Windows 10: How can I prevent bitlocker confusion after wake from sleep?

Discus and support How can I prevent bitlocker confusion after wake from sleep? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have a bit-locker protected USB drive. It's set to always be unlocked when attached to my main desktop PC. After I waking from sleep the drive... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WastedJoker, May 25, 2019.

1. How can I prevent bitlocker confusion after wake from sleep?

Hi,

I have a bit-locker protected USB drive. It's set to always be unlocked when attached to my main desktop PC.

After I waking from sleep the drive shows as locked in My PC:

How can I prevent bitlocker confusion after wake from sleep? [​IMG]

If I double-click it I get this message:

However if I right-click the drive and select "Open" I'm able to access it.

I think the issue is that the context menu for the right-click shows "Unlock drive" as the default action:

Any idea how to fix this confusion?

I'm running OS build 18362.116 (Windows 10 Insider Slow Ring).

:)

WastedJoker, May 25, 2019

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 25, 2019
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, May 25, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

How can I prevent bitlocker confusion after wake from sleep?

Computer won't wake up after sleep

Hi Gregory,

It's possible that some settings are preventing your computer from waking up after sleep mode. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Are you using a third-party antivirus program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Yolvi Ell, May 25, 2019
Thema:

How can I prevent bitlocker confusion after wake from sleep?

1. How can I prevent bitlocker confusion after wake from sleep? - Similar Threads - prevent bitlocker confusion

2. How can I prevent my PC from restarting after I wake it up from 'sleep' mode please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent my PC from restarting after I wake it up from 'sleep' mode please?: I have an HP Z420 Workstation PC which automatically receives updates. 2 or 3 days ago, when waking it from 'sleep', which I do every night to save time in the morning, it restarts itself for no apparent reason. I've tried resetting power settings and Googling to try to find...
  3. How can I prevent my PC from restarting after I wake it up from 'sleep' mode please?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I prevent my PC from restarting after I wake it up from 'sleep' mode please?: I have an HP Z420 Workstation PC which automatically receives updates. 2 or 3 days ago, when waking it from 'sleep', which I do every night to save time in the morning, it restarts itself for no apparent reason. I've tried resetting power settings and Googling to try to find...
  4. How can I prevent my PC from restarting after I wake it up from 'sleep' mode please?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. bitlocker asking for key after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bitlocker asking for key after waking up from sleep: When I close the lid to my laptop to put the unit to sleep, when I open it back up I get a blue screen saying there is a bitlocker error. I have to navigate to continue to book windows, then the screen goes black. I can force shutdown the laptop by holding the power button...
  6. WSL2 prevents laptop from waking back from sleep

WSL2 prevents laptop from waking back from sleep: My Zephyrus G15 laptop is about 2 months old now, and yesterday, I activated WSL2Windows Subsystem for Linux and installed Ubuntu 20.04 from Windows Store. Immediately after, I installed ROS, CUDA toolkit 11.1, KDE desktop and xrdp, and also VcXsrv. Now, everything works fine...
  7. How to prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep

How to prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep: In Windows 10 version 1909, how do I prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep? I don't want my PC to wake from mouse and keyboard movements, but I am maybe okay for it to wake to install updates but if it does this, I'd like it to put itself back into...
  8. How to prevent mouse from waking PC from sleep? Tried Mouse properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to prevent mouse from waking PC from sleep? Tried Mouse properties: Win 10 system, I'm trying to prevent the mouse from waking the PC from sleep since bumping into my desk is sufficient to move the mouse and thus wake up the PC, which is very annoying. Mouse is a Logitech wireless mouse that uses a Logitech unifying receiver. I used this...
  9. BSOD after wake from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after wake from sleep: Every once in a while when my computer wakes from sleep it experiences a BSOD and restarts. This doesn't happen every time, but it's been happening for a few months now so it's quite annoying. I've installed all the latest windows 10 updates and video card driver, but it...
  10. How can I prevent bitlocker confusion after wake from sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I prevent bitlocker confusion after wake from sleep?: Hi, I have a bit-locker protected USB drive. It's set to always be unlocked when attached to my main desktop PC. After I waking from sleep the drive shows as locked in My PC: [img] If I double-click it I get this message: [img] However if I right-click the drive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker pin when wake up from sleep

2. surfacepro bitlocker recovery on wake up