Windows 10: How can I prevent video driver changes when HDMI is changed?

Discus and support How can I prevent video driver changes when HDMI is changed? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; References: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-51-audio-dead-on-arrival/4acc2c4a-f828-44c6-8a41-75bcdd474025... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkFilipak.Windows, Aug 24, 2019.

1. How can I prevent video driver changes when HDMI is changed?

References:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-arrival/4acc2c4a-f828-44c6-8a41-75bcdd474025

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...io-video/6bb5c5f6-6b4d-450b-8c73-935971680cc9

It's hard to confirm it, but it appears that the automatic driver change caused by HDMI (automatically enabled when TV is turned on, automatically disabled when TV is turned off) is causing the Oracle VirtualBox VM manager to crash (plus a Windows Event: "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered"). I can't determine whether the VBox crash is the cause or the result.

I need to prevent Windows changing the display driver. It occurs to me that the easiest way to accomplish that is to force Windows to drive the HDMI at all times, regardless whether HDMI is actually connected, thereby avoiding driver changes.

Is there a way to force Windows to drive the HDMI at all times?

Warm Regards,

Mark.

:)

MarkFilipak.Windows, Aug 24, 2019

2. PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Aug 24, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

How can I prevent video driver changes when HDMI is changed?

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

How can I prevent video driver changes when HDMI is changed?

1. How can I prevent video driver changes when HDMI is changed? - Similar Threads - prevent video driver

2. Why does my screen brightness change and how can I prevent it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screen brightness change and how can I prevent it?: My laptop is a Latitude 5530 and I am on Windows 10 21H2.When I first got my laptop, I made sure I went through everything and stopped any adaptive screen brightness features.I've verified the windows "automatically adjust brightness" is turned off.I've also gone into the...
  3. How can I change this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change this?: How can I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-this/9f68ac4c-5494-4785-9048-e1e7c8e9da8b
  4. How can I change this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change this?: How can I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-this/9f68ac4c-5494-4785-9048-e1e7c8e9da8b
  5. How can I change my audio driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change my audio driver?: Hello,I've been having a problem with Realtek R audio driver causing sound delay. How can I change the driver to a 3rd party driver or a driver on the manufacturer's website?Thanks...
  6. How can I change my audio driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change my audio driver?: Hello,I've been having a problem with Realtek R audio driver causing sound delay. How can I change the driver to a 3rd party driver or a driver on the manufacturer's website?Thanks...
  7. How to automate power plan change when HDMI is detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to automate power plan change when HDMI is detected: Hello Win10 community! I'm trying to find a way to implement the following: - Plug laptop into TV through HDMI ----> Power Plan automatically changes from the default to one of my custom profiles. - Then reverse the process (ie. unplug HDMI ---> change back the power plan)...
  8. colour changing when I playing video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    colour changing when I playing video: I have a problem. since I upgraded the Windows and K-Lite Codec Pack, everytime I playing video (from my Pc or from website) the video colour always change, sometimes black and white. I tried to setting the colour management, display, colour calibrate, upgrading driver, no...
  9. When changing Themes how do I prevent mouse Scheme from changing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    When changing Themes how do I prevent mouse Scheme from changing?: I'm just wondering if there's some way to prevent the mouse scheme from changing back to its default whenever I switch Themes I've downloaded from Microsoft. Anytime I change one it defaults back and is driving me nuts. I am not sure if it can be done however. 82627
  10. tooltips for videos... can i change them?

in Windows 10 Support
    tooltips for videos... can i change them?: hi... does anyone know what controls the tooltips for files and videos? for mp4 it shows the size and the length and whether it's available offline for webm and flash it shows the size and the date and i'd like to make them all the same... i tried looking for it in...