Windows 10: How can I prevent older events on the calendar from disappearing?

Discus and support How can I prevent older events on the calendar from disappearing? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Apparently Calendar does not retain older events on the calendar. I would like to be able to refer back to earlier events, but they are apparently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Carl Giffels, Feb 3, 2023.

1. How can I prevent older events on the calendar from disappearing?

Apparently Calendar does not retain older events on the calendar. I would like to be able to refer back to earlier events, but they are apparently wiped out after moving on for some number of months. Is there a way to retain them?

:)

Carl Giffels, Feb 3, 2023

2. Calender events disappeared

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you further with the issue could you please confirm a couple of things:

• How do you access Calendar? Is it through a Web Browser or an Email Client?
    • Are you referring to the default Calendar app?
    • Did you make any changes to your account before you encountered the issue?
    Nevertheless, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check whether you're able to see the events in your Account:

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue so that we can work on it to help you better.

Andria Maria Mendez, Feb 3, 2023
  3. Google Calendar Events disappear when created approximately 6 months in the future

Repro Steps:

1. Connect a gmail account with manual calendar sync

2. Let it sync

3. Try to create a new calendar event more than 6 months in the future.

4. See as it shows in the list of events for that day (momentarily)

5. Wait up to 5 minutes

Expected: The event should still be listed for that day

Actual: The event is no longer listed for that day

As of Sept 1st 2014, the cutoff day is Monday February 16th. Events prior to this day appear and stick around just fine. Events entered after this day disappear after a few minutes.

Interestingly, it may be the case that the events will reappear once they are less than 6 months away.

I was able to reproduce the issue on both my phone and my husband's phone.

Please let me know if there is a better place to post bug reports like this.

lindseym23, Feb 3, 2023
  4. How can I prevent older events on the calendar from disappearing?

Disappearing calendar events.

My Windows Phone 7 sychronises properly with my Windows Live calendar but, after a few weeks, entries and events disappear from the phone calendar with the exception of birthdays, holidays and one or two apparently random entries. However, if I scroll
    back as far as June last year, the whole of the month's calendar entries are displayed. Last month (March) I could read March's entries but now those details are not displayed on the phone. I frequently need to refer to previous recent entries and this problem
    is increasingly frustrating. Is there any way to reinstate the calendar history or to prevent this from happening in the future? Thanks for any help!

SteveEverittOP, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

How can I prevent older events on the calendar from disappearing?

1. How can I prevent older events on the calendar from disappearing? - Similar Threads - prevent older events

2. Calendar Events Disappeared - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar Events Disappeared - Windows 10: I've been using the Windows Calendar app for many years. In response to the notification about Windows replacing it with the Outlook calendar in 2024, I tried to make the transition but was unable to sync my Windows calendar app with the Outlook calendar or with Google...
  3. Calendar Events Disappeared - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar Events Disappeared - Windows 10: I've been using the Windows Calendar app for many years. In response to the notification about Windows replacing it with the Outlook calendar in 2024, I tried to make the transition but was unable to sync my Windows calendar app with the Outlook calendar or with Google...
  4. How do I remove events from the calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove events from the calendar: How do I remove events from the calendar? For example, birthdays are showing up and some of them are for people who are now deceased. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-events-from-the-calendar/cbfafdb1-592e-4656-8602-d9fa97528870
  5. How do I remove events from the calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove events from the calendar: How do I remove events from the calendar? For example, birthdays are showing up and some of them are for people who are now deceased. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-events-from-the-calendar/cbfafdb1-592e-4656-8602-d9fa97528870
  6. How do I remove events from the calendar

7. how can I import calendar events into Microsoft Mail?

how can I import calendar events into Microsoft Mail?: How can I import calendar events into Microsoft Mail? I want to export from my Outlook calendar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-import-calendar-events-into-microsoft/c9900238-46e4-4778-b83d-f27f20797ee7
  8. How can I prevent older events on the calendar from disappearing?

How can I prevent older events on the calendar from disappearing?: Apparently Calendar does not retain older events on the calendar. I would like to be able to refer back to earlier events, but they are apparently wiped out after moving on for some number of months. Is there a way to retain them?...
  9. Events keep disappearing on the Calendar App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Events keep disappearing on the Calendar App: Hi everyone,Last week I got around to adding all my classes and other things I need to do to the calendar app on my computer, and they all appeared, but the next day they were gone. I tried adding them again, and they have disappeared once again. This is making it really hard...
  10. Events keep disappearing on the Calendar App

Events keep disappearing on the Calendar App: Hi everyone,Last week I got around to adding all my classes and other things I need to do to the calendar app on my computer, and they all appeared, but the next day they were gone. I tried adding them again, and they have disappeared once again. This is making it really hard...