Windows 10: How can I prevent 'Welcome to Office' pop up taking focus?

Discus and support How can I prevent 'Welcome to Office' pop up taking focus? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, I'm having a bit of an issue with the latest update of Windows 10 (v1909), whereby it has become very insistent in it's need to tell me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/comeinsecond, Feb 23, 2020.

1. How can I prevent 'Welcome to Office' pop up taking focus?

How can I prevent 'Welcome to Office' pop up taking focus? fceI6r6dJYU7blcmEickkouLaZ-nJqwwYBEGR7QCKNU.jpg

Hi, I'm having a bit of an issue with the latest update of Windows 10 (v1909), whereby it has become very insistent in it's need to tell me all about the Office programs. I keep getting the following pop up and it's taking focus away from whatever I'm doing, even if full screen playing a game or similar.

https://preview.redd.it/zaz8xagemni...bp&s=7ec0bec47cfe31e731a9291a774056f614f5b178

I've tried uninstalling the actual 'Office' application that this seems to be, but within 10 minutes it's back and interrupting whatever I'm doing.

I've turned off notifications for it, it's not one of the programs in the start-up in Task Manager. I've tried signing in with my hotmail account, in an attempt to get it to stop taking focus, but now I just get presented with the small handful of files that I happen to have saved to my drive over the years instead of the sign in screen above.

A google search doesn't yield any obvious solutions. Anyone had this issue? Or know how to solve it?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/comeinsecond
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/comeinsecond, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Kari Win User
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 23, 2020
  4. How can I prevent 'Welcome to Office' pop up taking focus?

Pop up blocker

Hi,

Pop-up blocker helps user to prevent pop-ups from displaying in a user's Web browser.

Follow these steps to block pop-ups in Internet Explorer:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Open the gear icon at the upper right of the Internet Explorer.
    • Select Internet Options.
    • Under Privacy tab, put a check mark on Turn on Pop-up Blocker.
    • Click OK.
    Follow these steps to block pop-ups in Microsoft Edge:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Open More (icon with three dots) and select Settings.
    • Click View advanced settings.
    • Turn Block pop-ups to On.
    Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

How can I prevent 'Welcome to Office' pop up taking focus?

1. How can I prevent 'Welcome to Office' pop up taking focus? - Similar Threads - prevent 'Welcome Office'

2. Parts of a Chrome pop-up window end up off the bottom of the screen - how can I prevent this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parts of a Chrome pop-up window end up off the bottom of the screen - how can I prevent this?: Hi.I'm using a website called Buffer on Chrome on Windows 11. As I use the application, a number of popup windows gradually appear in different parts of my screen, the last one always appears right at the bottom of my screen - but a critical part of it the save button! is...
  3. Parts of a Chrome pop-up window end up off the bottom of the screen - how can I prevent this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parts of a Chrome pop-up window end up off the bottom of the screen - how can I prevent this?: Hi.I'm using a website called Buffer on Chrome on Windows 11. As I use the application, a number of popup windows gradually appear in different parts of my screen, the last one always appears right at the bottom of my screen - but a critical part of it the save button! is...
  4. How do I prevent Fondue.exe and Omega.exe pop ups?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent Fondue.exe and Omega.exe pop ups?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SmokerofBowls [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tw7dj5/how_do_i_prevent_fondueexe_and_omegaexe_pop_ups/
  5. How do I prevent this pop up for media on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I prevent this pop up for media on Windows 10: Hello, Can I suppress this pop on my systems. Just this message, not others. Right now, I cannot click this away or move it. Very annoying. No way to 'x' this out. [ATTACH] Thanks,...
  6. window taking focus??

window taking focus??: How do I stop the window the cursor is in from riseing to the top. I set it to do this when asked during installation but now it is a pain and I cannot find the setting to change it. Thank you in advance...
  7. How do I safely prevent applications stealing focus?

How do I safely prevent applications stealing focus?: For example, when I want to load Space Engineers game in the background and tab out of it so it can load while I'm browsing the internet, the window automatically switches to the game, expected, but then repeatedly switches back to it when I'm trying to get it to load in the...
  8. How to stop office pop ups

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop office pop ups: Sometimes when i'm playing games this pops up. https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/793135498768386508/EFBF072C9B3C792E793CD49AEEC5190D7C78B3E8/ It's really annoying. I've tried searching how to stop the pop ups, i've tried uninstalling it by pressing the windows key...
  9. focus assistant pop up keeps appearing

focus assistant pop up keeps appearing: hi, I am using Windows 10, 1903 and the focus assistant popup appears few times or so. I have set it to off. Is there the best way to get it to not appear at all?...
  10. how to prevent huge downloads taking place in w10/ office 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    how to prevent huge downloads taking place in w10/ office 2016: Ever since I have migrated to w10 two days ago, whenever I connect to net, I find huge downloads starting to take place. I have closed all "automatic updates", I have disabled all tasks of google/ opera update (disabled there triggers als0, foxpro/ thunderbird/ flash/...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Welcome to Office on the web pop up

2. how to stop welcome to office on the web