Windows 10: How can I prevent windows 10 from adding email downloads to the hard drive

Discus and support How can I prevent windows 10 from adding email downloads to the hard drive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I prevent windows 10 from adding email downloads to the hard drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mrs K11, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Mrs K11 Win User

How can I prevent windows 10 from adding email downloads to the hard drive

:)

Mrs K11, Aug 11, 2019
  2. $immond$ Win User

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Aug 11, 2019
  3. little cat, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I prevent windows 10 from adding email downloads to the hard drive - Similar Threads - prevent adding email

2. Added hard drive not recognized by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Added hard drive not recognized by Windows 10: I have a new PC and installed a 1TB hard drive from my old PC containing the OS and all files and software from the old Windows 10 PC. It is formatted NTSF just as the SSD in the new PC. The drive and all partitions are shown as healthy in Disk Management but does not...
  3. How can I prevent the Windows 10 October Update from being downloaded again?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I prevent the Windows 10 October Update from being downloaded again?: The Windows 10 October update did not work on my computer at all. I was able to uninstall it and revert to an earlier version of Windows 10. I currently have updates paused, but it says that after 12/23/2020 updates will resume. How can I prevent the October Windows 10 update...
  4. Downloading emails to hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading emails to hard drive: I use Live Mail 2011 which is no longer supported nor available to download. This currently enables me to download emails to store on my hard drive. I also use Windows Mail. Can I download emails to store from Windows Mail? Or am I better buying Outlook assuming this does...
  5. How do I prevent windows from serving me ads?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I prevent windows from serving me ads?: I need to prevent this from happening: https://i.imgur.com/vnxM3pk.png When I or other users press the windows key and start typing, I'm shown this advertisement for a service I do not want. Is there a way to prevent this? Thanks for the help - Ben...
  6. How can I move windows from the C drive to another hard drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I move windows from the C drive to another hard drive?: My laptop has recently had multiple bsod, I didnt give it much attention until I decided to scan my hard drive and realized that the C has a physical bad sector, and to my luck I got a bsod and since then can't be on the laptop for more than 10 minutes without getting a...
  7. How prevent from ads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How prevent from ads: Hello: My win10 installed build-in DEFEND, but every day there are ADS intrude in my PC。 How annoying! Anyway to prevent them out ? -- Zhao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-prevent-from-ads/a2b2e712-55a9-4113-88ac-58e70a7a9e43
  8. Can I move Windows 10 from a dead hard drive to a new drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I move Windows 10 from a dead hard drive to a new drive?: I purchased a refurbished computer that came with Windows 7 preinstalled. I upgraded to Windows 10 when the upgrade became available. I have made regular backups of my data, but not Windows itself. The hard drive just died. Is there a way to move my copy of Windows 10...
  9. Delete:How to prevent windows from turning on hard drives to restart?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Delete:How to prevent windows from turning on hard drives to restart?: edit: nevermind found answer while looking for something totally unrelated. Wonder why search didnt find it. Ca sara sara I have 2 external hard drives that are always on but in sleep mode until I need them. I want to be able to have windows NOT power them on when...
  10. Moving files from hard drive to another - How to prevent duplicates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving files from hard drive to another - How to prevent duplicates?: I need to move files (mostly pictures and videos) from an hard drive pulled from an older Windows 7 machine to a backup external drive (using Windows 10) There are some files on the pulled HDD that are also on the backup drive, but they are all mixed, so I can't just copy...