphones that connects via bluetooth. I connected it to my phone with no issues, but my computer can't detect it. When I go to 'Settings>Devices' and select 'Add Bluetooth Or Other Device' it says it can't detect anything. Also, I saw one suggestion online...
  10. I am trying to connect Bluetooth earbuds to my computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am trying to connect Bluetooth earbuds to my computer.: I am trying to connect Bluetooth earbuds to my computer. I am getting them paired and connected successfully but the sound is still coming out of the computer instead of the earbuds. I have gone into sound settings and the only option it is giving me in the computer speakers...