Windows 10: How can I prevent spam from my own email address which I obviously cannot just block?

Discus and support How can I prevent spam from my own email address which I obviously cannot just block? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, does anyone know of a way to prevent spam from my own email address which I obviously cannot just block? I have checked my account and it says it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by globular, Dec 8, 2018.

1. globular Win User

How can I prevent spam from my own email address which I obviously cannot just block?

Hi, does anyone know of a way to prevent spam from my own email address which I obviously cannot just block? I have checked my account and it says it is still secure and there is no need to change password etc but I would still like to prevent this from happening. Any suggestions ?

* Original title: email

:)

globular, Dec 8, 2018

2. Spam Emails for pop3

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Which email address is configured in the Mail app?

If you have Outlook.com configured then you may refer to the suggestions provided by “Dhenz S” from this thread to check if that helps.

How to block spam emails in Outlook.com?

You need to look at the “View installed Updates” screen to see the list of recently installed updates.

Follow these steps to view installed updates:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• Click on “View Installed Updates”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Mystere Win User
    Lots Of Daily Spam Emails

Once you're on the list, the only thing you can do to stop it is change your email address.

I have an old Hotmail email that I use very rarely, and never give out anymore. I've had this account for close to 20 years, and it *STILL* gets a ton of spam. Many years ago I used to sign up for stuff using various fake names so I could try to track where spam was coming from, and I *STILL* get spam with those names 10+ years later.

No, you can't just block the IP addresses. The IP's change regularly, and often these are hijacked servers that are used for a few days or weeks then they move on to the next hijacked server so that people can't block them.

Trust me.. 30 spam messages is not very many, I get over 2500 per day, and that's the stuff that makes it through the front-end filters. There have been particularly bad periods where I've received of 25,000 per day. Only changing your email and never giving it out to any mailing list, service, website, etc.. will protect you from spam, and even then random emails can still be sent if your email address is common enough.

Honestly, I wouldn't be that worried about those "hidden" messages, since 99.9% of spammers just don't care if an email address is good or not.. They don't even bother to remove duplicates.

Mystere, Dec 8, 2018
  4. How can I prevent spam from my own email address which I obviously cannot just block?

Dealing with Spam

I suggest you change to Gmail with step two verification.

TheMailMan78, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

How can I prevent spam from my own email address which I obviously cannot just block?

1. How can I prevent spam from my own email address which I obviously cannot just block? - Similar Threads - prevent spam own

2. I just need to change my email address so i can get emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just need to change my email address so i can get emails: Im so tired of trying to just chabge my email addressnothing works they say got to start then accounts THERE IS NO ACCOUNTS ANYWHERRE!!!!!!!!!!...
  3. I just need to change my email address so i can get emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just need to change my email address so i can get emails: Im so tired of trying to just chabge my email addressnothing works they say got to start then accounts THERE IS NO ACCOUNTS ANYWHERRE!!!!!!!!!!...
  4. I just need to change my email address so i can get emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I just need to change my email address so i can get emails: Im so tired of trying to just chabge my email address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-need-to-change-my-email-address-so-i-can/64897ab7-54fc-4ce2-bd27-5199afd666b5
  5. How to blanket block spams emails from 'info.xxx'?

in Browsers and Email
    How to blanket block spams emails from 'info.xxx'?: Well now, spam email is coming through with the tag 'info', but every time the address is slightly different after the info.xxx, M$ suggested fix is to add it to the 'blocked sender's' list. The problem is one would have to do that with each info spammola, an endless cycle of...
  6. Deleting spam email addresses

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting spam email addresses: Sorry that was an error by me I am on windows 10, using gmail or googlemail. I keep getting lots of spam emails which do go to my spam folder and I delete them. I now have a problem whereby when I send an email and go to the 'to' line these spam email adresses come up. I...
  7. received a threatening email from my own address

received a threatening email from my own address: Hi I received an email from my own address and it even shows in my sent emails. I threatens that this person has access to my camera and etc and can send videos to my contacts. I changed my password several time and still got the email. What should I do?...
  8. Strange spam email address

Strange spam email address: I keep getting emails on my business computer from a strange address (like it is a merge of two separate ones). How it is even possible? Jim Scott <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***@wentai-cn.com> I keep spamming all of us almost every day with email that...
  9. How can a spam email have my email address but not come from me?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can a spam email have my email address but not come from me?: I have received several emails, stating from my email address, but is spam and not sent by me. I have checked my security settings and log on. I have not been hacked, as far as I can tell. But when I attempted to block the email that "came " me I was told I could not block my...
  10. I just received a email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I just received a email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hello, I just received an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** that my account is blocked and I should verify my account and then wait for their response. Normally I would ignore an email like that but the email has me doubting this one. The email is in...