Windows 10: How can I prevent Win10 from changing my settings (i.e. bootup, display, etc.) every time...

Discus and support How can I prevent Win10 from changing my settings (i.e. bootup, display, etc.) every time... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time a long update is performed, my laptop settings revert to before any changes I've made. This includes settings such requiring a password on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kfr1313, Jul 13, 2018.

1. kfr1313 Win User

How can I prevent Win10 from changing my settings (i.e. bootup, display, etc.) every time...

Every time a long update is performed, my laptop settings revert to before any changes I've made. This includes settings such requiring a password on bootup, display settings, etc.

:)

kfr1313, Jul 13, 2018

2. Display settings changed

Hi,

We would like to know more information regarding your display settings issue. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • How are you trying to extend the display?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Astrogoth Win User
    My Win10 Ent' time server was mis-set after install.

Is your internet time off? Are you running Win10 E? Try changing to the second server on the list. It works!

Astrogoth, Jul 13, 2018
  4. angus Win User

How can I prevent Win10 from changing my settings (i.e. bootup, display, etc.) every time...

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I prevent Win10 from changing my settings (i.e. bootup, display, etc.) every time... - Similar Threads - prevent Win10 changing

2. edited How can I prevent ChkDisk on bootup without having to corrupt my drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edited How can I prevent ChkDisk on bootup without having to corrupt my drive: edit: waiting it out seems to work and now i would like to know how to remove this without corrupting my driver. thanksHello, I am not really a tech savvy person so I will try to explain this as throughly as possible.So starting about 2-3 weeks ago, Windows 11 has been acting...
  3. edited How can I prevent ChkDisk on bootup without having to corrupt my drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edited How can I prevent ChkDisk on bootup without having to corrupt my drive: edit: waiting it out seems to work and now i would like to know how to remove this without corrupting my driver. thanksHello, I am not really a tech savvy person so I will try to explain this as throughly as possible.So starting about 2-3 weeks ago, Windows 11 has been acting...
  4. How can I change the display settings back to original settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the display settings back to original settings?: Somehow I have totally messed up my display settings and want to reset them to the original display settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-display-settings-back-to/99b172a7-8987-4e5f-8700-df454224e8c6
  5. How can I change the display settings back to original settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change the display settings back to original settings?: Somehow I have totally messed up my display settings and want to reset them to the original display settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-display-settings-back-to/99b172a7-8987-4e5f-8700-df454224e8c6
  6. How can I change the display settings back to original settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I prevent my computer from changing the default app mode every time I reset my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent my computer from changing the default app mode every time I reset my computer?: For some reason, it always set itself back to light mode instead of dark mode and I have no idea why it does this. submitted by /u/The_Kuroi_Kenshi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lilw6y/how_do_i_prevent_my_computer_from_changing_the/
  8. How can I stop Windows from rearranging my desktop icons every time I change monitor...

How can I stop Windows from rearranging my desktop icons every time I change monitor...: I run Win10 20H2. I have two monitors that are not the same. One is 1920x1080 and the main display the other is 1680x1050. I only put shortcut icons on the main 1920x1080 monitor. I need to organize my desktop icons by task. Here is what I see happen: I change the main...
  9. Gamma settings on my laptop display resets every time I log in

Gamma settings on my laptop display resets every time I log in: Hello, So every time I start my laptop the gamma is too high and I have to go to advanced display settings and reload calibrations to fix the gamma issue. I have tried everything I could find online from doing all the settings fixes to updating drivers and nothing worked....
  10. How can I change my display back to default settings?

How can I change my display back to default settings?: How do I change my display back to the default settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-can-i-change-my-display-back-to-default/94b1b49f-80bb-4056-8edf-96fe21763367