Windows 10: How can I prevent users from disconnecting from the organization Azure joined

Discus and support How can I prevent users from disconnecting from the organization Azure joined in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello - How come users can disconnect a company computer that is in Azure Joined Domain ?Users can do this no admin privilege required. Under Settings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dave_888, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Dave_888 Win User

How can I prevent users from disconnecting from the organization Azure joined

Hello - How come users can disconnect a company computer that is in Azure Joined Domain ?Users can do this no admin privilege required. Under Settings, Accounts, Access Work or School, at the top under Connect, it shows the user account"Connected by *** Email address is removed for privacy ***".The user can then select Disconnect this Account and disconnect the company computer from the company domain. The computer was set up with Intune and AUtopilotHow do I block users from disconnecting from the company domain.RegardsDave

:)

Dave_888, Nov 24, 2022

2. Unable to disconnect from Azure AD after account login issues

Been having an issue with one of our systems that is Azure AD joined, we seem to be experiencing the issue with accounts claiming that the password is incorrect. We are running and Insider Preview build (18346.19h1) on this system, so know to expect a couple
    of issues, but wanted to get others thoughts on it before we reload the system.

Steps taken so far are:

• try other Azure Users, same error
    • create and login with a local account
    • disconnect and reconnect to Azure AD
    One of the issues being that we cannot disconnect the system. The disconnect button warns of the consequences, then proceeds to do nothing.

Any other troubleshooting steps to try or is it time to wipe and reload?

richardthompson21, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Dino-M Win User
    Disconnecting on prem AD and then joining Azure AD creates new Windows profile?

Hello everyone,

I have a question about joining computers in my firm from on prem AD to Azure AD. When someone new arrives at our firm (new employee), there is a fresh installation of Windows 10. It is easy to join Azure AD
    because it is a fresh start, but now we have to migrate all Windows 10 users that are on prem AD to Azure AD. When I disconnect those users from our local on prem AD and join them to Azure AD, whole new Windows 10 profile is created, without any of settings,
    data or anything else on that profile (clean profile with few applications that are installed computer-wide). So my question is, is there any solution to keep their profile settings from before they joined Azure AD? Or I will have to simply tell them to backup
    everything (essential data).

What I tried so far:

• Tried tools for migration like ForensiT (User Profile Wizard, User Profile Manager and Transwiz, just to see if it is going to work) - not successful
    • Tried changing profile path from registry - not successful
    • Tried log in with the old credentials example: CONTOSO\user (because after I joined that computer to Azure AD user should log in as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***) - not successful
    Is there anything else I can try? Thanks for your answers.

Dino-M, Nov 24, 2022
  4. How can I prevent users from disconnecting from the organization Azure joined

Joining Windows 10 to Office365/azure

Hi Lan,

Based on your description, we understand that you want to join Azure AD from a local admin. You may refer to this article

AzureAD Domain Join – Add user to local adminstrator group.

In addition, we suggest you post the question in
    Azure forum
    for dedicated assistance. This is the specific channel that handles Azure related questions and issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Tina

Tina Chen MSFT, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

How can I prevent users from disconnecting from the organization Azure joined

1. How can I prevent users from disconnecting from the organization Azure joined - Similar Threads - prevent users disconnecting

2. How can I stop the Wifi from disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop the Wifi from disconnecting?: My PC has recently started having a problem where it will disconnect from the Wifi. When it disconnects, the option to turn on the Wifi or to change the network will disappear completely. The Wifi will not turn back on unless I restart the PC. The Wifi will stay connected for...
  3. How to check if my organization allows Azure AD join?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to check if my organization allows Azure AD join?: Hello everyone!I'm currently attending a University, and they provide their students with Windows 10 Education license. For the last two years I used that license on my personal device, and I'm trying to figure out if during Windows installation process I could join my device...
  4. How to check if my organization allows Azure AD join?

How to check if my organization allows Azure AD join?: Hello everyone!I'm currently attending a University, and they provide their students with Windows 10 Education license. For the last two years I used that license on my personal device, and I'm trying to figure out if during Windows installation process I could join my device...
  5. How to check if my organization allows Azure AD join?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. How can I prevent users from disconnecting from the organization Azure joined

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent users from disconnecting from the organization Azure joined: Hello - How come users can disconnect a company computer that is in Azure Joined Domain ?Users can do this no admin privilege required. Under Settings, Accounts, Access Work or School, at the top under Connect, it shows the user account"Connected by *** Email address is...
  7. Can I prevent a laptop user from doing a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I prevent a laptop user from doing a factory reset?: I understand there are at least two ways to carry out a factory reset Window 11 Home -1 Using Settings/System/Recovery/Reset this PC.I understand this only works from an Administrative Account, or if a user has the Admin Account password/PIN.2 Using the appropriate function...
  8. Can I prevent a laptop user from doing a factory reset?

Can I prevent a laptop user from doing a factory reset?: I understand there are at least two ways to carry out a factory reset Window 11 Home -1 Using Settings/System/Recovery/Reset this PC.I understand this only works from an Administrative Account, or if a user has the Admin Account password/PIN.2 Using the appropriate function...
  9. How can I prevent users from connecting to a USB storage device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I prevent users from connecting to a USB storage device?: Hi i am trying to Prevent Users from connecting to a USB storage device by following method, It didn't work in system. can any one help me out ? USB storage device is already installed on the computer, set the Start value in the following registry key to 4:...
  10. how can i prevent a user from deleting a wireless connection on windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i prevent a user from deleting a wireless connection on windows 10 ?: hello the thing is i want to use bandwidth limiter on my organisation laptops to give every laptop what it needs only but if i did the settings then the user simply removed the wireless connection and connect again then the bandwidth meter will be reset to 0 do you...