Windows 10: How can I prevent Phone Link from running in the background?

Discus and support How can I prevent Phone Link from running in the background? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I installed the app on my phone a Pixel 6a I chose not to have the app run in the background. However, the app does run constantly in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bazsl1, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Bazsl1 Win User

How can I prevent Phone Link from running in the background?

When I installed the app on my phone a Pixel 6a I chose not to have the app run in the background. However, the app does run constantly in the background and automatically connects to my PC. I do not want the app to run unless I launch it and I do not want the app to connect to my PC unless I have manually launched the app. Is this possible? Thanks.

:)

Bazsl1, Sep 12, 2022

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Sep 12, 2022
  3. clayto Win User
    Your phone app not shown in background apps

At long last I am making progress getting YOUR PHONE to work again, but I am stuck at 60%. In the Troubleshooting advice it says to check that YOUR PHONE has permission to run in the background. Trouble is, Your Phone is simple NOT LISTED as an app to either disallow or allow to run in the background. It does not appear to exist! How can I deal with this?

clayto, Sep 12, 2022
  4. How can I prevent Phone Link from running in the background?

Background tasks no-longer running

So I've now got my background tasks working again with the help of people at the WPCentral forum. They advised that I uninstall apps that can use background tasks, whether those tasks are enabled or not. The theory is that Windows Phone has some kind of
    issue with there being too many apps installed that register the use of background tasks and that disabling the background tasks does not help.

So here's what I did:

• Go to settings --> swipe left --> background tasks --> advanced.
    • Make a list of all of the apps installed that can run background tasks.
    • Uninstall as many of those apps as possible. In my case, I had quite a few apps that I actually rarely use.
    • Restart the phone.
    That's it. The background tasks for the apps I actually want to be able to run then just started running again. One person in the thread suggested you can also work around the problem by careful configuration of each app to disable background operations
    you don't actually want, without having to uninstall them.

For more detail you can see the WPCentral forum thread here:
    http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8/240483-background-tasks-no-longer-running.html

Benjamin Brereton, Sep 12, 2022
Thema:

How can I prevent Phone Link from running in the background?

1. How can I prevent Phone Link from running in the background? - Similar Threads - prevent Phone Link

2. Can I get the pictures from phone link without the phone linked to it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get the pictures from phone link without the phone linked to it?: Hello, So my phone got stolen and none of my pictures were saved on to the drive. I did just open the phone link on my computer and noticed that the pictures were still saved in the photos section of the phone link. Is there any way I can save these pictures without my old...
  3. Can I get the pictures from phone link without the phone linked to it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I get the pictures from phone link without the phone linked to it?: Hello, So my phone got stolen and none of my pictures were saved on to the drive. I did just open the phone link on my computer and noticed that the pictures were still saved in the photos section of the phone link. Is there any way I can save these pictures without my old...
  4. What is this "Phone link" app that is running in the background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this "Phone link" app that is running in the background?: Hello, I was checking task manager when I noticed there is an app called "phone link" that is running in the background. I don't use this app and I don't remember using it, but it runs in the background everytime my computer is on. Does this app running mean that I am using...
  5. What is this "Phone link" app that is running in the background?

What is this "Phone link" app that is running in the background?: Hello, I was checking task manager when I noticed there is an app called "phone link" that is running in the background. I don't use this app and I don't remember using it, but it runs in the background everytime my computer is on. Does this app running mean that I am using...
  6. how to prevent runtime broker from running in the background in windows 10 if there is no...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to prevent runtime broker from running in the background in windows 10 if there is no...: Hello, I have all the configuration options disabled, but still the runtyme broker process manifests 3 processes in the task manager. In previous versions of Windows, this process only manifested itself if the camera was turned on or if some application required some...
  7. how to prevent runtyime broker from running in the background in windows 10 if there is no...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to prevent runtyime broker from running in the background in windows 10 if there is no...: Hello, I have all the configuration options disabled, but still the runtyme broker process manifests 3 processes in the task manager. In previous versions of Windows, this process only manifested itself if the camera was turned on or if some application required some...
  8. How can I prevent Phone Link from running in the background?

How can I prevent Phone Link from running in the background?: When I installed the app on my phone a Pixel 6a I chose not to have the app run in the background. However, the app does run constantly in the background and automatically connects to my PC. I do not want the app to run unless I launch it and I do not want the app to connect...
  9. How can I disable or prevent the Nvidia application from running in the background when the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable or prevent the Nvidia application from running in the background when the...: Hi, the Nvidia app loads and runs in the background every time I reboot my computer. I want to disable it, but there is no option to disable the app at startup nor in "Start Applications" in the control panel, nor in the "Task Manager" or even in the app itself. How can I...
  10. How can I disable or prevent the Nvidia application from running in the background when the...

How can I disable or prevent the Nvidia application from running in the background when the...: Hi, the Nvidia app loads and runs in the background every time I reboot my computer. I want to disable it, but there is no option to disable the app at startup nor in "Start Applications" in the control panel, nor in the "Task Manager" or even in the app itself. How can I...