Windows 10: How can I prevent going back to start page too quickly?

Discus and support How can I prevent going back to start page too quickly? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I prevent going from file to START Screen too quickly?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FHS4, Nov 18, 2018.

1. FHS4 Win User

How can I prevent going back to start page too quickly?

How can I prevent going from file to START Screen too quickly?

:)

2. theking2 Win User

Start page is not saved

After I went to a complicated set of steps

Clicking ...

• select Settings
    • select A specific page
    • select Custom from the list
    • enter my favourite page
    • removing About:start
    And I close and open Edge the default page is still shown

How do I change the start page in Edge?

theking2, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Personal Web Page project

Removed the dots, good call.

Today i'm going to finish up the home page, and start working on the rest of the pages.

Any good suggestions for a portfolio picture?

freaksavior, Nov 18, 2018
  4. d355 Win User

Prevent "My Feeds" from Showing in Edge Start Page

Yes, I tried everything listed in that link multiple times.
    I just finished the "start fresh" reset option. Did not work.

Then I tried a complete new install of Windows 10. Still, I get the same behavior. Perhaps this is the normal behavior.
    Seems like the Start page for Edge must always load the "My Feeds" section. Attached is a screenshot taken after a clean Windows 10 install.

How can I prevent going back to start page too quickly? [​IMG]

Thema:

1. How can I prevent going back to start page too quickly? - Similar Threads - prevent going start

2. How can I prevent laptop from going to sleep/hibernating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent laptop from going to sleep/hibernating?: I need to run a program, unattended, for a number of hours. Despite attempts to keep the computer awake using a new Power Profile, after 15 minutes the computer either goes to sleep or hibernates. What can I do to keep my computer awake? Why are settings ignored in the Power...
  3. How can I prevent laptop from going to sleep/hibernating?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I prevent laptop from going to sleep/hibernating?: I need to run a program, unattended, for a number of hours. Despite attempts to keep the computer awake using a new Power Profile, after 15 minutes the computer either goes to sleep or hibernates. What can I do to keep my computer awake? Why are settings ignored in the Power...
  4. how to make page go back to normal size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make page go back to normal size: I went to my bank account on my laptop and must have accidently hit something and now that page is too big. It is the only page that is not a normal size, everything else I go on is the normal size. How do I fix it? I am not the most tech person there is, so explain in very...
  5. how to make page go back to normal size

how to make page go back to normal size: I went to my bank account on my laptop and must have accidently hit something and now that page is too big. It is the only page that is not a normal size, everything else I go on is the normal size. How do I fix it? I am not the most tech person there is, so explain in very...
  6. How can I go back to windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I go back to windows 10 ?: I don't like edge at all. How can I go back to what I had ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-go-back-to-windows-10/df9e4a12-a2c3-4037-a946-276214a33438
  7. when i do a puzzle in quick mode, how can i go back to the regular puzzle without watching...

when i do a puzzle in quick mode, how can i go back to the regular puzzle without watching...: when i do a puzzle in quick mode, how can I go back to the same puzzle without watching another commercial? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-do-a-puzzle-in-quick-mode-how-can-i-go-back/dc9b7145-85a7-4f1d-852c-e2f9d09bbca2
  8. how do i get back windows 10 start page.

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i get back windows 10 start page.: Hi, somehow I lost my windows 10 start page. the menu disappeared and the icons are all over the in no particular order. Does anyone know how I can fix it. Thank you...
  9. can i go back a version

in Windows 10 Support
    can i go back a version: since windows 10 1803 my computer freezes when i use microsoft edge or fiefox I was hoping the later updates would fix bjut made it worse can i go back to the previse version somehow. 113224
  10. CAN I GO BACK ??? Please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CAN I GO BACK ??? Please: Hello from your newest member *Sick I really was not looking to join another forum BUT here I am, A total NUB & about to junk what was a perfectly Desk Top ! Long story short is I updated a Win 8 DTop to Win 10 yesterday morning & have not been able to use it sence. EVERY...