Windows 10: How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting while unattended?

Discus and support How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting while unattended? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I frequently need to leave processes (simulations, renders etc) running for 24 hours or more, but often find in the morning that WIndows has restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 8765456789, Sep 17, 2018.

1. How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting while unattended?

I frequently need to leave processes (simulations, renders etc) running for 24 hours or more, but often find in the morning that WIndows has restarted overnight due to an update, destroying all the work.

I know about "active hours" but I need to completely prevent these automatic restarts from happening so I can restart manually at my own convenience.

Can you let me know how to go about this?

:)

8765456789, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 17, 2018
  3. little cat, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting while unattended?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting while unattended?

1. How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting while unattended? - Similar Threads - prevent restarting while

2. How can I find/prevent automatic computer restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find/prevent automatic computer restart?: Hello I recently joined the IT department as a technician, I have laptops HP ProBook 455 G7 that automatically restart during use and close all applications. I use Windows 11 Pro version 22H2.I've even disabled automatic restart on system error in settings but it still hasn't...
  3. How can I find/prevent automatic computer restart?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I find/prevent automatic computer restart?: Hello I recently joined the IT department as a technician, I have laptops HP ProBook 455 G7 that automatically restart during use and close all applications. I use Windows 11 Pro version 22H2.I've even disabled automatic restart on system error in settings but it still hasn't...
  4. Random BSOD while unattended

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD while unattended: Hello Community, I fixed some issues with my system, but when I leave my pc on for a bit unattended it crashes from time to time, If I am using to browse or play games it doesn't crash, only when I leave it on with nothing running.Here are the latest dump files, I put a time...
  5. Windows 10 crashes while the PC is unattended, takes minutes to boot after restart and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 crashes while the PC is unattended, takes minutes to boot after restart and...: A few days ago during a work break my PC crashed. When I got back to the device all screens were black but the fan ran full speed usually never happens while idle. I first waited a few minutes thinking it might run an automatic update and restarts by itself but it was stuck...
  6. How to really prevent Windows 10 from restarting for updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to really prevent Windows 10 from restarting for updates?: Hi, I am really sick and tired of Windows 10 automatic reboots for updating. I have been 40 years working with computers, coding, designing apps, maintaining enterprises, engineering solutions based on computers and I think I am old enough to take care of security myself....
  7. How to prevent windows 10 from restarting programs after update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent windows 10 from restarting programs after update?: Hallo How do I permanent prevent Windows 10 from rebooting my computer due to updates? OR How do I permanent prevent Windows 10 from restarting the programs that were running prior to reboot? BR...
  8. How can I prevent Windows from automatically updating?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I prevent Windows from automatically updating?: Yesterday a window popped up giving me only two choices, now or in one hour. There was no option to stop it altogether. First of all, I had no proof that it wasn't malware. And while I'd stepped away from my desk, it automatically started the upgrade which forced me to sit...
  9. How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting without my consent?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting without my consent?: Everytime there's an update and the OS thinks I'm idle (nevermind that I'm watching a film, browsing the internet or just been gone for a minute, it restarts without asking. I've disabled the automatic restarts in the Windows settings (Advanced options\Update options\Restart...
  10. How to prevent update from turning my PC on unattended.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to prevent update from turning my PC on unattended.: I have an issue whereby when I return home from work in the evening, I find my PC running after being turned on by Windows Update during the day. I find this intrusion unacceptable and I probably wouldn't mind so much if it turned it back off again! What if I was away for a...