Windows 10: How can I prevent users from connecting to a USB storage device?

Discus and support How can I prevent users from connecting to a USB storage device? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi i am trying to Prevent Users from connecting to a USB storage device by following method, It didn't work in system. can any one help me out ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sagar Sarwasuddhi, Jan 27, 2020.

1. How can I prevent users from connecting to a USB storage device?

Hi

i am trying to Prevent Users from connecting to a USB storage device by following method, It didn't work in system. can any one help me out ?

USB storage device is already installed on the computer, set the Start value in the following registry key to 4:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UsbStor

:)

Sagar Sarwasuddhi, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Peifa Win User

How to disabled USB Storage device?

I need to disable USB storage to prevent someone copy my confidential file from my laptop (Wins 10).

I had tried my device manager to disable USB, but it disable my USB mouse and USB presenter as well.

I had tried this link - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...users-from-connecting-to-a-usb-storage-device and it looks like this method will not works in Wins 10

Is there any other solution?

Peifa, Jan 27, 2020
  3. VMware-usb storage device not recognized

Hello,

I'm running Windows XP in Workstation Player on a Windows 10 laptop.

My USB CD/DVD drive is able to mount in the Player. So is a flash drive.

My Western Digital ssd (My Passport Ultra) is listed in "Removable devices", but fails to mount, giving this error:

How can I prevent users from connecting to a USB storage device? [​IMG]

In the Virtual Machine settings, the USB controller is using usb 2.0.

The WD ssd is compatible with usb 3.0 and 2.0, and is supported by Windows XP. My desktop computer running Win XP has no problem mounting the drive.

The device manager in virtual Win XP shows it as an "unknown device."

I've read everything I can find on the problem, and tried a number of suggestions from the knowledge base at VMware as well as solutions via google searches.

Perhaps the WD ssd just won't work on the free version of VM Workstation Player (v. 14).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul Bacon, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

How can I prevent users from connecting to a USB storage device?

All USB storage devices have code 39 error

Hi Ilya,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get same error codes in the Device manager too?
    • Does this issue occurs in other hardware components like keyboard and mouse?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get same error when you connect your extenal hard drive to a different computer running Windows 10?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to check in Device Manager and check if you get the same error code. If yes follow link and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested under
    Code 39

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123#bookmark-39

Do let us know if the same code 39 shows under all USB storage devices. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

How can I prevent users from connecting to a USB storage device?

1. How can I prevent users from connecting to a USB storage device? - Similar Threads - prevent users connecting

2. Hello.. As an administrator how can I prevent users from enabling usb drivers on their devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello.. As an administrator how can I prevent users from enabling usb drivers on their devices?: my manager requests me from disable usb drivers on employees devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-as-an-administrator-how-can-i-prevent-users/4aa0d423-f734-4c5d-9919-88871e150d3f
  3. Hello.. As an administrator how can I prevent users from enabling usb drivers on their devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello.. As an administrator how can I prevent users from enabling usb drivers on their devices?: my manager requests me from disable usb drivers on employees devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-as-an-administrator-how-can-i-prevent-users/4aa0d423-f734-4c5d-9919-88871e150d3f
  4. How to prevent Windows from automatically connecting to bluetooth devices

How to prevent Windows from automatically connecting to bluetooth devices: This is a dead simple problem. I have a bluetooth device that you can turn on by connecting to it. It's a simple feature that is usually quite useful. The problem is that whenever Windows boots or wakes up, it will power on the device and connect to it. This is also a problem...
  5. How can I prevent users from disconnecting from the organization Azure joined

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent users from disconnecting from the organization Azure joined: Hello - How come users can disconnect a company computer that is in Azure Joined Domain ?Users can do this no admin privilege required. Under Settings, Accounts, Access Work or School, at the top under Connect, it shows the user account"Connected by *** Email address is...
  6. How can I prevent users from disconnecting from the organization Azure joined

How can I prevent users from disconnecting from the organization Azure joined: Hello - How come users can disconnect a company computer that is in Azure Joined Domain ?Users can do this no admin privilege required. Under Settings, Accounts, Access Work or School, at the top under Connect, it shows the user account"Connected by *** Email address is...
  7. USB device prevents windows from screensaver.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB device prevents windows from screensaver.: Hi guys, I have FIO Kunlun external USB DAC, and it prevents my screensavers to initialize. I have a lot of screens and it really hurts my electric bill :) can't think of a good solution... any ideas? *Turn off sound card is a bad idea, because it will mess software what is...
  8. USB STORAGE DEVICE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB STORAGE DEVICE: I've saved all my documents and pictures on my old computer onto a USB memory stick so I could transfer to my new computer, but the memory device isn't showing up when I plug into the new computer....
  9. how can i prevent a user from deleting a wireless connection on windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i prevent a user from deleting a wireless connection on windows 10 ?: hello the thing is i want to use bandwidth limiter on my organisation laptops to give every laptop what it needs only but if i did the settings then the user simply removed the wireless connection and connect again then the bandwidth meter will be reset to 0 do you...
  10. USB Storage Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Storage Devices: I've been using Win10 since the general release. This was an update install on a Win7 laptop. Apart from a few issues (waking from sleep on scheduled tasks, lack of control on updates) I have a problem with external devices. If I use several USB flash drives/harddrive I'm...