Windows 10: How can I prevent Cortana from activating in response to stray words and noises?

Discus and support How can I prevent Cortana from activating in response to stray words and noises? in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana pops up often when I'm watching TV or just when there are noises in the room., How can I prevent these false activations?There are many web... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by LastGas, Nov 3, 2021.

1. LastGas Win User

How can I prevent Cortana from activating in response to stray words and noises?

Cortana pops up often when I'm watching TV or just when there are noises in the room., How can I prevent these false activations?There are many web pages that talk about training Cortana, but none of the things described exist on my computer. I have Windows 10 Pro 9043.1288 on a desktop system and a Yeti microphone,I was watching an episode of Star Trek Enterprise, and Cortana started reading this long text about Star Trek. It pops up repeatedly during Zoom calls.

:)

LastGas, Nov 3, 2021
Thema:

How can I prevent Cortana from activating in response to stray words and noises?

1. How can I prevent Cortana from activating in response to stray words and noises? - Similar Threads - prevent Cortana activating

2. How can I activate Windows when I am prevented from logging in by Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I activate Windows when I am prevented from logging in by Microsoft?: I upgraded my hardware, turned on my computer and was surprised that I had to re-activate Windows. I'm fairly certain I've never linked this computer with a Microsoft account so I don't know how to re-activate it. When I logged in to a microsoft account I saw that I had an...
  3. How can I activate Windows when I am prevented from logging in by Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I activate Windows when I am prevented from logging in by Microsoft?: I upgraded my hardware, turned on my computer and was surprised that I had to re-activate Windows. I'm fairly certain I've never linked this computer with a Microsoft account so I don't know how to re-activate it. When I logged in to a microsoft account I saw that I had an...
  4. How can I activate Windows when I am prevented from logging in by Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to active Cortana

in Cortana
    How to active Cortana: I dont know how to active cortana. I set region is United State and language is EnglishThis is screenshotThanks for help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-active-cortana/055bce8c-f546-4277-8032-c8b65bcd4e51
  6. How can I activate Cortana? Settings, Cortana, Hey Cortana toggle will not work.

in Cortana
    How can I activate Cortana? Settings, Cortana, Hey Cortana toggle will not work.: When I go to settings, Cortana, and try to turn on the toggle to allow Hey Cortana to funtion, it will not turn on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-cortana-settings-cortana-hey/a7fd5b59-9b42-4244-8bb4-4f55571ed4d5
  7. Verbal or Audio Response from Cortana

in Cortana
    Verbal or Audio Response from Cortana: How do I get audio responding from Cortana? So far I only get text. Second, is there a way to direct search other than using Bing or is this a proprietary program (Bing is part of Windows as is Cortana)?...
  8. Cortana only responses "I didn't get that'

in Cortana
    Cortana only responses "I didn't get that': This is my first time to use Cortana,. I changed the region and language before this happened, from Chinese to English and China to the united states. Though I didn't know if it worked well before I changed the settings, Cortana does not work now, only saying "I didn't get...
  9. Audio from stray adds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Audio from stray adds: In MS Edge, I keep hearing audio from adds that are not on my screen. Is this a problem with Edge, or with Yahoo home page. Is there a way to shut it off, or keep adds from auto playing ??...
  10. "Hey Cortana" non responsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Hey Cortana" non responsive: Hi, I have set up Cortana and she is working well except for the "Hey Cortana". When I say it nothing happens. isn't she supposed to wake up and activate? When I first installed Windows 10 this function worked, albeit not 100% successful. But now it doesn't work at all. All...