Windows 10: How can I prevent the extra columns of details from appearing in File Explorer?

Discus and support How can I prevent the extra columns of details from appearing in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm not exactly sure what they're called. Some examples of them are "#" and "Date Modified" and "File Type" and "Album." I don't really want these,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FungusBingus92, Mar 23, 2021.

1. How can I prevent the extra columns of details from appearing in File Explorer?

I'm not exactly sure what they're called. Some examples of them are "#" and "Date Modified" and "File Type" and "Album." I don't really want these, since it makes the file name (the only important part to me) get cut off. I know that I can right click and hide them that way, but they come back after a while.

I've tried looking it up before, but since I don't know what they're called I couldn't get what I was looking for. Anyway, it's not that big of a deal, but it would be nice if I could disable those extra details from appearing, since as I said before, the only part I care about is the file name.

submitted by /u/FungusBingus92
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FungusBingus92, Mar 23, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows File Explorer Column Details for Audio files

Hi, best I can do is this:

How can I prevent the extra columns of details from appearing in File Explorer? [​IMG]

Bit depth appears in the column for image files, and for flac files in the Details pane, for example.

dalchina, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

How can I prevent the extra columns of details from appearing in File Explorer? windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 23, 2021
  4. How can I prevent the extra columns of details from appearing in File Explorer?

File Explorer Column Headings Keep Resetting

Hi,

To resolve the issue with File Explorer Column Headings, you may follow these steps below:

• Click on View Tab.

• Click
      Folder
      Options.

• Click
      Apply to all folders.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Regards.

Joseph Ban, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

How can I prevent the extra columns of details from appearing in File Explorer?

1. How can I prevent the extra columns of details from appearing in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - prevent extra columns

2. How can I remove the Status column from file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the Status column from file explorer?: I need to remove the status column as I no longer have my PC linked to a One Drive account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-the-status-column-from-file/0799a53a-de0f-48b3-912f-eeec4a3ef849
  3. How can I remove the Status column from file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove the Status column from file explorer?: I need to remove the status column as I no longer have my PC linked to a One Drive account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-the-status-column-from-file/0799a53a-de0f-48b3-912f-eeec4a3ef849
  4. File Explorer Details Display Columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Details Display Columns: Hello,None of the display fields show the user the last date:time a full folder path was last modified new files added or files changed. The standard File Explorer selection of Name, Date Modified, Type and Size does not do this, as Date Modified may relate to when the top...
  5. File Explorer Details Display Columns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Details Display Columns: Hello,None of the display fields show the user the last date:time a full folder path was last modified new files added or files changed. The standard File Explorer selection of Name, Date Modified, Type and Size does not do this, as Date Modified may relate to when the top...
  6. How to Prevent Extra Window Showing List of Files in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Prevent Extra Window Showing List of Files in Explorer?: Hi, Whenever I open windows explorer another window opens just showing the list of files. What feature of Windows is this called? And how can I turn it off? screenshot submitted by /u/000trident [link] [comments]...
  7. File extra details list and export any column

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File extra details list and export any column: TreeSize Pro not the free version does what Windows Explorershould do. In the right pane files have namedcolumns and right click any of the names of the columns gets the context menu thatshows the extra columns that Windows Explorer normally allows. So check and uncheck...
  8. How do I prevent some automatic File Explorer columns?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent some automatic File Explorer columns?: [IMG] submitted by /u/rpeg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/joo5g9/how_do_i_prevent_some_automatic_file_explorer/
  9. File Explorer Details Layout - Extra White Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Details Layout - Extra White Space: I recently updated my version of Windows and now for some reason, when I am using File Explorer, there is a ton of extra white space between folders where they used to be nicely compact and close together. Have been messing around with settings for a while in an attempt to...
  10. Windows File Explorer Column Details for Audio files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows File Explorer Column Details for Audio files: Does anyone know of a way to get bloody file explorer to show audio bit depth and frequency in details view. there seems to be no column heading for those. Can I hack/reg-add/some-other_way this? 122165