Windows 10: How can I prevent Windows 10 from auto-updating my graphics drivers?

Discus and support How can I prevent Windows 10 from auto-updating my graphics drivers? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm running a RX-580 graphics card and the ONLY game I play is Destiny 2. I prefer drivers 18.5.1 and I'd like to just KEEP using this version. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Joey141414, Feb 7, 2020.

1. How can I prevent Windows 10 from auto-updating my graphics drivers?

I'm running a RX-580 graphics card and the ONLY game I play is Destiny 2. I prefer drivers 18.5.1 and I'd like to just KEEP using this version. It works well. But lately twice a week my AMD drivers are auto-updated to 19.2. This started about a month ago, maybe more. When I use AMD's cleanup utility and re-install 18.5.1, I make sure that the box for auto-update is unchecked, but yet this keeps happening over and over. I'm sick of it. Please help. System info below:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.18362 Build 18362

System Type: x64-based PC

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor, 3200 Mhz,, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Proce...

Bios Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc P2.40 4/10/2017

SMBIOS Version: 3.0

BaseBoard procuct: AB350 Pro4

Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB

submitted by /u/Joey141414
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Joey141414, Feb 7, 2020

2. Disabling Windows Update only way to prevent Realtek driver from auto-updating on Windows 10

Hi Patrick,

Since you've done a lot of troubleshooting steps just to prevent updates, we suggest you to check this article:

How to temporarily prevent a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Graphics Driver Crash on Fullscreen after Windows 10 Update

Hi Noah,

I appreciate your effort to resolve the issue with driver. I will certainly help you.

The issue might occur due to incompatibility of drivers.

I suggest you to run the Programs compatibility troubleshooter. It
    runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Try this setting if you know the program is designed for (or worked in) a specific previous version of Windows.

Kindly follow the steps to run the compatibility troubleshooter:

• Go to Control Panel and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on programs.

• Select Programs compatibility Troubleshooter
      and follow the on screen instructions.

If the issue still persist kindly go to the below link and click on
    Auto Detect on GPU. It will automatically detect the latest updated graphic driver.

Drivers | GeForce

You can also try rolling back the graphic driver.

Kindly follow the steps to roll back the driver:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

• Click on the Display driver to expand, right click on the device/ graphic driver and click on Properties.

• Now click on Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver button.
    Please get back to us for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank You

Jahnabi Das, Feb 7, 2020
  4. How can I prevent Windows 10 from auto-updating my graphics drivers?

Constant issues with windows update .. suspected to be graphics driver problem.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed trying to fix the issue. Go to the Windows update installed and let us know which Windows update KB number is conflict to the issue.

• Type update on the windows search bar and select View installed update.

• Check for the KB number.
    You can also hide/block the Windows update, visit the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check. At first, I suggest you to install the graphic card driver and try installing the Windows update. Go to the below link and click on AUTO DETECT YOUR GPU. It
    will automatically detect the updated graphics card driver.

Drivers | GeForce

Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

How can I prevent Windows 10 from auto-updating my graphics drivers?

1. How can I prevent Windows 10 from auto-updating my graphics drivers? - Similar Threads - prevent auto updating

2. How can I prevent Windows 11 from automatically updating my display driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent Windows 11 from automatically updating my display driver?: Hi all, the question header says it all. I am looking for a way to prevent Windows 11 from automatically installing a display driver. Let me give some background as to why. I have a laptop Lenovo ThinkPad L13 that has started automatically shutting off after about 2-3 minutes...
  3. How can I prevent Windows 11 from automatically updating my display driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I prevent Windows 11 from automatically updating my display driver?: Hi all, the question header says it all. I am looking for a way to prevent Windows 11 from automatically installing a display driver. Let me give some background as to why. I have a laptop Lenovo ThinkPad L13 that has started automatically shutting off after about 2-3 minutes...
  4. How do I prevent Windows Update from automatically installing AMD Graphics Drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent Windows Update from automatically installing AMD Graphics Drivers?: Windows 11 Home - Windows Update automatically installs drivers for AMD Graphics cards. These drivers are worse than the AMD drivers and they continually cause my system to freeze. How do I prevent this? I already said "No" in device installation settings. I don't have access...
  5. How do I prevent Windows Update from automatically installing AMD Graphics Drivers?

How do I prevent Windows Update from automatically installing AMD Graphics Drivers?: Windows 11 Home - Windows Update automatically installs drivers for AMD Graphics cards. These drivers are worse than the AMD drivers and they continually cause my system to freeze. How do I prevent this? I already said "No" in device installation settings. I don't have access...
  6. How can I prevent windows update of IntelR UHD Graphics 630 driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent windows update of IntelR UHD Graphics 630 driver?: Even though I updated my Intel UHD 630 Graphics driver using intel support assistant, windows update reinstalls the old driver and the old driver is causing problems with some videos. How we can solve this problem? I had the same problem when using Windows 10. I just want to...
  7. How can I prevent windows update of IntelR UHD Graphics 630 driver?

How can I prevent windows update of IntelR UHD Graphics 630 driver?: Even though I updated my Intel UHD 630 Graphics driver using intel support assistant, windows update reinstalls the old driver and the old driver is causing problems with some videos. How we can solve this problem? I had the same problem when using Windows 10. I just want to...
  8. How can we prevent Windows Update from updating certain drivers?

How can we prevent Windows Update from updating certain drivers?: Windows Update is "updating" my AMD Radeon Graphics from 31.0.x to 30.x and it's causing an issue for my system. Everytime I update it to the correct driver using AMD's driver auto-detect tool, Windows Update reinstalls the incorrect driver. It's like a cat/mouse game. Is...
  9. How can I prevent my graphics driver from updating?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How can I prevent my graphics driver from updating?: I have a Dell Inspiron 7373 and have an issue where the computer can't wake the display after it times out. I have spent months and many posts on here and bleeping computer and all resolutions suggested do not work - this is a known issue and I have found a hopeful...
  10. How can I prevent my graphics driver from updating?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I prevent my graphics driver from updating?: I have a Dell Inspiron 7373 and have an issue where the computer can't wake the display after it times out. I have spent months and many posts on here and bleeping computer and all resolutions suggested do not work - this is a known issue and I have found a hopeful...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prevent windows update from updating my drivers