Windows 10: How can I prevent onenote 2016 from deleting files after 60 days?

Discus and support How can I prevent onenote 2016 from deleting files after 60 days? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been using OneNote 2016 for a while with cloud syncing turned off. Lately I've received a message from OneNote saying it will delete files more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RetiredEngineer, Jul 18, 2019.

1. How can I prevent onenote 2016 from deleting files after 60 days?

I've been using OneNote 2016 for a while with cloud syncing turned off. Lately I've received a message from OneNote saying it will delete files more than 60 days old, which is something I do not wish to happen. I checked through everything in the File > Options section, but could not find how to turn this off.

Some help on turning off autodeletion would be much appreciated.

:)

RetiredEngineer, Jul 18, 2019
  2. jmffox Win User

OneNote 2016

Every time I try to start Onenote 2016 I receive an error message suggesting that I delete cache and/or delete settings. After much effort I cannot get OneNote 2016 to start normally please advise. Thank you

jmf

jmffox, Jul 18, 2019
  3. OneNote 2016 opening on startup

Hi,

In order to turn off or disable OneNote 2016 at startup, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Taskbar, and select Task Manager.
    • On the bottom right of the Task Manager window, click the drop-down arrow to open
      More details.
    • Click the Startup tab. This tab shows the programs that are enabled on Startup.
    • Right-click OneNote 2016, and click Disable.
    • Click File, then Exit.
    • You may then restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 18, 2019
  4. How can I prevent onenote 2016 from deleting files after 60 days?

Deleting OneNote pages

To delete a page from OneNote you can follow the below steps.

• In the "all pages" view find the page you want to delete
    • press and hold on the page
    • And press the "delete" option shown
    OR

• Open the section having the page to be deleted.
    • press and hold on the page which needs to be deleted
    • And press the "delete" option shown
    Hope this helps.

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

How can I prevent onenote 2016 from deleting files after 60 days?

1. How can I prevent onenote 2016 from deleting files after 60 days? - Similar Threads - prevent onenote 2016

2. How to prevent a deleted file from re-appearing ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to prevent a deleted file from re-appearing ?: In a puzzlingly erratic way, a downloaded file that I have repeatedly deleted, keeps re-appearing in a folder. What can be going on, and how can it be prevented ?...
  3. How to prevent a deleted file from re-appearing ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent a deleted file from re-appearing ?: In a puzzlingly erratic way, a downloaded file that I have repeatedly deleted, keeps re-appearing in a folder. What can be going on, and how can it be prevented ?...
  4. How to prevent a deleted file from re-appearing ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneNote 2016: Hi I've been using the print > "send to onenote desktop" to import pdfs into my OneNote 2016. It was working great for a while, but this morning, it wouldn't import the document so I tried cancelling the document in the printer queue. It wouldn't cancel so I ended up...
  6. How to Remove Compatibility Settings from OneNote 2016?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove Compatibility Settings from OneNote 2016?: I just updated my Surface Book 3 from Windows 10 1909 to the latest 2004. In 1909, OneNote 2016 had an issue where the ink would be several inches away from the pen tip when I tried to draw. The fix was to disable DPI scaling using compatibility mode. The issue is suppose...
  7. PDF Files and OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    PDF Files and OneNote 2016: I am having trouble with OneNote 2016. I am unable to insert PDF file printouts. The process starts, but then just hangs. I have also tried unsuccessfully to print to OneNote 2016 from both Chrome and Edge - I get an "your printer has experienced an expected configuration...
  8. OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneNote 2016: Every time I try to start Onenote 2016 I receive an error message suggesting that I delete cache and/or delete settings. After much effort I cannot get OneNote 2016 to start normally please advise. Thank you jmf...
  9. Onenote and onenote 2016 uninstall

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Onenote and onenote 2016 uninstall: Hi I have both on my computers running W10 and office 365. Happy with the new OneNote but would like to uninstall OneNote 2016 as it confuses matters. Can I do so without losing any data (notes)? I understand that OneNote 2016 stores notes on the local hard drive but will...
  10. How to uninstall Onenote 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to uninstall Onenote 2016: I have successfully uninstalled Onenote using the Power Shell. Now I want to do the same with Onenote 2016 but can't figure out how to do it. I have right clicked Onenote 2016 in the Start Menu and then chosen Uninstalled but Onenote 2016 is still there. Will someone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onenote prevent delete history

2. does Onenote delete notes every 60 days

3. onenote says they will delete file iun 60 days